tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It seems everyone is short-sighted as in the run long there will be millions losing healthcare because the lack of money. There is no such thing as free healthcare. In order for someone get their healthcare for free the government has to steal from someone else.
...and by stealing you mean like Jesus and Paul both said people were supposed to do? Pay taxes? :scratch:
tulc(is just curious) :wave:

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
...and by stealing you mean like Jesus and Paul both said people were supposed to do? Pay taxes? :scratch:
tulc(is just curious) :wave:
I pay my taxes, thank you. That doesn't mean Jesus supported the Roman Empire. When Jesus saved Zacchaeus he said if he wrong anyone he would pay them back four fold.... Thus the taxes can indeed be unjust.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I pay my taxes, thank you. That doesn't mean Jesus supported the Roman Empire. When Jesus saved Zacchaeus he said if he wrong anyone he would pay them back four fold.... Thus the taxes can indeed be unjust.
Actually, that was about Zaccheus ripping people off, not the taxes themselves being wrong. :wave:
tulc(thought that should be pointed out) :)

• Winner
Upvote 0

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Actually, that was about Zaccheus ripping people off, not the taxes themselves being wrong. :wave:
tulc(thought that should be pointed out) :)
EXACTLY like the mob of people wants ripping others off through taxes. They want the government to steal from others so they can have freebies while they live in their sin.

• Agree
Reactions: dmmesdale
Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
EXACTLY like the mob of people wants ripping others off through taxes. They want the government to steal from others so they can have freebies while they live in their sin.
except that's not what that Scripture is saying. :wave:
tulc(does like watching the twisting going on to try and make it say that) ;)

• Agree
Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Only people who are living in sin want healthcare? Is good health a reward for not sinning while health problems are a punishment?

Last edited:
  • Useful
Upvote 0

LostFarmer

what ever
Mar 1, 2012
EARTH
✟61,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I get my health-care from trusting in GOD. So do not need the health-care from the offspring of Cain, the government of man nor their overpriced health insurance. But if you want to put your trust in man, you may but if is foolish.

Is good health a reward for not sinning while health problems ate a punishment?
Nope.

Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I get my health-care from trusting in GOD. So do not need the health-care from the offspring of Cain, the government of man nor their overpriced health insurance. But if you want to put your trust in man, you may but if is foolish.

Nope.
So, you don't go to doctors and think it is foolish to do so?

Upvote 0

66/40

Mar 6, 2016
I banned this website
✟4,939.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
...not seeing where it says it has to be "a jury of their peers" in there, could you point it out? :wave:

I think this will do for the moment, once you deal with that one we can deal with the other one. :wave:
tulc(thanks you for spelling tulc with a lower case "t") ;)
Yeah, who or where else would a jury pool be formed from???? It's always been from citizen "peers." I.e. "Fellow citizens," not duly compensated agents of the state or federal government.

What, you didn't know this??? You obviously don't know what the definition of a "peer" is when it pertains to criminal law. Are you new to this country??? It's ALWAYS been like this son.

Now what???? Next question please.

Upvote 0

GirdYourLoins

Nov 27, 2016
Brighton, UK
✟122,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As an Englishman I do get healthcare free at the point of service but paid for with taxes so that part is not relevant to me.

But what I do want to comment on is people who use Planned Parenthood. Even over here we are aware of the evil of this company. Child murderers is the only description of them that comes to mind.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Some people would not want to pay tolls on the roads they drive on. They would rather tax people who do not drive on those roads. They used to have a gasoline tax to pay for Federal highway infrastructure, that was cut then roads, bridges and tunnels crumbled. They would rather spend billions on battleships than education and health care. Is that not theft? It is not a felony, it is politics. The Senate tax bill would provide tax relief for couples earning over $250,000 a year. What poor person would vote for it? Unlimited health care at no extra cost was a lie. Should you raise health insurance costs for those who are obese? Some people would be upset over such a thing. Taxing the obese more would lower health insurance costs for people who did not practice gluttony. Such a tax would anger rich obese people as they might claim it violates their rights to affordable health care.

