✟47,754.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

It's not really complicated.

1Jn 3:4
Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law:
(FOR SIN IS THE TRANSGRESSION OF THE LAW)

Sin therefore would not be universal since every single person has not chosen to transgress God's law as Christ, infants and those with mental disabilities. And since sin is a choice, man is culpable for his choices, therefore one is not born with a sin nature that forces man to sin against his will making man a victim of sin.

Upvote 0

TheSeabass

Jul 9, 2015
✟47,754.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
View attachment 204164
‬‬

All-pervasive

In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. - 2 Corinthians 4:4

The LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intention of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. - Genesis 6:5

39 You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness about me,
40 yet you refuse to come to me that you may have life. - John 5:39-40

Irrational

Selling the birthright for a bowl of soup.

Plus, I think we can fill up pages to give evidence of this.

Deceitful

But exhort one another every day, as long as it is called "today," that none of you may be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin. - Hebrews 3:13

Claiming to be wise, they became fools, - Romans 1:22

Hardening

Also Hebrews 3:13

through the insincerity of liars whose consciences are seared, - 1 Timothy 4:2

Enslaving

Jesus answered them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who practices sin is a slave to sin. - John 8:34

so that, as sin reigned in death, grace also might reign through righteousness leading to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. - Romans 5:21

Debasing

But these, like irrational animals, creatures of instinct, born to be caught and destroyed, blaspheming about matters of which they are ignorant, will also be destroyed in their destruction, - 2 Peter 2:12

But these people blaspheme all that they do not understand, and they are destroyed by all that they, like unreasoning animals, understand instinctively. - Jude 1:10

Defiling

20 And he said, "What comes out of a person is what defiles him.
21 For from within, out of the heart of man, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery,
22 coveting, wickedness, deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride, foolishness.
23 All these evil things come from within, and they defile a person." - Mark 7:20-23

Did that which is good, then, bring death to me? By no means! It was sin, producing death in me through what is good, in order that sin might be shown to be sin, and through the commandment might become sinful beyond measure. - Romans 7:13
Sin is all these things but it still cannot cause the Christian to lose his salvation? If so, sin cannot be all that bad.

Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Abhor what is evil. Romans 12:9

That scripture tells us "Cleave to that which is good". I agree with you, I looked up the word Abhor in the dictionary, it's loath, disgust. That passage tells us to letting go of sin and hold on to good. Do we hold on to that which we loath or are disgusted with? The word cleave is used.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Are you going to respond to the passages I quoted about Enoch and the additional passages about Job or are you going to avoid them altogether?
The OP addresses it.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Sin is all these things but it still cannot cause the Christian to lose his salvation? If so, sin cannot be all that bad.
Not so. Christ is just that good.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
That scripture tells us "Cleave to that which is good". I agree with you, I looked up the word Abhor in the dictionary, it's loath, disgust. That passage tells us to letting go of sin and hold on to good. Do we hold on to that which we loath or are disgusted with? The word cleave is used.
You said hating sin was sin. I just wanted to let you know what scripture said.

Upvote 0

GingerBeer

Cool and refreshing with a kick!
Mar 26, 2017
Australia
✟119,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The OP addresses it.
I see. Do you often use one passage of scripture to nullify another as you have regarding Enoch and regarding Job of whom it is said (by Jehovah) that he is perfect and upright? While you quote a psalm to accuse Job of sin?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I see. Do you often use one passage of scripture to nullify another as you have regarding Enoch and regarding Job of whom it is said (by Jehovah) that he is perfect and upright? While you quote a psalm to accuse Job of sin?
I didn't use one passage. There were a bunch.

Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You said hating sin was sin. I just wanted to let you know what scripture said.

Thanks for that. If you examine the word hate, which I used, in the dictionary, it is associated with hostility and can lead to sin easily.

But the word Abhor, which that passage used, is loathing and disgust, which is not hate.

[edit] For instance: Abhor at the abortion clinic is holding signs and proclaiming disgust. But hate would be killing the people in the clinic.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for that. If you examine the word hate, which I used, in the dictionary, it is associated with hostility and can lead to sin easily.

But the word Abhor, which that passage used, is loathing and disgust, which is not hate.
Actually, loathing and hate are synonymous. But we digress. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Actually, loathing and hate are synonymous. But we digress. ;)

In both our defenses, Moses did kill 3000 slaves for their sin, and told God to repent of the evil he thought to do by killing them all. Which is a reference to some evil God was capable of, maybe it was hating sin ;)

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
You don't understand what I'm asking you. What would you consider acting on faith or I guess being saved through faith
I still don't understand the question.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I still don't understand the question.
Well on secound thought I could explain it this way... what do you believe the verse you quoted means. How would you present it to someone who let's say didn't understand the verse.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Well on secound thought I could explain it this way... what do you believe the verse you quoted means. How would you present it to someone who let's say didn't understand the verse.
That we are declared righteous by our faith in Christ.

Upvote 0

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That we are declared righteous by our faith in Christ.
If so you should look at NT salvation itself repentance, baptism, holy Spirt reception. Also look at the Greek words for believe and faith, for believe it's pisteou I believe which means to act on that belief... in fact there's even a bible verse where I believe pail it is addressed a group and says have you received the Holy Ghost since you believed to indicate this. Faith stems from the Greek word pistis which means to be reliable, dedicated and converted. You are justified by faith and faith itself involves action and a changed lifestyle. Because you have faith in God and his word you will repent, be baptized and get the Holy Ghost.

Upvote 0