Married
Friday at 10:20 PM#707

Gr8GraceActive Member
✟13,994.00
+177
United States
Christian
Married
I don't even understand how you think you can ask this!?

In your theology we are not born again and do not become sheep until we have worked ourselves to death.

Everybody has to answer, " I don't know" based on your theology.

Since you have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit in sincere love of the brethren, love one another fervently with a pure heart, having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides. 1 Peter 1:22-23

We are born again by obeying the Gospel, in which we are "in Christ", in which we have His Spirit our eternal life in us, being joined to Him.

But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him.

Later if we begin to hate our brother for whatever reason, and don't repent and confess our sin to be forgiven, we do not have eternal life abiding in us.

Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him. 1 John 3:15

You have lied and deceived so many people, that the truth is confusing to you.

JLB

Upvote 0

Gr8Grace

Mar 11, 2018
South Dakota
✟75,931.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him. 1 John 3:15

JLB

This does not mean that your unsaved and do not have the indwelling Holy Spirit.

This verse means that you are not abiding in your eternal life(your out of fellowship) when you are concocting every conceivable circumstance under the sun to murder me(a brother) with the loss of my salvation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gr8Grace

Mar 11, 2018
South Dakota
✟75,931.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Later if we begin to hate our brother for whatever reason, and don't repent and confess our sin to be forgiven, we do not have eternal life abiding in us.
Seems you missed this tid-bit in the verses you quoted:
"having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible..."

