United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Need advice,

Last week I was in an intense work-related training and one night I went to sleep and “before” falling asleep, on my back, I felt someone getting into bed with me (I was in a private dorm room) so I tried to react and see who it was and I couldn’t respond. I then felt something lay on top of me. A very heavy heavy weight on me. My mind panicked and I tried to push it off. But again, I couldn’t move. I truly believed like someone was going to assault me. Suddenly, I felt these extreme sexual emotions, almost to the point of ... . In my mind I was trying to react, get it off of me and I was trying to yell for help. But, I couldn’t respond. This may have lasted like a minute? Not sure?

I’m a life long chrisitan, I study, read, pray, go to a great bible church, know and believe in Christ’s vicarious work on the cross, etc. I’m educated, successful (work wise), no drugs, alcohol, etc. I’m older (58) so pretty much don’t even think about sexual things at all. Yes, the training had me exhausted, and not sleeping much. Honestly, I’m a physically strong person, but I felt ... violated. It made me both angry and scared.

What am I supposed to do with this? I’ve been praying a lot since then!! Any thoughts or advice? Was I “attacked” by a succubus?

I've had similar experiences. Where the bed actually moved from the weight of the being. But not assaulted. I also get sleep paralysis and I thought it was because at one point in my life I practiced Lucid dreaming.

I believe the sleep paralysis can be broken thru with a huge amount of conscious effort. I have broken thru the paralysis myself a few times.

My advice is to mentally focus on being conscious and in control of your body.

This is because I believe sleep paralysis is caused from a half conscious and half unconscious state. You simply must wake yourself up physically. I do that by attempting to move my body with extreme effort.

Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Some years ago, I had a similar experience and believed it was demonic. After waking I asked God for more power to deal with such situations. The very next day in church, an assistant pastor came up and gave me a word telling me that God wanted me to know that I already had the power. I did not share my experience with anyone, so I can attest that God takes such activities like this quite seriously. That word, combined with scriptures like Ps 4:8 "I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, Lord, only makest me dwell in safety." gave me confidence and faith that one can pray against such activity and gain victory. Somehow this was thrust on you, so gear up your armor and defenses, and be aware and address the spiritual forces around you. In the name of Jesus, we do have the authority. Still, don't be afraid to seek some help in prayer and deliverance if you think it is warranted.

Reactions: devin553344
Upvote 0

GospelS

A Daughter of Zion Seeking Her Father in Heaven!
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟453,665.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How come so many people have the same dream with just same experience and how come there is an assault with sexual harassment if it’s just a sleep activity? It’s not just a dream or some brain and mind activity, whatever you call it. It’s a spiritual attack by evil forces. There is an invisible realm around us where spiritual battles happen because bible says that our fight is against powers, the rulers of the darkness of this world, and spiritual wickedness in high places. This is more real than the physical world that we can see. Jesus rebuked the evil spirits and healed many people tormented by the evil spirits. In Matthew 17:21, Jesus said- However, this kind of evil goeth not out but by prayer and fasting. There is no other treatment for this. We should become stronger in spirit by immersing ourselves in the word of God and prayer.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ss51

Sep 12, 2015
✟67,330.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have had one for about 15 years, went to sleep on the way to the sleep study! At the study they woke me at midnight, my oxygen level dropped too far. After they put me on the machine I woke up at 5 A.M. with my mouth closed, and was having a dream, hadn't had one in years that I recalled.
After I got my machine, Respironics series M, it had a function that allowed it to stop and start based on whether I put my mask on or took it off, automatic. My Dr inquired how it was going, I told him of the times I stopped breathing long enough the machine stopped on it's own, his eyes got REALLY BIG! ha! Hasn't happened for a while.
If you want to have fun with your Dr., tell him that if you have such a feature on your machine.
blessings

Upvote 0

VictoriasImage77

Feb 19, 2007
MI
✟10,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This has happened to me three times..without the sexual feelings that you described. It was more like pure terror. Twice I've "seen" a large shadowy figure. I've had several more instances that did not involve the feeling of being held down..but more like awakened by negative energy. Each time was during a particularly stressful period in life..a few in college and once in the weeks leading up to my wedding. The first time it happened, my husband (then boyfriend) came up the stairs and into my room and the dark figure vanished and I was released. The other times I realized that I should pray..and the feeling immediately vanished.

Like others have said, it's sleep paralysis caused by disturbed REM cycle (you're body didn't properly "unparalyze" you even though you woke up). Relax, reduce stress, eat well, and get some decent sleep!

