✟1,728,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Absolutely universal

“as it is written, "THERE IS NONE RIGHTEOUS, NOT EVEN ONE; THERE IS NONE WHO UNDERSTANDS, THERE IS NONE WHO SEEKS FOR GOD; ALL HAVE TURNED ASIDE, TOGETHER THEY HAVE BECOME USELESS; THERE IS NONE WHO DOES GOOD, THERE IS NOT EVEN ONE." "THEIR THROAT IS AN OPEN GRAVE, WITH THEIR TONGUES THEY KEEP DECEIVING," "THE POISON OF ASPS IS UNDER THEIR LIPS "; "WHOSE MOUTH IS FULL OF CURSING AND BITTERNESS "; "THEIR FEET ARE SWIFT TO SHED BLOOD, DESTRUCTION AND MISERY ARE IN THEIR PATHS, AND THE PATH OF PEACE THEY HAVE NOT KNOWN." "THERE IS NO FEAR OF GOD BEFORE THEIR EYES."”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭3:10-18‬ ‭NASB‬‬

All-pervasive

In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. - 2 Corinthians 4:4

The LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intention of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. - Genesis 6:5

39 You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness about me,
40 yet you refuse to come to me that you may have life. - John 5:39-40

Irrational

Selling the birthright for a bowl of soup.

Plus, I think we can fill up pages to give evidence of this.

Deceitful

But exhort one another every day, as long as it is called "today," that none of you may be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin. - Hebrews 3:13

Claiming to be wise, they became fools, - Romans 1:22

Hardening

Also Hebrews 3:13

through the insincerity of liars whose consciences are seared, - 1 Timothy 4:2

Enslaving

Jesus answered them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who practices sin is a slave to sin. - John 8:34

so that, as sin reigned in death, grace also might reign through righteousness leading to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. - Romans 5:21

Debasing

But these, like irrational animals, creatures of instinct, born to be caught and destroyed, blaspheming about matters of which they are ignorant, will also be destroyed in their destruction, - 2 Peter 2:12

But these people blaspheme all that they do not understand, and they are destroyed by all that they, like unreasoning animals, understand instinctively. - Jude 1:10

Defiling

20 And he said, "What comes out of a person is what defiles him.
21 For from within, out of the heart of man, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery,
22 coveting, wickedness, deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride, foolishness.
23 All these evil things come from within, and they defile a person." - Mark 7:20-23

Did that which is good, then, bring death to me? By no means! It was sin, producing death in me through what is good, in order that sin might be shown to be sin, and through the commandment might become sinful beyond measure. - Romans 7:13

OrthodoxyUSA

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2004
Tupelo, MS
Visit site
✟142,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sin is... in it's simplest terms... to miss the mark of perfection.
As if aiming an arrow at a target.

Forgive me...

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Sin is... in it's simplest terms... to miss the mark of perfection.
As if aiming an arrow at a target.

Forgive me...
At its minimum, yes.

Upvote 0

Pilgrim

Praying without ceasing
Mar 26, 2017
between the pages of the Bible.
Visit site
✟192,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
...to miss the mark.

The standard of perfection established by God and evidenced by Jesus. Viewed in that light, it is clear that we are all sinners.

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,147.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Absolutely universal

“as it is written, "THERE IS NONE RIGHTEOUS, NOT EVEN ONE; THERE IS NONE WHO UNDERSTANDS, THERE IS NONE WHO SEEKS FOR GOD; ALL HAVE TURNED ASIDE, TOGETHER THEY HAVE BECOME USELESS; THERE IS NONE WHO DOES GOOD, THERE IS NOT EVEN ONE." "THEIR THROAT IS AN OPEN GRAVE, WITH THEIR TONGUES THEY KEEP DECEIVING," "THE POISON OF ASPS IS UNDER THEIR LIPS "; "WHOSE MOUTH IS FULL OF CURSING AND BITTERNESS "; "THEIR FEET ARE SWIFT TO SHED BLOOD, DESTRUCTION AND MISERY ARE IN THEIR PATHS, AND THE PATH OF PEACE THEY HAVE NOT KNOWN." "THERE IS NO FEAR OF GOD BEFORE THEIR EYES."”

All-pervasive

In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. - 2 Corinthians 4:4

The LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intention of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. - Genesis 6:5

39 You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness about me,

Irrational

Deceitful

But exhort one another every day, as long as it is called "today," that none of you may be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin. - Hebrews 3:13

Hardening

Enslaving

Jesus answered them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who practices sin is a slave to sin. - John 8:34

so that, as sin reigned in death, grace also might reign through righteousness leading to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. - Romans 5:21

Debasing

But these, like irrational animals, creatures of instinct, born to be caught and destroyed, blaspheming about matters of which they are ignorant, will also be destroyed in their destruction, - 2 Peter 2:12

But these people blaspheme all that they do not understand, and they are destroyed by all that they, like unreasoning animals, understand instinctively. - Jude 1:10

Defiling

21 For from within, out of the heart of man, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery,
23 All these evil things come from within, and they defile a person." - Mark 7:20-23

Did that which is good, then, bring death to me? By no means! It was sin, producing death in me through what is good, in order that sin might be shown to be sin, and through the commandment might become sinful beyond measure. - Romans 7:13
Whoredom and wine and new wine take away the heart. - Hosea 4:11

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,929,187.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Korean-American Christian

raised Presbyterian. member of the Nazarene Church
Feb 21, 2017
USA
✟17,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Enslaving

Sin is rebellion against God our Creator.

Sin is a refusal to be in relationship with God.

The penalty for our rebellion against God is eternal separation from God.

Eternal separation from God = Eternal existence in Hell

0A Jesus.jpg

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Absolutely universal

All-pervasive

Irrational

Deceitful

Hardening

Enslaving

Debasing

Defiling

It's not really complicated.

1Jn 3:4
Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law:
(FOR SIN IS THE TRANSGRESSION OF THE LAW)

Rom. 4:15
Because the law worketh wrath:
(FOR WHERE NO LAW IS, THERE IS NO TRANSGRESSION)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Fortunately we are not in the situation of Genesis 6 where all of humankind but one family is purely evil without even any love. (Reference -- Genesis chapter 6, verses 5 through 11)

If we were in that situation, He would destroy all the land --

For example -- "He will turn the hearts of the parents to their children, and the hearts of the children to their parents; or else I will come and strike the land with total destruction." -- Malachi 4:6

That's gone, changed. Thanks be to God!

We now have a much more mixed situation, with both good and evil about us, and not only evil alone.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Fortunately we are not in the situation of Genesis 6 where all of humankind but one family is purely evil without even any love. (Reference -- Genesis chapter 6, verses 5 through 11)

For example -- "He will turn the hearts of the parents to their children, and the hearts of the children to their parents; or else I will come and strike the land with total destruction." -- Malachi 4:6

We now have a much more mixed situation, with both good and evil about us, and not only evil alone.
Are you saying that people are better now than in the OT?

Reactions: OrthodoxyUSA
Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Absolutely universal

All-pervasive

Irrational

Deceitful

Hardening

Enslaving

Debasing

Defiling

That paints a very accurate and gloomy picture of the state of mankind.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

Rom. 5:13
(For until the law sin was in the world:
(BUT SIN IS NOT IMPUTED WHEN THERE IS NO LAW)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

By the redeeming quality of Christ, through the Spirit, we are able to bear fruit -- John chapter 15, verses 1 through 17 -- and that's not at all like the situation in Genesis chapter 6, as you see in verse 5 and verse 11 (of Gen 6). So, in that sense, by His power, there is more good now, so now the situation is more mixed. Without Christ, we could descend back into Genesis 6 though....

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,929,187.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Rom. 5:13
(For until the law sin was in the world:
(BUT SIN IS NOT IMPUTED WHEN THERE IS NO LAW)
Romans 5
14* Nevertheless death reigned from Adam until Moses, even over those who had not sinned in the likeness of the offense of Adam.

*(hey, if we keep this up, we'll work the entire passage in here before long ^_^)
(

• Agree
Reactions: jimmyjimmy
Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

People in general, the world, no not at all, mankind is now as it has always been.

Outside of Christianity the world lives in Gen. 6 none Righteous no not one.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Romans 5
14* Nevertheless death reigned from Adam until Moses, even over those who had not sinned in the likeness of the offense of Adam.

*(hey, if we keep this up, we'll work the entire passage in here before long ^_^)
(

Rom. 8:3
For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh,
God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh,
(AND FOR SIN),
(CONDEMNED SIN IN THE FLESH)

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Sin is: A broken relationship. (before it is a broken law) It's a violation of love and trust.

It is without a doubt a breaking of law, but that description lacks the personal nature of sin. Sinners are unfaithful spouses, ungrateful children, and unprofitable servants.

Last edited:
Upvote 0