Oct 2, 2020
✟607,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If methamphetamine, heroin and fentanyl were regulated then the problems of purity and overdosing would be greatly reduced. Criminality associated with the buying and selling of it would also be tremendously reduced.

When alcohol was illegal, people were poisoned by the impurities bootleggers put into it. The increasing regulations on tobacco have contributed to the reduced usage.
Narcotics and alcohol aren't the same thing. Even narcotics manufactured by regulated legitimate pharmaceutical companies, are illegal outside of a very tight scope.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But remember, it's the other side that determines what words mean.
The other side puts huge emphasis on words. It started with you can't say "colored people", you have to say "people of color". Which is just saying the same thing a slightly different way.

Upvote 0

Say it aint so

Jun 19, 2020
Seattle
✟118,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
The other side puts huge emphasis on words. It started with you can't say "colored people", you have to say "people of color". Which is just saying the same thing a slightly different way.
Mmmm...not quite. "Colored people" was a name used for blacks. People of color means non white.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Okay the desire is to decimalize methamphetamine, fentanyl, heroine etc so they're more or less on the same level as alcohol and tobacco.

Decriminalize: stop treating (something) as illegal or as a criminal offense.

Legalize: make (something that was previously illegal) permissible by law.

WjAfT4Z.png
A long time ago when I first got into law enforcement a narcotics investigator told me if we really wanted to stop people from using drugs send out a nationwide message that there is some bad stuff out there and if you use drugs you will die. Then flood the market with drugs that are so potent people will overdose on them. Drug users will die and everyone else will be afraid to use them. Very cynical and extreme I know but fentanyl is actually making that happen now. People are dying from it and the cartels are putting it in everything now so people that don’t even know they’re taking it are dying. The sad thing is people are still taking drugs it doesn’t seem to be having a deterrent effect. Who in their right mind would want to make fentanyl legal?

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,649.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Narcotics and alcohol aren't the same thing. Even narcotics manufactured by regulated legitimate pharmaceutical companies, are illegal outside of a very tight scope.
How are they different?

• Optimistic
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I expect people to follow basic arguments. I'll bear in mind your need for additional clarity.
If you expect someone to discuss things with you in a way that's meaningful, don't play mind games. Just say what you mean rather than being vague, and then complaining that you've exhausted your patience and have to go to bed. That display wore itself out long ago.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Ceallaigh
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How are they different?
Narcotics have a considerably stronger effect on the mind. And are much more addictive, and addiction happens faster. I've been very drunk on hard alcohol before. And one time after a motorcycle accident, I was given morphine. The effect of the morphine was way beyond what I experienced with alcohol.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Okay the desire is to decimalize methamphetamine, fentanyl, heroine etc so they're more or less on the same level as alcohol and tobacco.

Decriminalize: stop treating (something) as illegal or as a criminal offense.

Legalize: make (something that was previously illegal) permissible by law.
The dictionary does not dictate what policies are in practice.

Decimalization in drug policy refers to reduction or elimination of penalties for possession but offers no legal means to produce or sell the prohibited substances leaving the black market and all its violence, tainted product, etc intact along with keeping the drug war farce going but sparing the low level victims of it some grief.

Legalization is what I was talking about when I refer to making all drugs legal standing more or less like alcohol and tobacco. Legal, regulated avenues of production and sale are created and the black market withers.

Upvote 0

helmut

Nov 26, 2007
Berlin
✟73,162.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Trump getting along with NK's Kim didn't have NK firing off ballistic missiles every day.
For some months.
Trump being willing to speak with leaders in Russia didn't result in Putin's invasion another country. It took biden in office to allow those things to happen.
If Putin had foreseen the reaction in the west, he certainly would not have started the war. It's not Biden that gave him the impression he could get off with just another aggression.

Biden did not allow a situation were Russian soldiers disseminated "wanted posters" for US soldiers in Syria. That was Trump. No wonder Russia tried (successfully?) meddle into the US elections - maybe this was the reason for Trumps victory in 2016.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If you ever see first hand what methamphetamine does to a person you’ll know the difference
One way to see it is to do a Google image search for "before and after meth" to see what people look like before getting on meth, and what they look like after being addicted to it.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,649.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you ever see first hand what methamphetamine does to a person you’ll know the difference
Have you ever seen anyone in the throes of dt?

How would regulated methamphetamine be worse than unregulated?

Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟195,067.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Trump getting along with NK's Kim didn't have NK firing off ballistic missiles every day. Trump being willing to speak with leaders in Russia didn't result in Putin's invasion another country. It took biden in office to allow those things to happen.
Link?

Upvote 0