East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
They seem to change it every other week, from it's not good for you to it's good for you to it's bad for you. I stick with it being good for you. My husband though has gone from fresh brewed to instant decaf with a lot of milk. He's blaming the regular coffee for some reflux. I blame his reflux on all the hot sauce he uses on his food. ;)
half a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda in cold water, sipped as required will keep reflux at bay. It is so effective and I can enjoy my coffee ☕️ .

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
My mother turns 93 next month. She brews a tiny pot of decaf coffee each morning, one of those two cup pots I think. It's pretty weak and she adds creamer. She has had acid reflux for years, takes a med for it, but it has gotten worse over the past several years. She has to get up during the night to spit up. Lots of things she's not supposed to eat, and being a great cook and baker that makes it hard! ;)
Do try bicarbonate of soda, it is safe and 100% effective. No other medications required.

godisagardener

Romans 10:6-9, Ephesians 2:8-10
Jul 7, 2022
Texas
✟62,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I bought a package of green tea with elderberry that I plan to try this evening. The box says it has added vitamin C. I like my tea steaming hot, so it warms me down to my toes. :) This will be a good evening for it.

Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I bought a package of green tea with elderberry that I plan to try this evening. The box says it has added vitamin C. I like my tea steaming hot, so it warms me down to my toes. :) This will be a good evening for it.
When I drank coffee I actually enjoyed it chilled or otherwise.

I take multivitamins. I don't recall having had a cold or the flu in years and never get flu shots. But I seldom go away from my yard in winter except for family Christmases and birthdays. They live in another town and provide transportation on those occasions.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I like green tea but haven't had any in a very long time.

Today I made a floral stamped card and applied gold embossing powder on every outline. My great-granddaughter will be able to color it with colored pencils. ! wrapped a gift of Martha Stewart's stickers for one of her sisters; they are a set of the cutest gnomes! The other 2 siblings have birthdays this month. I buy everything (all supplies and gifts online.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

godisagardener

Jul 7, 2022
Texas
✟62,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
During a causal conversation,, someone stated I'm a practicing Christian.

My sense of humor can be different and thought this was a little funny. But didn't laugh.
;) I see the humor!

Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

godisagardener

Jul 7, 2022
Texas
✟62,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I got a haircut this afternoon. Feels so good!

Then stopped at WM's garden area and picked up two big bags of bird seed, some bulb plants they had marked down to .68 cents and a star jasmine. I used to have Carolina jasmine, I assume it's about the same thing. Didn't go into the main store, too crowded at that time of day. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

godisagardener

Jul 7, 2022
Texas
✟62,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Sweet Autumn Clematis is as close as we can get to star jasmine this far north.

I looked that one up online too. ;) The picture was very pretty, a close-up that made it resemble honeysuckle. The nursery site said it's good to grow here but I don't think I've seen it at local nurseries.

It's been too cold to plant the jasmine as yet, might freeze tonight. Hopefully will get it in the ground this week, maybe Wednesday (when it's supposed to be 80!) And I have a few okra plants to set out. Wish the weather would sort itself out.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I looked that one up online too. ;) The picture was very pretty, a close-up that made it resemble honeysuckle. The nursery site said it's good to grow here but I don't think I've seen it at local nurseries.

It's been too cold to plant the jasmine as yet, might freeze tonight. Hopefully will get it in the ground this week, maybe Wednesday (when it's supposed to be 80!) And I have a few okra plants to set out. Wish the weather would sort itself out.
The jasmines are actually prettier! I like clematis, but the ones with larger flowers are nicer and I don't recall any fragrant ones. There are many colors.

It's quite cold here (below freezing). We wait for Mother's Day.

Upvote 0