But trust me..I know how terrifying that is (and embarrassing..because people think you're crazy if you tell them the story).

Upvote 0

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Need advice,

Last week I was in an intense work-related training and one night I went to sleep and “before” falling asleep, on my back, I felt someone getting into bed with me (I was in a private dorm room) so I tried to react and see who it was and I couldn’t respond. I then felt something lay on top of me. A very heavy heavy weight on me. My mind panicked and I tried to push it off. But again, I couldn’t move. I truly believed like someone was going to assault me. Suddenly, I felt these extreme sexual emotions, almost to the point of ... . In my mind I was trying to react, get it off of me and I was trying to yell for help. But, I couldn’t respond. This may have lasted like a minute? Not sure?

I’m a life long chrisitan, I study, read, pray, go to a great bible church, know and believe in Christ’s vicarious work on the cross, etc. I’m educated, successful (work wise), no drugs, alcohol, etc. I’m older (58) so pretty much don’t even think about sexual things at all. Yes, the training had me exhausted, and not sleeping much. Honestly, I’m a physically strong person, but I felt ... violated. It made me both angry and scared.

What am I supposed to do with this? I’ve been praying a lot since then!! Any thoughts or advice? Was I “attacked” by a succubus?

A nightmare. I've had stuff like this. I've dreamt stuff like demons pressing on my chest and other dreams that also gave me sexual emotions. I have to admit that there where times where I thought that I was haunted which is why I was getting so much misfortunes and short comings. So like you, i've thought about the nightmare i experienced in the past.

I guess in time you just get over it and cash it into a random dream. Some legends/myths about are interesting to read though.

I do get sleep-paralysis some times, i hate them because they hurt. I fear that stuff.

Upvote 0

ChicanaRose

Mar 26, 2019
west coast
✟75,698.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Need advice,

It does sound like a demonic attack. Try anointing yourself and your bed with oil.

• Agree
Reactions: Mathetes66
Upvote 0

Berean Tim

Mar 19, 2017
Houston TX
✟146,931.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Need advice,

Try Chris White on YouTube he has a vid on Sleep Paralysis

Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,227,067.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
MOD HAT ON
Christian Advice Statement of Purpose
Christian advice is defined as advice which contains basic Christian principles that do not conflict with the site's Statement of Faith. We would ask that members direct their responses to the member who started the thread (LarryB500) and refrain from debating one another's theological beliefs and viewpoints. Do not use this forum to debate with other Christians as that is not the purpose of the Christian Advice forum. If members would like to discuss/debate specific Christian theological doctrines, they should do so in one of the Theology forums.

All advice should be given in the spirit of love and humility, extending grace and respect towards one another in an effort to encourage and uplift the member seeking advice. We would like this forum to remain a safe place where Christians can request advice from other Christians without fear of being attacked. With this in mind, posts that chastise or belittle another member will be deleted and the member may be banned from the thread. Posts that debate rather than advise will also be deleted and the member may be banned from the thread. If you are banned from a thread and would like to discuss the situation with an Administrator, please open a ticket in support.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Contenders Edge

Site Supporter
May 13, 2019
Hayfork
✟167,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Need advice,

The Bible does give strong indication that there are different types of demons holding various positions and carrying out different tasks, just as there are different kinds of angels in various positions performing different tasks, so I wouldn’t rule out the existence of what you might call a Succubus.

I see that in your profile that you are in a relationship (a girlfriend or fiancée I presume), so no problems there. You also said that you have been a life-long Christian and a devout one at that. That leaves me to presume that you have had no involvement whatsoever in the occult.

Then this is what I have to ask in order to determine what might have drawn this entity to you:

1. Has your training been taking place on a premises where there is heavy occult activity? You do not have to be a practitioner of the occult in order to be affected. Being around people who are heavily involved in the occult or in places heavily affected by demonic activity is enough to make one vulnerable to an attack.

2. Think about everything you did before this incident took place. Sometimes there are certain artifacts and objects that have been known to attract demonic attacks. Have you acquired any objects or artifacts that might have been associated with a pagan culture? The reason why I ask this is because some people, even devoted Christians have been known to do this unaware of the danger behind such artifacts until the demonic attacks began. Once they realized the connection, they immediately disposed of the artifacts and objects that were attracting the demons.

Sometimes even certain books that may seem benign can attract demonic activity. What kinds of books might you have acquired, if any, before this began, or even certain kinds of films?

