Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No.

No.

No.

Which is?

Did he declassify them? No.

Even if he had, they remain government property.

No he didn't.

He gave them back when they were discovered. Trump refused and then lied about it.

You don't like Corvettes?
In response to your "no, no, no", how do you explain biden saying he was "surprised" to hear they were in his own home? Only accidents, incompetence or carelessness (and maybe even a little lack of cognition) would have him bringing home top secret documents and then being surprised that they were there.

Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟193,979.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
In response to your "no, no, no", how do you explain biden saying he was "surprised" to hear they were in his own home?
Who is "biden"?
Only accidents, incompetence or carelessness (and maybe even a little lack of cognition) would have him bringing home top secret documents and then being surprised that they were there.
I haven't seen any evidence that he brought home such documents.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟650,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Reactions: RoBo1988
Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟193,979.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟650,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Or none of the above.

I suppose they could have simply walked into his garage on their own.
Let's go with that one.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟687,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It is funny how CNN is not saying how Biden acted inappropriately

I don't understand why people are talking about raiding Biden's Property
I Trump found some documents he should not have had and the DOJ did not know about and handed them
over he would not have been raided.

Isn't it funny how the national archives people knew that Trump had classified documents in a safe after he left office yet had no earthly idea that Joe's had classified documents for years?

It doesn't seem a lot like going after the side you hate with a vengeance for anything you can drum up and ignoring everything your side does, to you?

Because it does to the rest of us... The fact national archives didn't care about the security of classified documents until Trump ended up with a few in his safe is absolutely telling to me.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,087,273.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
There's also probable cause to believe Biden didn't turn over classified information....you know, the fact that he didn't.

Well if the explanation given is "ooopsie I forgot I left state intelligence secrets at my non-government work location" then I don't see why it would be unreasonable to think well if this man was taking documents from work....and forgot about them....we had better at least check any other places he might have forgotten.
I can understand why Biden, exhausted from nights in the hospital where his son lay dying, dealing with grief, might have accidentally forgotten a few papers which, when discovered, were immediately and voluntarily returned.
That's different from instructing the movers to take hundreds of boxes if government property and refusing to comply with subpoenas to return them.

• Agree
Reactions: FreeinChrist
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,396.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
LE didn't appear to be too concerned with what he was doing with them.

They were concerned enough to get a search warrant to get the documents that his spokespeople said he didn't have.

They just got involved later to get them.back. If they were really so concerned they would have acted much sooner.

And then the far right talking points would be that they rushed to judgement.

Mo the left werw the ones that were so concerned with what he was.doing with them.

Interesting assertion. And yet it was law enforcement that was forced to get a search warrant and take back the documents his employees claimed he didn't have.

Was he selling secrets? Who was he selling secrets.to? Etc. Just go back and read the threads and listen to the left wing pundits.

Interesting attempt to assert something then shift the burden of proof. Not a sign of a particularly well researched post.

Now Joe has these for far longer than Trump and no is concerned what he was doing with them? Everyone wants to defend him for having them, no big deal right? Sorry it's not going to fly. The left is nothing but a bunch of political hacks. Biased and hypocritical.

Yeah, that's the narrative. Just the last in a long list to invent reasons to back up not liking a Democrat. Kinda like Behghazi, Obama's birth certificate and wearing a tan suit. When a political party's platform has been reduced to "own the libs", it's the kind of lame stuff one would expect to see to keep the base from thinking too hard.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Paul Shunamon

Nov 25, 2021
Cambridge
✟18,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

He took some classified documents from his time as VP under Obama to his private office somewhere blah blah blah.

I remember pointing out that at these levels of the federal government, this stuff happens all the time. It's the exact same crime Trump is accused of in the Mar A Lago raid. How did they know where to look? Hmmm.

"The classified materials included some top-secret files with the "sensitive compartmented information" designation, also known as SCI, which is used for highly sensitive information obtained from intelligence sources."

Fun stuff. I recall people saying Trump should be jailed for life. What should happen to Biden?

Thoughts?

Here are the two factors! All Presidents and VPs have the right to

He took some classified documents from his time as VP under Obama to his private office somewhere blah blah blah.

I remember pointing out that at these levels of the federal government, this stuff happens all the time. It's the exact same crime Trump is accused of in the Mar A Lago raid. How did they know where to look? Hmmm.

"The classified materials included some top-secret files with the "sensitive compartmented information" designation, also known as SCI, which is used for highly sensitive information obtained from intelligence sources."

Fun stuff. I recall people saying Trump should be jailed for life. What should happen to Biden?

Thoughts?

There are two factors we must understand. First ANY President or VP can take or declassify documents from their own Administration (that is without question for Trump or Biden).. Second, in order to "take" or declassify documents from OTHER administrations or agencies (CIA, DEA, FBI, etc.) there is a set of protocols in place that MUST BE followed (this is where Trump failed the test). You ALWAYS must have the permission of the Generating Agency (which they usually will give). This the subject matter of the MDR (the M standing for MANDATORY).

SO IF it turns out Biden is ALSO in violation of these rules THEN he is also guilty and should also be indicted and tried. It is not politics it is the law.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟650,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I can understand why Biden, exhausted from nights in the hospital where his son lay dying, dealing with grief, might have accidentally forgotten a few papers which, when discovered, were immediately and voluntarily returned.
That's different from instructing the movers to take hundreds of boxes if government property and refusing to comply with subpoenas to return them.

I don't remember biden using his son as an excuse to mishandle top secret documents he wasn't authorized to have. So far, he's been above that.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,574.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
This applies to Trump, but not to Biden.
No I think we can safely say it applies to Biden. You don't send lawyers to pack up your things unless you expect them to find something and you don't give them keys to locked storage/rooms unless you know where to look.

