south dakota
✟8,122.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I believe the second and third trumpets describe two literal asteroid impacts. The first asteroid impacts one of the Earth's oceans, and the second asteroid impacts one of Earth's continents. (In Revelation 10, Jesus is seen standing with one foot on the ocean and one foot on the land. His stance indicates His authority over both of these areas.) If a literal reading of these two trumpets is the right reading, then we should expect "the cause" and "the outcome" to be harmoniously described in Revelation. And it is.

Science not only confirms the possibility that Earth will be impacted by asteroids again, but a number of geological studies and simulation test models have produced results that are fully harmonious with everything that Revelation says. The cause and effect are accurately described in this prophecy. There is no need to obscure the two trumpets with claims of historical fulfillment when in fact, the historicists cannot even agree on what fulfilled these events.

Jesus adds in Luke 21:25 saying, "There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." If the signs in the sun, moon, stars and sea that Jesus mentioned are a literal description of end-time events, then why shouldn't the sea in the second trumpet be literal? You can be sure that if a great asteroid did impact one of the oceans, nations would be lief in anguish resulting from the devastation caused by the"roaring and tossing of the sea." On the other hand, if the intended meaning of the second trumpet is hidden in symbolism, then the meaning becomes elusive, and endlessly debatable, because relevant Scripture to clearly define these symbols seems to be lacking. The historicist interpretation robs these passages of Scripture of their simplicity, power and end-time purpose.

YSIC,
MidnightCry

O

OntheDL

Congregational Forum Restrictions

Do not teach or debate in any Congregational Forum unless you are truly a member and share its core beliefs and teachings. Questions and fellowship are allowed, proselytizing is not.

I'm going to ask you to respect our forum specific rules on our core beliefs. You can ask questions on what we believe, but do not teach, proselytize a different belief.

Upvote 0

MidnightCry

Mar 23, 2006
south dakota
✟8,122.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I'm going to ask you to respect our forum specific rules on our core beliefs. You can ask questions on what we believe, but do not teach, proselytize a different belief.

I am not teaching a new belief. What forum specific rule on core beliefs am in violating? I though this was a discussion board. I am trying to discuss the seven trumpets.

Upvote 0

stinsonmarri

Dec 3, 2010
I am currently in Greenville Georgia
✟16,090.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I am not teaching a new belief. What forum specific rule on core beliefs am in violating? I though this was a discussion board. I am trying to discuss the seven trumpets.

Too all:

I wrote about this subject on two other sites. The beast and the Two witnesses site. Read what I wrote and the comment back!

Happy Sabbath
Stinsonmarri

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics