Should Messianic Jews support Jerusalem Third Temple?

Should Messianic Jews and Messianic Gentile support Jerusalem Third Temple?

• Yes..... we must believe in every word of Ezekiel 40 - 48.

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • No... Messiah Yeshua - Jesus is our sacrifice.

Votes: 17 58.6%
  • I am not certain about this yet... I will research this further.

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Yes.. but the timing must be perfect and both 2030 and 2070 could be the year?

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In Acts 21, we see a Christian making a new vow, AFTER he had become a Christian, and Paul is going with him to help him with the sacrifice.
This was the post

This is what I responded to

Last edited:
Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are we talking about figurative spiritual Jews, or are we talking about real Jews?
We're talking about those who are ONE in CHRIST

The PROMISE to Abraham was that he would be the father of many nations

Was it really Abraham's seed that GOD was pointing to from the beginning?

The promise to Abraham was before Abraham had done any of the workings of the law

Showing that the promise is based on GOD's call alone

A Jew is not a Jew if he is only one outwardly

We are talking about a JEW and GOD's WORD always pointed to higher and hidden SPIRITUAL TRUTHS

And not all of Israel are of ISRAEL

SPIRITUAL ISRAEL is not the same as earthly Israel

And a SPIRITUAL JEW IS A REAL JEW

• Agree
Reactions: Joshua_5
Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes. But unless I am misrepresenting the poster these came into the temple after their hair was shaved meaning they were coming to be purified

They had finished their vow

I thought the poster was implying that they were making a vow
Correct. The poster was wrong about making a vow, especially about making a "new vow". They made a vow some unknown time prior to shaving.

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Correct. The poster was wrong about making a vow, especially about making a "new vow". They made a vow some unknown time prior to shaving.
I am amazed by this but I believe Paul shouldn't have taken this liberty and GOD stopped it

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
According to Acts 21, Paul thankfully didn't get to make that offering

Instead he was arrested

Acts 21:27
When the seven days (of this vow) were nearly completed
Paul was not making the offering anyway since he did not take the vow. He was only helping the others pay for the animals to be offered.

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Paul used the vow to validate himself before his Jewish brethren that he was following the law of Moses when he really wasn't and shouldn't have been since CHRIST fulfilled all these lower shadows which were ever and always pointing us to the HIGHER HIDDEN SPIRITUAL REALITIES found in CHRIST

It wasn't for him to allow this for the Jews at all

And before the seven days which were vowed, he was arrested

The sacrifices for these four men completing their vows was never made

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I am amazed by this but I believe Paul shouldn't have taken this liberty and GOD stopped it
Had he not done as James requested, the false accusations against him would have been thought true.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Had he not done as James requested, the false accusations against him would have been thought true.
He was forgiven. It doesn't matter what happened. It was as GOD planned so that nothing will be hidden from those to whom
HIS WORD will come

Paul died but he saw the LORD by him so even in this he was forgiven and GOD used Paul for good

I do not believe anyone should be reinstating animal sacrifice
And in fact in doing so this already attests to the awareness of guilt and sin

Yet one hesitates to come to THE LORD

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Paul used the vow to validate himself before his Jewish brethren that he was following the law of Moses when he really wasn't and shouldn't have been since CHRIST fulfilled all these lower shadows which were ever and always pointing us to the HIGHER HIDDEN SPIRITUAL REALITIES found in CHRIST

It wasn't for him to allow this for the Jews at all

And before the seven days which were vowed, he was arrested

The sacrifices for these four men completing their vows was never made
We are not told the sacrifices were never made. That is an assumption. Those men were obligated to fulfill their vow. It did not matter that Yeshua fulfilled all sacrificial shadows. The vow was most likely entered into under the Sinai Covenant and needed to be completed as per YHWH's commands.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are not told the sacrifices were never made. That is an assumption. Those men were obligated to fulfill their vow. It did not matter that Yeshua fulfilled all sacrificial shadows. The vow was most likely entered into under the Sinai Covenant and needed to be completed as per YHWH's commands.
You're right

I don't know
But I do know that no one can come up to the altar uncovered
And I know that the vestments of a high priest before GOD and the blood of animals was not what GOD had been pointing to

Further Haggai 2 is completely ignored !

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
My original view was that the four believers may have sacrificed in order to fulfill a vow they entered into BEFORE receiving Yeshua as Savior in which case the sacrifice was obligatory. You countered by telling me Acts 21 refers to A/one Christian making a NEW vow AFTER becoming a Christian. It says no such thing about a new vow after becoming a Christian. Nor does it refer to only one Christian. Nor were the believers called "Christians" in that passage. They are simply called "men", no doubt from the thousands of "Jews" that "believe" and keep Torah.
My MAIN point is simply THEY SACRIFICED.

Minor points are: You don't know that they didn't take Nazarite vows after becoming Christians. You are completely inserting that into the text. If they were zealous for Torah, they would have continued to take Nazarite vows.

That they are not yet called Christians is an irrelevant point. They are of the Christ following movement of which the followers came to be called Christians.

You do agree that they were Jews that believed in Yeshua do you not?

Upvote 0