Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Missouri Republican Senate candidate Courtland Sykes told voters "I want to come home to a home cooked dinner at six every night, one that she [Sykes' fiancee] fixes and one that I expect one day to have daughter learn to fix after they become traditional homemakers and family wives." He also said that he doesn't want his daughters "career obsessed banshees who forego home life ... to become nail-biting manophobic hell-bent feminist she devils who shriek from the tops of a thousand tall buildings."

Am I the only one who is frightened by this sort of talk?

GOP Senate candidate on women's rights: 'I want to come home to a cooked dinner every night'

Elliewaves

Untouchable internet saint
Dec 18, 2011
✟100,814.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
It's one thing to like to have your wife stay at home (when she wants to) so you can be the breadwinner and she can focus on the family because you are a conservative and so is she and that is what she chooses to do and you have both decided that for your marriage. It's another thing to like go off on such an extreme rant about it that is somehow all about you and your wants and pretty much say your daughters will be denied higher education no matter what. He sounds like a kook.

Upvote 0

Macril

Jan 17, 2018
Oslo
✟2,546.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He also said that he doesn't want his daughters "career obsessed banshees who forego home life ... to become nail-biting manophobic hell-bent feminist she devils who shriek from the tops of a thousand tall buildings."

Just wait until his daughters hit teens, read that article and say “oh yeah? “

Upvote 0

HereIStand

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Come to think of it. Those feminists get a bit loud at times,

upload_2018-1-29_13-20-36.png

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Missouri Republican Senate candidate Courtland Sykes told voters "I want to come home to a home cooked dinner at six every night, one that she [Sykes' fiancee] fixes and one that I expect one day to have daughter learn to fix after they become traditional homemakers and family wives." He also said that he doesn't want his daughters "career obsessed banshees who forego home life ... to become nail-biting manophobic hell-bent feminist she devils who shriek from the tops of a thousand tall buildings."

GOP Senate candidate on women's rights: 'I want to come home to a cooked dinner every night'

If he likes hopelessly stilted relationships based on conformity to rigid gender norms, that's his business.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If he likes hopelessly stilted relationships based on conformity to rigid gender norms, that's his business.
Yup, while he searches for like minded people to vote for him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Denadii

Aug 27, 2017
Western
✟31,027.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

So what's the problem with that?

Upvote 0

Stormy

Senior Contributor
Jun 16, 2002
St. Louis, Mo
Visit site
✟51,954.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Sykes faces an uphill battle for the Republican senatorial nomination, as Missouri Attorney General Josh Hawley is heavily favored in the primary.

Just about anyone can become a candidate. We will be electing Josh Hawley. Sykes is but a footnote

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Sykes faces an uphill battle for the Republican senatorial nomination, as Missouri Attorney General Josh Hawley is heavily favored in the primary.

Just about anyone can become a candidate. We will be electing Josh Hawley. Sykes is but a footnote

That is good. He should be nothing more than a footnote with such views.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟821,456.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

He certainly has the right to his opinion and his fiance knows what she is getting into but he won't be a candidate open to the majority of his state.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I hear ya. But someone has to make dinner. If not you eat too much take out or those horrible already prepared meals with too many preservatives and sodium. Whoever stays home or gets home first should be the loving spouse and cook for the family.

Americans are fat and sick because there is no one home to cook healthy meals. Parents tend to put their careers over the love and health of their families.

• Agree
Reactions: Liza B.
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I hear ya. But someone has to make dinner. If not you eat too much take out or those horrible already prepared meals with too many preservatives and sodium. Whoever stays home or gets home first should be the loving spouse and cook for the family.

Americans are fat and sick because there is no one home to cook healthy meals. Parents tend to put their careers over the love and health of their families.
In many cases couples don't have a choice, they can't live on one income like they could in the 50s and 60s.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

But it shouldn't be automatically expected that it will be the female in the relationship who will stay home and cook meals. Yet this guy has not only decided that his wife will cook for him, but has also decided that his daughters will stay home and cook for their husbands.

Upvote 0