In sharing a personal experience of mine, some years ago, my wife and I rented a television series at a video store, but shortly afterwards, I woke up in the night troubled in my spirit; as if I had some sort of a nightmare but couldn’t remember what the dream was. After bringing the matter before God, I sensed that the television series that we rented was behind the troubling experience and so, we took the DVD set back to the video store.

Sometime later, a woman who had been staying with us brought the series back into our home after we had told her not to and why, and fearing another demonic attack, my wife and I asked the Lord for a resolution to the matter. The issue was resolved when our roommate’s DVD player broke when she tried to watch the series. It was then made clear to her, that while no one could place their finger on it, there was a demonic connection to the television series in question.

She then took the series back and never brought it into our home since. After that, we did not experience any more demonic activity.

If the answer to the above questions are “no” in at least as far you know, then the only counsel I have is that you need to pray to God and ask for wisdom on the matter and fill your living quarters with as much as pertains to the Lord as you can. Make where you are residing as unattractive to the things of darkness as you can. Bring the matter before the Lord until you receive piece or until the Lord reveals what might have drawn this Succubus to you.

The person with whom you are in a relationship: Have you told her about this?

• Agree
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I can relate...
Something very similar happened to me 10 or so years ago. Except I woke from a seductive dream into the almost exact situation. In addition, I felt like I was being suffocated and found it very difficult to focus and form cognizant thoughts. After forcing myself to pray in the name of Jesus I broke free
. I was awake..

• Agree
Reactions: Hieronymus
Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,087,476.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I believe there are absolutely such things as demonic attacks, even on innocent people. As long as you can think, even if you can't move or speak, talk to the Savior. Don't waste your energy trying to do battle directly. Use Bible promises. Thank Him (the Lord "inhabits the praises of his people" and where He is the evil ones gotta go). Say things like "Thank you that you fight our battles for us, per your Word. Please fight this one for me, Lord... Thank You that I know that infinitely greater is Your Son Who is in me than he that is in the world, and than all those who serve Him."

Repeat as needed. Use more praise as comes to mind. The Bible tells us to praise far more than it tells us to pray.

My guess is that "they" will be back. More than once. But after awhile they give up if you lift up your shield of faith with praise to the Father and His Son.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Oct 18, 2004
N
✟17,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Believe me it's a spiritual attack.. this was my experience

I don't quite remember the details. Had a dream 3 years ago. I just remember there was a blonde hair girl about 7 or 8 years old. We were walking and all of the sudden it became dark and this creature or "demon" appeared and started attacking us. This demon was trying to take the girl away but i attacked back and felt the need to protect the girl. My dream ended. I woke up (completely aware!!) beside my bed there was a tall, dark figure standing...Just there starring at me. It didn't have a a face but it was just there facing towards me. I was terrified and looked at it. At that point I'm praying and calling out to Jesus. I was frozen, I couldnt move, talk or anything. Behind this figure.. there was another "dark figure" He was wearing a long trench coat type with a pointy hood. These beings didn't have a face. The dark figure was walking slowly towards behind the other figure. I was so terrified. I just closed my eyes and prayed out to Jesus. I hear one laughing. this creepy laugh. I tried to rebuked these "dark beings". I woke up completely out of that "state". After I woke up after that state.. I fell back into it. I couldn't move or talk. All of the sudden one of dark beings was behind my bedroom door and I hear him talking he says "I'm back" In this creepy laugh. I closed my eyes because I didn't want to see it. He continued to walk slowly towards me until I couldn't take it anymore I closed my eyes. I didn't want to see it. I felt it near my face. I prayed to god to help me. He let out this creepy laugh. After that I felt him near my ear and he let out this loud high pitched scream. It seemed very angry. I woke up.. when I mean woke up I was paralyzed anymore. this traumatized me for days...

Upvote 0

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Need advice,

I've had a similar experience where I could not see, but certainly sensed an evil presence that also got into bed with me. The only difference is this thing had no authority to touch me. I somehow knew that and knew it knew that too, and loathed me for it. So, it attacked me through my dreams and turned them into night terrors for 3 nights straight. To make a long story short, I had invited this presence unknowingly. I was going through a time of searching for God, but in all the wrong ways.

I'm not saying that you invited something. It could be that God was testing your faith. I say that because I have also had many dealings with this when I became fully God's child. Both my husband and I have been experienced spiritual warfare when God brought us together.
Have you asked God why this happened? I can only give my own experiences since God knows you better than anyone. Even yourself. Prayers and Peace be with you. :yellowheart:

Upvote 0