loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Senate healthcare bill would cut insurance for 22 million Americans, CBO says
Roughly 15 million more people would be uninsured next year compared with the figure under the current healthcare law, according to the CBO, a number that would increase to 19 million in 2020.

The highest impact would fall on low-income and elderly Americans, with those between the ages of 55 and 64 bearing a disproportionate share of the burden.
Those who rely on Planned Parenthood for women’s health services would also take a substantial hit, since the Senate bill would defund the organization for a year. The funding prohibition would cause the number of births in the Medicaid program to increase by “several thousand”, the CBO said, affecting predominantly those areas that lack other health clinics or medical practitioners. The CBO projected that about 15% of those people would lose access to care.
tulc(MAGA on the backs of low-income and the elderly) :wave:

• Informative
Reactions: Hank77

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good thing those CBO numbers are never right.
...while President Trump always is, correct? :wave:
seen this?
What is the CBO, and can you trust its numbers on the Republican healthcare plan?
Even before the Congressional Budget Office released its cost estimates in March on the House proposal to overhaul Obamacare, the Trump administration and GOP lawmakers were trying to discredit the much-anticipated report, or CBO score, as it’s familiarly called.

“Really been meaningless,” said Gary Cohn, Trump’s top economic advisor. “Consistently inconsistent,” added Sen. Tim Scott (R-S.C.). “A red herring,” chimed Rep. Larry Bucshon (R-Ind.).

Never mind that the CBO works for Congress and that its director, Keith Hall, was appointed by their own party leaders in the House and Senate in 2015.
(emp. aded)
tulc(is always delighted to watch President Trumps supporters do that dance that they do when having to defend President Trump) :tutu:

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟838,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Honestly (and this is going to shock some people), I liked what Senator Schumer said today. I think healthcare NEEDS to be a bi-partisan thing. I wish the right would sit down with the left and let them be a part of the conversation.

I'm not a Donald Trump guy. I'm a Ron Paul/Rand Paul guy and I'm on their side with this.

With that being said, I think a lot of those numbers released by the CBO are misrepresented.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
because a lot of people get their birth control through Planned Parenthood. :wave:
tulc(thought is seemed pretty obvious really) :sorry:
Oh yeah. Because that's the only place to get them. I forgot.

Upvote 0

66/40

Mar 6, 2016
I banned this website
✟4,939.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Sorry but health care is NOT a "right." Nowhere in the constitution does it say that healthcare is to be provided free of charge and paid for by taxes.

I don't want my taxes raised nor blow away by people that are habitual free loaders on the government's dime. I want to keep the majority of my dimes I worked for.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Sorry but health care is NOT a "right." Nowhere in the constitution does it say that healthcare is to be provided free of charge and paid for by taxes.

It doesn't explicitly have to say that. It does make provisions for the general welfare of society, and most people in this country do not share strictly libertarian ideology. Nor do I think it is compatible with Christianity, where there is a recognition that we do have an obligation to our neighbor to work for the greater good.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
yeah it is +infinity! :clap:
tulc(remembers how to win these arguments from when he was a youngster!) ^_^
You'd be correct if there were absolutely no other place to get them. However, last I remember you still need a prescription for most contraceptives, and those can be filled at pharmacies.

I remember how to win arguments by actually present facts. ;)

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Neither is the "right to privacy" or "trial by jury of peers" so what's your point? Lots of thing aren't in the Constitution. :wave:

I don't want my taxes raised nor blow away by people that are habitual free loaders on the government's dime.
We aren't discussing getting rid of the Legislative and Executive branches of the US government in this thread. But feel free to start a thread about it! ;)

I want to keep the majority of my dimes I worked for.
who doesn't? :scratch:
tulc(is rather fond of his nickles and quarters as well) :sorry:

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You'd be correct if there were absolutely no other place to get them. However, last I remember you still need a prescription for most contraceptives, and those can be filled at pharmacies.
and that's where a lot of people go to see a doctor at, Planned Parenthood.

I remember how to win arguments by actually present facts. ;)
Then you should have started with facts instead of the "no they don't!" argument you led off with. :wave:
tulc(still has infinity in play in this argument) :)

• Haha
Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

66/40

Mar 6, 2016
I banned this website
✟4,939.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Neither is the "right to privacy" or "trial by jury of peers" so what's your point? Lots of thing aren't in the Constitution. :wave:
Amendment VI of the U.S. Constitution
In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the state and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the assistance of counsel for his defense.

Amendments IV, V and IX of the U.S. Constitution
The Fifth Amendment protects against self-incrimination, which in turn protects the privacy of personal information. The Ninth Amendment says that the "enumeration in the Constitution of certain rights shall not be construed to deny or disparage other rights retained by the people. The Fourth Amendment protects against privacy in one's own home against government intrusion without a warrant...and the person or things to be seized.

Care to post any additional incorrect misinformation that needs correcting there Mr. tulc???

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Amendment VI of the U.S. Constitution
In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the state and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the assistance of counsel for his defense.

...not seeing where it says it has to be "a jury of their peers" in there, could you point it out? :wave:

Care to post any additional incorrect misinformation that needs correcting there Mr. tulc???
I think this will do for the moment, once you deal with that one we can deal with the other one. :wave:
tulc(thanks you for spelling tulc with a lower case "t") ;)

Upvote 0

Waterwerx

Jul 14, 2016
Hazleton, PA
✟63,759.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Single

I don't want my taxes raised nor blow away by people that are habitual free loaders on the government's dime. I want to keep the majority of my dimes I worked for.

Its not a "right" per se, but rather a necessity. Just like being buried in a cemetery when an individual dies isn't a "right". If some kind of healthcare isn't provided, regardless of whether or not they're freeloaders, the consequences will eventually affect everyone.

The Democrats & Republicans are basically fighting over where the money comes from and who it goes to. Both parties have become so polarized, its a wonder they even get anything accomplished,
"You are wearied in the multitude of your counsels;" Isaiah 47:13

Part of the problem is big pharma and companies that manufacture medical equipment. Much of their drugs and equipment are way overpriced. As an example, look at the drug Anadrol. Its been out for probably over 50 years in the US. If I recall correctly, it still costs over $3,000 USD for a 1-month supply at a dose of 50 mg per day, which is 30 tablets. 50+ YEARS!! I have a general idea of the cost for R & D and getting everything through clinical trials, FDA approval, etc., and they're not going to explain away the exorbitant price by claiming they're still trying to make up the cost for R & D, marketing, etc., on this particular drug for this long. No way! As for synthesizing Anadrol, the only complexity is removing the impurities(i.e. resolution of the stereoisomeric mixture), and the process isn't that expensive. Most of the expense, as with any drug, should be coming from QA instead of feeding shareholders' pockets.

The fact of the matter is these companies are raking in billions of $$$ profit at the expense of taxpayers & insurance companies, and unfortunately, some(if not many) of the politicians are invested in them in one form or another.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(snip)
just out of curiosity: would "incorrect misinformation" mean I posted something you think is wrong or something you think is right? :scratch:
tulc(should have asked that earlier) :sorry:

Upvote 0

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
It seems everyone is short-sighted as in the run long there will be millions losing healthcare because the lack of money. There is no such thing as free healthcare. In order for someone get their healthcare for free the government has to steal from someone else.

• Agree
Reactions: LostFarmer
Upvote 0