Upvote 0

Gr8Grace

Mar 11, 2018
South Dakota
✟75,931.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
JLB777 said:
~~~~
AND I believe this statement is very true.

If we as believers are quenching or grieving the Spirit.......we are out of fellowship and not abiding in our eternal life.
1 John 1:9 to get back into fellowship. Or face discipline and has been said many times,possible loss of ETERNAL rewards.

But Grace and His FREE gift stands forever.

Really, a simple and BIBLICAL concept, but foolishness to carnal minds.

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Look at the word 'good' in Rom 2:7. You will find that it is a singular good work.

To Those who are, on the basis of expectation of a SINGULAR good work(the Lord Jesus Christ on the cross) are seeking eternal life,glory,honor and immortality.

As Freegrace has pointed out, the way you are interpreting this verse is vehemently apposed by Paul in this very book. Not to mention throughout scripture.

And most level headed, reasonable and sane persons would look at this verse and at least pause a bit and question themselves if they interpreted Rom 2:7 like you:

1 John 5:13~~New American Standard Bible
These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life.
This just shows how much he continues to prove that he is neither of the things you mentioned.

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Here is who the bible says will receive eternal life on the Day of Judgement -
Again, Rom 2:7 is about how to EARN eternal life; by patient continuance in doing good.

But, Paul went on to say that no one is good, everyone is a sinner. So your use of this verse for how to have eternal life is totally dishonest.

And John 3;36, 5:24, 6:47 and 1 John 5:13 all refute your misunderstanding of how to possess eternal life, and WHEN one does possess it. It's when they believe, not at the day of judgment.

Even another verse you abuse testifies against you and reveals your duplicity; 1 John 2:4. It's about believers who hate their fellow believers not having eternal life abiding IN them. So the Scripture is very clear that believers HAVE eternal life IN them, during their life on earth.

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality; Romans 2:7

those who have done good, to the resurrection of life
, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation. John 5:28-29
Not only the Pharisees of Jesus' day believed this, but so do the mainline NON-evangelical mainline denominations.

You're in with quite a group.

Your doctrine teaches people they can do evil, and hate, and still receive eternal life.
But you never pay attention, or you'd know that the Bible teaches that eternal life is possessed by believers, so that would include WHEN they believe, since there are no verses about any kind of delay in possessing eternal life.

If you know of any, why haven't you shared them in this thread?

Do you NOT see that this verse speaks of a believer not having eternal life abiding in him? btw, don't capitalize the "him" at the end. John was referring to the believer who hates. It is he who is not abiding in eternal life.

But the verse destroys your false belief that eternal life is given at the day of judgment.

Why would John make his comment if your belief was true? No one would have "eternal life abiding in them" as understood by you.

Do you not see your contradiction? It's huge.

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
It's been shared many times, so he didn't miss it. Like all the other verses that soundly refute his opinions, he just ignores them.

1 Pet 1:23 teaches eternal security.

What JLB can't do, nor anyone else of his ilk, is prove or show how someone who has been born of IMPERISHABLE SEED can perish.

• Agree
Reactions: Gr8Grace
Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Since you have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit in sincere love of the brethren, love one another fervently with a pure heart, having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides. 1 Peter 1:22-23
I'm glad you finally quote 1 Pet 1:23.

Now, please explain to the thread how someone born of INCORRUPTIBLE (IMPERISHABLE) SEED can perish or be corrupted.

Since Jesus died for all sins of all mankind, your line of thinking is blasphemous. As if Jesus didn't die for hatred.

You have lied and deceived so many people, that the truth is confusing to you.
JLB
1 John 2:4 applies directly to you.

"Whoever says, “I know him,” but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in that person."

Those who do not believe that all who believe possess eternal life (John 3;36, 5;24, 6:47, 1 John 5:13) and that such recipients shall never, no, not ever, perish (John 10:28) do not know Him, and do NOT do what He commands, and IS a LIAR and the truth is NOT in him.

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

What U See is What U Get!
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
1. Define by reference to the Bible WHICH JUDGMENT(S) is/are being referred to:

a. JUDGMENT of the NATIONS? ...Psalm 9:19 ; Matthew 25: 31-36 f

b. JUDGMENT of the Believers' Works?...1 Corinthians 3: 10-15 ; 2 Corinthians 5 : 6-10

c. The GREAT WHITE THRONE JUDGMENT...sentencing of unbelievers...Revelation 20: 11-15 (NASB)

d. BELIEVING SURVIVORS of the GREAT TRIBULATION...Revelation 7: 9-17

e. JUDGMENT of Fallen Spirits: Revelation 20: 1-10

f. JUDGMENT of the Nation Israel....the Major Prophets + Matthew 19:27-31 (NASB)

John 5:24
“Truly, truly, I say to you,
he who hears My word,
and believes Him who sent Me,
has eternal life, and
does not come into judgment,
but has passed out of death into life.

John 3:18
He who believes in Him is not judged;
he who does not believe has been judged already,
because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I said this:
"No, you ignored the core of my question. I PROVED that the gift of etenral life is given to those who BELIEVE, not at the end of one's physical life as you erroneously misunderstand Scripture."

eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality; Romans 2:7

JLB

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
1. Define by reference to the Bible WHICH JUDGMENT(S) is/are being referred to:

a. JUDGMENT of the NATIONS? ...Psalm 9:19 ; Matthew 25: 31-36 f

b. JUDGMENT of the Believers' Works?...1 Corinthians 3: 10-15 ; 2 Corinthians 5 : 6-10

c. The GREAT WHITE THRONE JUDGMENT...sentencing of unbelievers...Revelation 20: 11-15 (NASB)

d. BELIEVING SURVIVORS of the GREAT TRIBULATION...Revelation 7: 9-17

e. JUDGMENT of Fallen Spirits: Revelation 20: 1-10

f. JUDGMENT of the Nation Israel....the Major Prophets + Matthew 19:27-31 (NASB)

John 5:24
“Truly, truly, I say to you,
he who hears My word,
and believes Him who sent Me,
has eternal life, and
does not come into judgment,
but has passed out of death into life.

John 3:18
He who believes in Him is not judged;
he who does not believe has been judged already,
because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Who receives eternal life?

those who by patient continuance in doing good

JLB

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

this Is who will receive eternal life.

JLB

Upvote 0

Dan the deacon

Jul 10, 2018
Perry
✟28,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

JLB
If you cited scripture that even more clearly states we can reject (Not have it taken) salvation some would decide it was not spoken to believers. Which makes no sence as the New Testament is written to the Church and to the Church alone.

Reactions: JLB777
Upvote 0

Gr8Grace

Mar 11, 2018
South Dakota
✟75,931.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
John 5:24~~New American Standard Bible
"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life.

John 6:35~~New American Standard Bible
Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life; he who comes to Me will not hunger, and he who believes in Me will never thirst.

John 6:54~~New American Standard Bible
"He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.

JLB
John 7:18~~New American Standard Bible
"He who speaks from himself seeks his own glory; but He who is seeking the glory of the One who sent Him, He is true, and there is no unrighteousness in Him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dan the deacon

Jul 10, 2018
Perry
✟28,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
John 5:24~~New American Standard Bible
"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

John 6:35~~New American Standard Bible
Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life; he who comes to Me will not hunger, and he who believes in Me will never thirst.

John 6:54~~New American Standard Bible
"He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.

John 7:18~~New American Standard Bible
"He who speaks from himself seeks his own glory; but He who is seeking the glory of the One who sent Him, He is true, and there is no unrighteousness in Him.
So do you really believe there is no untighteousness in you?

Upvote 0

Gr8Grace

Mar 11, 2018
South Dakota
✟75,931.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Which makes no sence as the New Testament is written to the Church and to the Church alone.

By your guy's own admission, no wonder it doesn't make sense to you.

99.99% is written to saved right now, have been given eternal life, forever secure born-again Christians that will never perish.....His church.

Upvote 0

Gr8Grace

Mar 11, 2018
South Dakota
✟75,931.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So do you really believe there is no untighteousness in you?
Of course I do. I have His very righteousness.
Rom 4~~22Therefore IT WAS ALSO CREDITED TO HIM AS RIGHTEOUSNESS. 23Now not for his sake only was it written that it was credited to him, 24but for our sake also, to whom it will be credited, as those who believe in Him who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead, 25He who was delivered over because of our transgressions, and was raised because of our justification.

In my position in Christ. I have His perfect righteousness.

In my condition(my flesh) there is NOTHING righteous. Which is why it is tragic that there are folks who think they can impress God and somehow get their butt's saved by their OWN glory.Their OWN honor. And their OWN 'good.'

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Do you even understand what Jesus is saying here?

He is saying the same exact thing in John 10:27 and John 5:28-29

This who hear and obey Him will receive eternal life.

• those who have done good, to the resurrection of life,

Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice and come forth—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation. John 5:28-29

It’s also what His Apostles teach through out the New Testament.

All the following scriptures from His Apostles teach the same thing.

Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son. 2 John 9

Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God.

eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality; but to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness—indignation and wrath, Romans 2:7-8

He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 1 John 2:4

Christian’s who disobey His commandments do not have eternal life in them.

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In my position in Christ. I have His perfect righteousness.

Here is who are righteous -

• He who practices righteousness is righteous,

Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous.
1 John 3:7

JLB

Upvote 0