Link, please.
To what?

You might want to re-read the posts to which you're responding.

Did you say Biden is guilty and I missed it?

Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,574.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Here are the two factors! All Presidents and VPs have the right to

There are two factors we must understand. First ANY President or VP can take or declassify documents from their own Administration (that is without question for Trump or Biden).. Second, in order to "take" or declassify documents from OTHER administrations or agencies (CIA, DEA, FBI, etc.) there is a set of protocols in place that MUST BE followed (this is where Trump failed the test). You ALWAYS must have the permission of the Generating Agency (which they usually will give). This the subject matter of the MDR (the M standing for MANDATORY).

SO IF it turns out Biden is ALSO in violation of these rules THEN he is also guilty and should also be indicted and tried. It is not politics it is the law.
I don't think you need permission for the classifying agency if you're the president or vp....but i don't really know.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,574.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Wow....maybe there was a little church he stopped and prayed at that we should check and see if he left any classified information in.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,574.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Actually, a little over 4,000 pages.
Also of interest, a couple of the deals McCarthy made with the 20 Republicans referred to as "extremists" and "right wing hardliners" included no more omnibus bills, and a mandatory 72 hour period to read bills before being voted on.
Good deal.

Those things are designed so people don't read them and legislators can claim they don't know what's in them.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟329,220.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Isn't it funny how the national archives people knew that Trump had classified documents in a safe after he left office yet had no earthly idea that Joe's had classified documents for years?

It doesn't seem a lot like going after the side you hate with a vengeance for anything you can drum up and ignoring everything your side does, to you?

Because it does to the rest of us... The fact national archives didn't care about the security of classified documents until Trump ended up with a few in his safe is absolutely telling to me.
You seem to have misunderstood some things. First, I'm not aware of any classified document Trump had in a safe; and I don't believe NARA ever knew if he had any in his safe, either.

Let's go through this and correct your understanding. First, NARA, which has responsibility under the Presidential Records Act to collect all official Presidential Papers, noticed that some of the documents from the Trump Presidency were missing. For example, they noticed the letters between Pres. Trump and Kim Jong Un were not included in the papers they had received from the Trump White House. I don't recall all the others but there was a list of rather well known documents that were missing from what they received. They sent a letter, noting the items they were missing, to former Pres. Trump in May 2021.

In response to NARA, discussions were held between NARA and Trump's lawyers, which ended in 15 boxes of documents being sent to NARA in January of 2022. The issue was, many of the documents that NARA had noted were missing were not in those 15 boxes sent to NARA. In response, NARA turned to the DoJ (per the Presidential Records Act) to help them get the records from Pres. Trump. The DoJ then had discussions with Trump's lawyers about getting the Presidential Records back from former Pres. Trump. The Trump lawyers claimed to be looking for the papers. In May, with how slow things were progressing, the DoJ got a subpeona ordering former Pres. Trump and his lawyers to turn over all Presidential records that were still in Pres. Trump's possession. In June, Trump's lawyers claimed to have gathered all the remaining documents and was ready to turn them over. They also signed a statement stating all Classified material had been removed.

In July, the FBI had an informant tell them that there was classified information in Mar-A-Lago. Based on this information -- particularly since Trump's lawyers had already claimed, under oath, that no classified documents remained -- they went to a judge and got a search warrant. Without the information from the informant, the FBI would not have been able to get the warrant. The FBI, in the search, recovered 33 boxes of documents, more than the Trump team had turned over in the time since NARA wrote the letter saying items was missing. Included in those 33 boxes -- some of which was taken from former Pres. Trump's desk -- were over 100 Classified documents. Of course, we've since learned even that wasn't all the documents, as more Classified documents that were found in a storage locker were turned over by Trump's lawyers this fall.

So, no, it isn't funny that NARA knew that Trump had Classified documents -- it was the FBI that knew and they were told by an informant who was at Mar-A-Lago and had access.

By contrast, NARA (to the best of my knowledge) has not discovered they are missing any of former Pres. Obama's records. The documents discovered so far by Biden's lawyers are not necessarily Obama Presidential documents, rather they are more likely VP documents (not covered by the Presidential Records Act) or may be copies of Pres. Obama's records for the VPs office (documents where NARA has the original). Which, if it is either case I've speculated, is not clear at the moment. Regardless, there are several very plausible reasons why NARA (who archives records for the Federal Government but has nothing to do with Classified document security) would have no reason the records were "missing."

Don't get me wrong, I am happy a Special Prosecutor was appointed to investigate the Biden documents (a Trump appointee, at that) and believe Pres. Biden should be held responsible. At the same time, there is no evidence of "obstruction" by Biden as their has been with Trump, at least that is known at this point.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,087,273.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You are acting as if keeping these random documents was deliberate. I see a grief stricken man who set aside plans for a presidential run due to heartbreak, struggling to keep it all together as he dealt with fatherless grandchildren and a son who turned to cocaine to deal with his grief.
Perhaps you think that Biden's mind and Trump's mind are similar. They are completely unlike.
Biden is kindly, empathetic, family-oriented.
I do not think Trump was necessarily planning to run off with state secrets.
He just thought his plans to overturn the election would work so he packed in a hurry, throwing things haphazardly into boxes. I don't see premeditation, except in refusing to abide by subpoenas.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟650,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Good deal.

Those things are designed so people don't read them and legislators can claim they don't know what's in them.
Pelosi demonstrated her knowledge of that when she stated that we need to pass bills to find out what is in them.

Upvote 0