Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Our society is not perfect here in the states, but we are a much more Godly people than the blood thirsty past, even the dark ages are gone for most of the civilized world, save for some people, which are a minority compared to those that obey the laws, and the constitutional rights of others. We don't murder, steal or commit adultery for the most part without going to jail or punished.
55 million aborted human beings since 1973 disagree.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your spirit is. Your flesh isn't.
My flesh is subject to the spirit
My flesh cannot rule me not the decisions I make Unless I allow it.
Jesus have given me back dominion .
This is why we are told to live after the spirit .for them we will not fulfill the evil desires of the flesh.
No one can do any outward sinful work of the flesh accidentally.
They either shun evil and obey the holy spirit.or they silence the holy spirit and obey the flesh.
All true believers born again of the spirit have the renewed freedom to make this choice Dailey
I have the full ability to do evil or do righteousness to sin or to not sin .
I have that ability to sin ..but I do not HAVE to ever again.
Jesus set me free.

Upvote 0

GingerBeer

Cool and refreshing with a kick!
Mar 26, 2017
Australia
✟119,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sin is...
Absolutely universal
Have you considered Enoch.
Enoch walked with God after the birth of Methu'selah three hundred years, and had other sons and daughters. Thus all the days of Enoch were three hundred and sixty-five years. Enoch walked with God; and he was not, for God took him.
Genesis 5:22-24
By faith Enoch was taken up so that he should not see death; and he was not found, because God had taken him. Now before he was taken he was attested as having pleased God.
Hebrews 11:5​
And Job had an excellent report from God.
There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and turned away from evil.
Job 1:1
And The LORD said to Satan, Have you considered my servant Job? for there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that fears God, and turns away from evil.
Job 1:8​
How does your theology account for these men who God was pleased with and spoke of as perfect and turning away from evil?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
My flesh is subject to the spirit
My flesh cannot rule me not the decisions I make Unless I allow it.
Jesus have given me back dominion .
This is why we are told to live after the spirit .for them we will not fulfill the evil desires of the flesh.
No one can do any outward sinful work of the flesh accidentally.
They either shun evil and obey the holy spirit.or they silence the holy spirit and obey the flesh.
All true believers born again of the spirit have the renewed freedom to make this choice Dailey
I have the full ability to do evil or do righteousness to sin or to not sin .
I have that ability to sin ..but I do not HAVE to ever again.
Jesus set me free.
You are much better than Paul, which is high praise indeed.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Have you considered Enoch.
Enoch walked with God after the birth of Methu'selah three hundred years, and had other sons and daughters. Thus all the days of Enoch were three hundred and sixty-five years. Enoch walked with God; and he was not, for God took him.
Genesis 5:22-24
By faith Enoch was taken up so that he should not see death; and he was not found, because God had taken him. Now before he was taken he was attested as having pleased God.
Hebrews 11:5​
And Job had an excellent report from God.
There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and turned away from evil.
Job 1:1
And The LORD said to Satan, Have you considered my servant Job? for there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that fears God, and turns away from evil.
Job 1:8​
How does your theology account for these men who God was pleased with and spoke of as perfect and turning away from evil?
My theology? Did you see the scripture that was posted?

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Your spirit is. Your flesh isn't.

True the Christian is still in the BODY, but the body is not "The Flesh" it is not the body which sins it is the Flesh, the inner man...Therefore.

Rom. 8:3
For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, (CONDEMNED SIN IN THE FLESH):

Gal. 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and (THE LIFE WHICH I NOW LIVE IN THE FLESH I LIVE BY THE FAITH OF THE SON OF GOD), who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Rom. 6:10,11
10) (FOR IN THAT HE DIED, HE DIED UNTO SIN ONCE): but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
11) (LIKEWISE RECKON YE YOURSELVES DEAD INDEED UNTO SIN), but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Rom. 7:4
Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become (DEAD TO THE LAW) by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

Rom. 6:2
God forbid. How shall we, that are (DEAD TO SIN), live any longer therein?

