Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Republican Arizona state senator says US will 'look like South American countries' soon

Republican Arizona state Sen. Sylvia Allen believes the U.S. will soon "look like South American countries" because immigrants entering the U.S. and low birth rates among white people are contributing to a lack of cultural assimilation.

Speaking at a Republican Party event in Phoenixon July 15, Allen, of Snowflake, a city in Navajo County, said immigrants were inundating the U.S. — so much so that they can't learn "the principles of our country."

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟821,456.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Republican Arizona state senator says US will 'look like South American countries' soon

Republican Arizona state Sen. Sylvia Allen believes the U.S. will soon "look like South American countries" because immigrants entering the U.S. and low birth rates among white people are contributing to a lack of cultural assimilation.

Speaking at a Republican Party event in Phoenixon July 15, Allen, of Snowflake, a city in Navajo County, said immigrants were inundating the U.S. — so much so that they can't learn "the principles of our country."
She is certainly entitled to her own opinion.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
She is certainly entitled to her own opinion.

Well, from my looking around in San Diego County where we live and in Tuscaloosa County Alabama were my brother and family live, I would say she is spot right on.

Both have taken a (radical change)
in the last 15 to 20 years.

What will the next 10 look like?

South America maybe?

M-Bob

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟821,456.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Well, from my looking around in San Diego County where we live and in Tuscaloosa County Alabama were my brother and family live, I would say she is spot right on.

Both have taking a radical change in the last 10 years.

What will the next 10 look like?

M-Bob
Those communities are not America, they are a small portion of America. Regardless, our nation is a better place because of those people. I have worked and lived amongst our fellow Americans who are people of color and have been blessed to do so. I have worked with both legal and illegal immigrants and seen how good they are at their jobs. It is a shame that my fellow white Americans, many times, fail to apply themselves at the same rate as those immigrants do.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Those communities are not America, they are a small portion of America. Regardless, our nation is a better place because of those people. I have worked and lived amongst our fellow Americans who are people of color and have been blessed to do so. I have worked with both legal and illegal immigrants and seen how good they are at their jobs. It is a shame that my fellow white Americans, many times, fail to apply themselves at the same rate as those immigrants do.
My neighbor hired an migrant worker to finish his roof. He did a terrible job, so my neighbor hired me to do it again at half the price.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟430,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I don't get it. If you think there is something inherently special or better about having more of one people around than different kinds of people, why would you want to be in America, a nation which has for several centuries prided itself on being a nation of immigrants? Maybe Sen. Allen would feel much more comfortable in a mostly monoethnic state like North Korea.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

LOL! Have you ever watched Jay Leno's or Jesse Watters' street interviews of young white people? Some can't find the state they live in on the map.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't get it. If you think there is something inherently special or better about having more of one people around than different kinds of people, why would you want to be in America
Ask yarddog

It is a shame that my fellow white Americans, many times, fail to apply themselves at the same rate as those immigrants do.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't get it. If you think there is something inherently special or better about having more of one people around than different kinds of people, why would you want to be in America, a nation which has for several centuries prided itself on being a nation of immigrants? Maybe Sen. Allen would feel much more comfortable in a mostly monoethnic state like North Korea.

True, but immigrants from Europe, not the third world.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
LOL! Have you ever watched Jay Leno's or Jesse Watters' street interviews of young white people? Some can't find the state they live in on the map.
Reminds me of an interview I saw with misinformed democratic voters who couldn't identify their own party leaders.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Immigrants will inundate some areas. Not all. If you desire less diversity there are many places within the country which meet that need.

Latinos have an incredible communication network. They know where they can get work, and housing. That's where they will go.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Aug 27, 2014
✟430,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
True, but immigrants from Europe, not the third world.

But immigrants from Europe already make up the base of the USA's white population, and most Europeans who are skilled know that they can live better back in Western Europe, so what is the USA doing to court European immigrants, if that is the goal? They can't all marry Donald Trump.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
But immigrants from Europe already make up the base of the USA's white population, and most Europeans who are skilled know that they can live better back in Western Europe, so what is the USA doing to court European immigrants, if that is the goal? They can't all marry Donald Trump.

I don't think we need more immigrants from anywhere. We can't take care of the people that are here now, and it's not going to get any better.

• Winner
Reactions: Gigimo
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,401.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Latinos have an incredible communication network. They know where they can get work, and housing. That's where they will go.

An area may have jobs but the housing costs are such that most employees can’t afford to live where they work. This is true in several places.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Aug 27, 2014
✟430,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
An area may have jobs but the housing costs are such that most employees can’t afford to live where they work. This is true in several places.

If there's enough work they find a way. I once rented a two bedroom apartment to four Mexican men, two of whom had families back in Texas. All were in bed before 9 pm, up and gone before 6 am for work.

Upvote 0