✟354,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Need advice,

Last week I was in an intense work-related training and one night I went to sleep and “before” falling asleep, on my back, I felt someone getting into bed with me (I was in a private dorm room) so I tried to react and see who it was and I couldn’t respond. I then felt something lay on top of me. A very heavy heavy weight on me. My mind panicked and I tried to push it off. But again, I couldn’t move. I truly believed like someone was going to assault me. Suddenly, I felt these extreme sexual emotions, almost to the point of ... . In my mind I was trying to react, get it off of me and I was trying to yell for help. But, I couldn’t respond. This may have lasted like a minute? Not sure?

I’m a life long chrisitan, I study, read, pray, go to a great bible church, know and believe in Christ’s vicarious work on the cross, etc. I’m educated, successful (work wise), no drugs, alcohol, etc. I’m older (58) so pretty much don’t even think about sexual things at all. Yes, the training had me exhausted, and not sleeping much. Honestly, I’m a physically strong person, but I felt ... violated. It made me both angry and scared.

What am I supposed to do with this? I’ve been praying a lot since then!! Any thoughts or advice? Was I “attacked” by a succubus?

Hi Larry,

Be thankful you are still alive, with no physical injuries, so that you may carry on the work God has given you to do.

Also, take precautions to insure that the place you sleep is secure and safe.

Blessings

Upvote 0

LarryB500

Jun 25, 2019
San diego
✟15,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think you had some bad pizza. Next time warm it up really good before you eat it. And especially while you are in a dorm, never order a pizza with mushrooms.

So jokes aside, I have heard of this. There are no "succubus" things. There are evil spirits and they do stuff like this.

I have heard about 3 very very similar stories to what you just related, people that are not crazy, not on acid, and are trust worthy. So I do believe it happened.

What do you do about it? Nothing. You just pray and ask for protection. That is it. There is nothing else to be done.

Did you happen to be in California, or south africa?

Hi! I reside in CA but was in GA when it happened. I agree ... pray and give it to the Lord.

Upvote 0

LarryB500

Jun 25, 2019
San diego
✟15,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi Larry,

Be thankful you are still alive, with no physical injuries, so that you may carry on the work God has given you to do.

Blessings
Thank you set
Hi Larry,

Blessings

Thank you setcc77, for your encouragement and good word!

Upvote 0

LarryB500

Jun 25, 2019
San diego
✟15,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Its your room.. tell it to leave in JESUS name. Read Psa 4 ... verse 8 says In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, Lord, make me dwell in safety. Greater is He that is in you then he thats in the world. God gave you ALL power over the enemy.

Blade. Thank you! I will do that indeed!

Upvote 0

LarryB500

Jun 25, 2019
San diego
✟15,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Oh yes! That was the giant wasp that flew in through my window! I am also not too keen on the large NZ wetas. These are like giant brown striped crickets with spikes on their back legs. They look more scary that what they are. Thank goodness I haven't had a dream about those yet!

weta.png

I'd get the screaming hee bee jeebies if I had to hold one of those in my hand!
Just imagine a giant one of those coming at you in a dream!
Wholly Mosley! That thing is huge and mean looking !

Upvote 0

Royals IS

May 20, 2017
Western Michigan
✟28,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have had the same experience when I was 14-18, but instead I was paralyzed while a dark hand came from underneath and held my hands down and I could not react in anyway. I had that happen on numerous occasions, I could see what was going on around me but not react. I have not had that happen in years.

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟777,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I frequently experience episodes of sleep paralysis. I've been told it happens when parts of REM sleep occur while you're awake. The experiences are not very pleasant but they will not harm you, and they normally pass fairly quickly.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Need advice,

Last week I was in an intense work-related training and one night I went to sleep and “before” falling asleep, on my back, I felt someone getting into bed with me (I was in a private dorm room) so I tried to react and see who it was and I couldn’t respond. I then felt something lay on top of me. A very heavy heavy weight on me. My mind panicked and I tried to push it off. But again, I couldn’t move. I truly believed like someone was going to assault me. Suddenly, I felt these extreme sexual emotions, almost to the point of ... . In my mind I was trying to react, get it off of me and I was trying to yell for help. But, I couldn’t respond. This may have lasted like a minute? Not sure?

I’m a life long chrisitan, I study, read, pray, go to a great bible church, know and believe in Christ’s vicarious work on the cross, etc. I’m educated, successful (work wise), no drugs, alcohol, etc. I’m older (58) so pretty much don’t even think about sexual things at all. Yes, the training had me exhausted, and not sleeping much. Honestly, I’m a physically strong person, but I felt ... violated. It made me both angry and scared.

What am I supposed to do with this? I’ve been praying a lot since then!! Any thoughts or advice? Was I “attacked” by a succubus?
If this happens.... Call out the name of Jesus. I have heard that this will end the episode immediately.

These are demonic entities, They must obey the command of Jesus... Speak Christ's name and rebuke them.

I hope that this is not a reoccurring event...

Does it happen in your own home or only when you were in that particular room?

• Agree
Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Sleep paralysis results from the overlap of the REM and waking stages of sleep. It has nothing to do with demon possession. Up to 50% of people experience sleep paralysis at some time.

• Agree
Reactions: Anthony2019
Upvote 0

YJM

MARRIED! 20th December 2013
Jan 4, 2018
Bangor
✟8,123.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Need advice,

Yes this was an evil spirit - check out some of Derek Prince's teachings on such matters.

Upvote 0

Joined2krist

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
✟427,078.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Thank you! You are so right in saying that. Pray, move on, don’t focus on it. Continue to keep my focus and studies in/on the Lord and His blessings in my life.. and on His truth!

If you put it behind you and move on with your life as if nothing happened, it will occur again. My advice is for you to rebuke it out loud, pray audibly against it for demons should be resisted. God bless

"Resist the devil and he will flee from you" (James 4:7)

Upvote 0

Andrew77

The walking accident
Site Supporter
Feb 11, 2018
Ohio
✟138,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Hi! I reside in CA but was in GA when it happened. I agree ... pray and give it to the Lord.

Most of the spirit encounters happen in locations that have strong occult ties. That's why I asked if you are were in CA at the time. GA seems like an outlier, but regardless it does happen.

• Informative
Reactions: ChicanaRose
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GospelS

A Daughter of Zion Seeking Her Father in Heaven!
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟453,365.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Need advice,

I suffered with intermittent sleep paralysis for almost 10 years. It was scary like hell. I used to fight that evil spirit and prayed every time it happened. One time i clearly remember seeing that devil and i said "Lord, if you are with me, surrounding me, and holding me in your palms and watching over me then how come this thing even dare come near me and do this to me. Why would you let it?" After that, it never happened again. :)

Upvote 0

Johan_1988

Jun 17, 2019
Durban
✟30,451.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Need advice,

I know about this kind of thing. It has happened to me before. It is an evil spirit that restrains you and tries to rape you. Making you feel rather violated when you wake up. It has since left me alone now. The devil is trying to scare you since you are seeking God faithfully, but I do believe God allows it to send a message or teach you something. That there is something you are not doing right and you need to work on it. Even in your sleep your spirit should be awake and able to rebuke the spirit in the name of Jesus Christ.

As a Christian it is not only about what you are doing , it is also about what are you not doing. Praying about this thing before you go to sleep is a good idea. Studying is good, but you should also seek the face of God on you knees and just talk to him and pour your heart out before him and as you do that he will reveal that thing to you that you need to do or repent of and complacency can also be a problem or maybe he is just trying to teach you something.It's not always that you're doing something wrong. Once you have given him all you burdens (1 Peter 5:7) and just leave it at that and continue with your life. I have been guilty of complacency even while seeking him earnestly and then in the middle of the night someone tries to break my bedroom door down. The intruder ran when I came out knife in hand(bad idea) and shouted(regrettably bad words) at him. Nothing was taken and I was safe, but the lesson of having faith and not to fear has benefited me greatly later on.

God bless you and may our Lord Jesus Christ give you peace.Amen.

Last edited:
Upvote 0