Rom. 8:10
And if Christ be in you, (THE BODY IS DEAD) because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

Gal. 5:24
And they that are Christ's have (CRUCIFIED THE FLESH) with the affections and lusts.

So you see, the Christian is.
1) Dead to the Law
2) Dead to Sin
3) Dead to the Flesh

It's always a good thing to know exactly where you stand "IN CHRIST" that way you cannot be deceived.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are much better than Paul, which is high praise indeed.
Your trying to use the old Paul chief of sinners line huh.
But he both states what those sins were, past tense and in numerous places that he (and no true disciple ) still walks in the practice of them.

Do you not believe Jesus triumphed in what he was sent to do ?
Or That he is victorious, having accomplished All that God sent him to do.
He has set us free from the power of sin ...
The choice is yours .he has fully made repentance available to us

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Your trying to use the old Paul chief of sinners line huh.
But he both states what those sins were, past tense and in numerous places that he (and no true disciple ) still walks in the practice of them.

Do you not believe Jesus triumphed in what he was sent to do ?
Or That he is victorious, having accomplished All that God sent him to do.
He has set us free from the power of sin ...
The choice is yours .he has fully made repentance available to us
This response says it all.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
IMG_0473.PNG

Reactions: jimmyjimmy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I give the women the right to choose whether or not they're going to abort due to rape, age, fitness of parenting, etc. And I agree it is sad, that's a really large number. Like they're not taking it serious enough. I agree that number is just too many.

And yes there is evil done, but I think we can focus on the good, instead of pointing the finger at everyone. I had a loved relative that was negative about everything. And everybody knew it, and behind her back bad things were said. It was sad, that she saw so much negativity. It must have been a depressing place for her, planet earth. :( Maybe she made it more depressing than it had to be.
This isn't a thread about feelings.

Upvote 0

Aseyesee

Apr 18, 2017
Norfolk, Virginia
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
[QUOTE="Hammster, post: 71613882, member:
Irrational
Selling the birthright for a bowl of soup.[/QUOTE]

As was the buying of it, yet the rational of Caphias was similar ... as what his words had meant to him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
This isn't a thread about feelings.

Sorry, I edited my post to avoid an argument against my character. Which I could definitely see coming.

BTW, sin can be feelings, like lusting after a woman when you are married to another. I think the serpent works thru feelings.

Matthew: {5:27} Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: {5:28} But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

The Bible is full of messages about how your heart leads to righteousness or sin. All you have to do is search "heart" in the bible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, I edited my post to avoid an argument against my character. Which I could definitely see coming.

BTW, sin can be feelings, like lusting after a woman when you are married to another. I think the serpent works thru feelings.

Matthew: {5:27} Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: {5:28} But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

The Bible is full of messages about how your heart leads to righteousness or sin. All you have to do is search "heart" in the bible.
What I meant was that this thread isn't about feelings towards sin.

Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
What I meant was that this thread isn't about feelings towards sin.

Feelings about sin can be sin itself. Look at terrorists who kill for Ala, Or the crusades in the dark ages. Killing sinners because they hate their sin.

I think if we embrace the darkness of hating sin, it can be sin to us. That's why longsuffering is one of the fruits of the Holy Spirit of God. if we embrace hate, that is sin which leads to actions of sin. A heart full of hate cannot be a good thing, even if the hate is directed towards evil.

I know that's probably not a popular view, but it's the truth.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Feelings about sin can be sin itself. Look at terrorists who kill for Ala, Or the crusades in the dark ages. Killing sinners because they hate their sin.

I think if we embrace the darkness of hating sin, it can be sin to us. That's why longsuffering is one of the fruits of the Holy Spirit of God. if we embrace hate, that is sin which leads to actions of sin. A heart full of hate cannot be a good thing, even if the hate is directed towards evil.

I know that's probably not a popular view, but it's the truth.
Abhor what is evil. Romans 12:9

Upvote 0

GingerBeer

Cool and refreshing with a kick!
Mar 26, 2017
Australia
✟119,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My theology? Did you see the scripture that was posted?
Are you going to respond to the passages I quoted about Enoch and the additional passages about Job or are you going to avoid them altogether?

Upvote 0