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Some would rather spend more money on private insurance, keeping insurance executives wealthy than to spend less on healthcare as taxes and risk paying for some poor persons healthcare.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Some would rather spend more money on private insurance, keeping insurance executives wealthy than to spend less on healthcare as taxes and risk paying for some poor persons healthcare.
If you are healthy and your employer does not provide insurance, you might not want to pay for health insurance at all. Under current law in the U.S., the government may fine you for not buying health insurance. People were not buying health insurance when they were well, but trying to get it after being diagnosed with cancer or in need of heart surgery. Under previous laws, insurance companies were allowed to turn away customers with preexisting conditions.

Some people do not insure their homes. They have adequate capital reserves to survive a disaster. The insurance companies have glass towers in city financial districts as they took in more than they paid out.

With Superstorm Sandy, Federal flood insurance took in less than it paid out. After the government tried to raise flood insurance rates for beachfront and flood zone property owners, people started panicking. In my region people were selling Florida beachfront and barrier island properties cheap as their flood insurance premiums were expected to rise astronomically. Hurricane storm surges were more severe closer to the beach. There was a massive lobbying effort against the astronomical rate hikes and people were able to keep their homes.

Upvote 0

pshun2404

Jan 26, 2012
✟78,299.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sorry but health care is NOT a "right." Nowhere in the constitution does it say that healthcare is to be provided free of charge and paid for by taxes.

I don't want my taxes raised nor blow away by people that are habitual free loaders on the government's dime. I want to keep the majority of my dimes I worked for.

And you shall know them by their fruits!

Matthew 25 tells us:

"34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal."

Upvote 0

pshun2404

Jan 26, 2012
✟78,299.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The reason I posted Matt 25 is because just before this description of the judgment Christ gives us the story of the 10 virgins. All were in the Church...all did all the churchianity things (took a bath, ate the bread and wine, read the word, prayed, etc.) and all called themselves followers and allegedly awaited for His (real actual) return, but in the end only five were real (had the Spirit in them...i.e., the oil) and five were self-deceived (He NEVER knew them)...5 were sheep (Romans 8:9) and five were goats (lords of self - Gen. 3:5)....the judgment scenario explains the attitudes toward the poor, the widows, the fatherless, THE ILL, and so on, that will determine which side each will fall on...which side are you on?

If Christ had the means what would He do?

• Agree
Reactions: RedPonyDriver
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, who or where else would a jury pool be formed from???? It's always been from citizen "peers." I.e. "Fellow citizens," not duly compensated agents of the state or federal government.

What, you didn't know this??? You obviously don't know what the definition of a "peer" is when it pertains to criminal law. Are you new to this country??? It's ALWAYS been like this son.

Now what???? Next question please.
So...that would be "It's true, it doesn't say it has to be a "jury of my peers" anywhere in there."? :scratch:
tulc(is just making sure we're on the same page here) :wave:

Upvote 0

Thedictator

Retired Coach, Now Missionary to the World
Mar 21, 2010
Northeast Texas
✟50,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
TULC Quote:
"Those who rely on Planned Parenthood for women’s health services would also take a substantial hit, since the Senate bill would defund the organization for a year."

This is why I'm a republican, Planned Parenthood is an Organization of Satan and the fires of Hell. The women, the doctors and the Advocates who murder children will one day stand before God in Judgement and be condemned to Hell.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Quick note here: my name is "tulc" all lower case letters not TULC. :wave:
This is why I'm a republican,
Ok, this thread isn't really about why you became a Republican, if you'd like to discuss that you could start a thread where people can do so. :wave:

Planned Parenthood is an Organization of Satan and the fires of Hell. The women, the doctors and the Advocates who murder children will one day stand before God in Judgement and be condemned to Hell.
wow...sweet rant bro! I'd give it an 8 out of 10 almost a 9, you lost a couple of points because you didn't use any RANdom bolding and it could have used some colors to add some real indignation. But over all? A good rant none the less! :oldthumbsup:
tulc(is a big fan of random bolding) :wave:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Oh yeah. Because that's the only place to get them. I forgot.

You sure did. Lots of their locations are in areas that are underserved. So that is where the ladies can get their cancer prevention screenings, contraceptives, etc.

• Agree
Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0