East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Any strategies for slicing hard vegetables like butternut squash? Would an electric knife do the job? If so, which one? Or baking it whole until it's soft enough to slice and scope out the seeds then season? Or ?
slice the skin only all the way round and then slice on the cut mark. problem solved.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Good morning, Senior Eagles.
---
6:05 am
East Coast, US
---
Having my first cup of coffee..
Hi Pioneer,
Good morning, I am on my 3rd coffee ☕
12.10pm in the UK
damp and cool this morning.
time for some lunch.

Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
Hi Senior Eagles, for me it's late. Past 4 a.m. so I need to be getting to bed.

I've not been on here so much recently - had a few domestic issues: the washing machine caused a flood and my back has been bad. Realised the mattress was 15 years old so went out, after some research, and bought a new one. It's being delivered on Monday. There's a lot of choice but it makes buying things much more complicated than it used to be! :scratch:

• Prayers
Reactions: Rescued One
Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Hi Senior Eagles, for me it's late. Past 4 a.m. so I need to be getting to bed.

I've not been on here so much recently - had a few domestic issues: the washing machine caused a flood and my back has been bad. Realised the mattress was 15 years old so went out, after some research, and bought a new one. It's being delivered on Monday. There's a lot of choice but it makes buying things much more complicated than it used to be! :scratch:
I'm sorry and am praying for you.

I searched for lyrics to a song and found it on you tube and posted it to another thread. Listening to it I imagined I was in heaven. I want to share it with you and Musical Pilgrim. I have to tell you both that I don't sing or play any instrument. I imagine God giving me beautiful voice in heaven. This video brings tears to my eyes because it's so inspirational!

Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
I'm sorry and am praying for you.

I searched for lyrics to a song and found it on you tube and posted it to another thread. Listening to it I imagined I was in heaven. I want to share it with you and Musical Pilgrim. I have to tell you both that I don't sing or play any instrument. I imagine God giving me beautiful voice in heaven. This video brings tears to my eyes because it's so inspirational!

Thank you so much Rescued One. The song is beautiful. I think God will give everyone good singing voices in Heaven. I find it difficult to sing with other females because I can't reach all the notes. Alternatively I could never pitch myself with my husband who was a tenor, nor with a male friend. I thought I couldn't sing in tune until I found out that I was an alto. So I just need other altos around me to sing with!

Thank you for your prayers too. :) The washing machine issue was solved fairly quickly but my back is a nuisance because I need to get the cleaning done and clear our under the bed ready for the mattress delivery on Monday.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Thank you so much Rescued One. The song is beautiful. I think God will give everyone good singing voices in Heaven. I find it difficult to sing with other females because I can't reach all the notes. Alternatively I could never pitch myself with my husband who was a tenor, nor with a male friend. I thought I couldn't sing in tune until I found out that I was an alto. So I just need other altos around me to sing with!

Thank you for your prayers too. :) The washing machine issue was solved fairly quickly but my back is a nuisance because I need to get the cleaning done and clear our under the bed ready for the mattress delivery on Monday.
I have spinal stenosis but I avoid foods that cause inflammation and take Krill oil. I still can't stand for long periods of time.

I'm glad the washing machine is running.

Reactions: rebornfree
Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
I have spinal stenosis but I avoid foods that cause inflammation and take Krill oil. I still can't stand for long periods of time.

I'm glad the washing machine is running.
I'm sorry to hear about your spinal stenosis Rescued One. Does avoiding the foods work?

Thank you and mnorian for praying. I have managed to do some cleaning and shopping today so I thank God for that.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Avoiding the foods and taking Krill oil for joint health helps my spinal stenosis and my bad knee. I had surgery on my knee but it did occasionally bother me after the surgery. Now it hasn't bothered me in years. I still can't stand for long periods of time because of my back.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
---
6:21 am
East Coast, US
---
Having my second cup of coffee..
I have made my way through a pot full today. Beautiful.

Upvote 0

godisagardener

Romans 10:6-9, Ephesians 2:8-10
Jul 7, 2022
Texas
✟62,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
---
6:21 am
East Coast, US
---
Having my second cup of coffee..
What coffee do you drink? Do you have a favorite?

I ordered a 2-pound bag of Cameron's coffee several weeks ago, a flavor called Highlander Grog. It has a flavor of butterscotch, caramel, vanilla and rum. I think it's the best coffee I've ever tasted, with a drop of liquid chocolate creamer and a little milk added it's marvelous. I usually mix three parts flavored ground and one part regular ground to extend the life of the flavored bag. ;)

I drink a pot (of any coffee) most mornings.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I stopped drinking coffee and now I drink unsweetened black tea usually chilled..
I have heard that coffee is very good for you. 2 or 3 cups a day

Upvote 0

godisagardener

Jul 7, 2022
Texas
✟62,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
They seem to change it every other week, from it's not good for you to it's good for you to it's bad for you. I stick with it being good for you. My husband though has gone from fresh brewed to instant decaf with a lot of milk. He's blaming the regular coffee for some reflux. I blame his reflux on all the hot sauce he uses on his food. ;)

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
My mother lived to age 93. She drank coffee all day. I can't drink it anymore for health reasons.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
They seem to change it every other week, from it's not good for you to it's good for you to it's bad for you. I stick with it being good for you. My husband though has gone from fresh brewed to instant decaf with a lot of milk. He's blaming the regular coffee for some reflux. I blame his reflux on all the hot sauce he uses on his food. ;)
Oh, I had acid reflux so bad! Now I avoid Mexican food and coffee.

Upvote 0

godisagardener

Jul 7, 2022
Texas
✟62,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
My mother lived to age 93. She drank coffee all day. I can't drink it anymore for health reasons.
Oh, I had acid reflux so bad! Now I avoid Mexican food and coffee.

My mother turns 93 next month. She brews a tiny pot of decaf coffee each morning, one of those two cup pots I think. It's pretty weak and she adds creamer. She has had acid reflux for years, takes a med for it, but it has gotten worse over the past several years. She has to get up during the night to spit up. Lots of things she's not supposed to eat, and being a great cook and baker that makes it hard! ;)

Upvote 0