Tamaqua
✟13,275.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I know I posted in another thread about how I gave up watching all my favorite tv shows because I felt they all had some kind of sin in them, but now, I'm beginning to think there's sin in every show and wonder, if maybe I'm putting myself in a prison by restricting myself to nothing, but specifically Christian shows, Christian speakers, and the 700 Club or I wonder, if this is Satan making me think I'm putting myself in a prison just to try to get me to watch the shows I used to like again. So I was wondering, if I list the shows I like, could you guys let me know if you've ever heard of them and if so, do you think they're okay for me to watch, do you think they're bad and I shouldn't watch them, or do you think I can watch them, but just use discernment? Here are the shows I like: 90-Day Fiance, Dr. Phil, the Steve Wilkos Show, all the Gordon Ramsey shows, Worst Cooks in America, Judge Judy, any other kind of court show, ID crime shows like Deadly Women, Cops, Intervention, Wife Swap, Super Nanny, and Chopped. All advice is welcome. Thanks everyone in advance.

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟290,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I know I posted in another thread about how I gave up watching all my favorite tv shows because I felt they all had some kind of sin in them, but now, I'm beginning to think there's sin in every show and wonder, if maybe I'm putting myself in a prison by restricting myself to nothing, but specifically Christian shows, Christian speakers, and the 700 Club or I wonder, if this is Satan making me think I'm putting myself in a prison just to try to get me to watch the shows I used to like again. So I was wondering, if I list the shows I like, could you guys let me know if you've ever heard of them and if so, do you think they're okay for me to watch, do you think they're bad and I shouldn't watch them, or do you think I can watch them, but just use discernment? Here are the shows I like: 90-Day Fiance, Dr. Phil, the Steve Wilkos Show, all the Gordon Ramsey shows, Worst Cooks in America, Judge Judy, any other kind of court show, ID crime shows like Deadly Women, Cops, Intervention, Wife Swap, Super Nanny, and Chopped. All advice is welcome. Thanks everyone in advance.
I enjoyed some of the Gordon Ramsey where he goes in to save a failing restaurant; found those surprisingly inspirational and there was usually a little digging to get into "what happened that it got this way" along with some tough love, truth and encouragement about what was needed to turn it around (along with some actual help). Only watched a few but got more out of them than I was expecting, and I could usually apply something of what was shown as entertainment to a personal level for improvement.

Judge Judy can be pretty entertaining (and I personally don't find anything wrong with it); my wife and I recently re-watched an old series called the Practice (legal show) which was really good and covered a lot of the legal and personal dilemmas faced by defenders and prosecutors. I liked how it presented things from different angles (often deep ones) in many cases.

I had to look up the Steve Wilkos Show - that's the spin-off from Jerry Springer started by the security guard from the Springer show... I'd recommend giving that one a miss just due to guilt by association (I have never seen an episode of the spinoff however) ;) In general, try to stay away from shows and personalities that fall into the below category, would be my advice.

rather follow this where you can:

8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I don't like judge Judy, she's mean.

Upvote 0