Dallas
✟873,878.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I never said that unbelievers receive the Holy Spirit. John 7:38 - He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water." 39 But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive..

Acts 11:17 - If therefore God gave them the same gift (Holy Spirit) as He gave us when we believed on the Lord Jesus Christ, who was I that I could withstand God?

Ephesians 1:13 - In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise.

All of these verses say the Holy Spirit is received after believing. John 7:38 after believing the rivers will flow. Acts 11:17 Jesus gave the Holy Spirit when we believed past tense. Ephesians 1:13 sane thing having believed past tense.

• Agree
Reactions: mailmandan
Upvote 0

Danthemailman

Jul 18, 2017
Midwest
✟301,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All of these verses say the Holy Spirit is received after believing. John 7:38 after believing the rivers will flow. Acts 11:17 Jesus gave the Holy Spirit when we believed past tense. Ephesians 1:13 sane thing having believed past tense.
Yes and not before believing. :oldthumbsup:

• Friendly
Reactions: BNR32FAN
Upvote 0

JLB777

Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This belief/faith results in actions appropriate to the belief (to one degree or the other/all genuine believers are fruitful, yet not all are equally fruitful)

This has been explained to him dozens of times, yet he rejects it because he has allowed a stronghold to be created in his mind that exalts itself against the knowledge of God. The truth of scripture.

He has favored a part of a verse, taken out of context over the truth of the plain and clear word of God.

The believe/faith action is displayed plainly in this verse for all to plainly see.

For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Romans 10:10

I have asked him this question many times with no answer.

Does this scripture say believe unto salvation or does it say confession is made unto salvation.

• confession is made unto salvation.

Confessing Jesus as Lord is our obedient response to the Gospel command repent.

Repent means turn to God in submission to Him as Lord.

If we are called to turn to God, the we are called to turn away from Satan as Lord.

The Gospel Jesus sent Paul to preach.

I will deliver you from the Jewish people, as well as from the Gentiles, to whom I now send you, to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.’

“Therefore, King Agrippa, I was not disobedient to the heavenly vision, but declared first to those in Damascus and in Jerusalem, and throughout all the region of Judea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent, turn to God, and do works befitting repentance.
Acts 26:17-20

JLB

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
And since your afraid to post what John 10:28 says, it seems your the liar.
What a lie!! I've been quoting John 10:28 MANY TIMES, even color coded it for you for ease of following my point about what Jesus was saying about the CAUSE and EFFECT of possessing (having) eternal life.

I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand.

OK, here is yet another OPPORTUNITY to explain and prove that the red words DON'T give us the CAUSE of having eternal life, and explain and prove that the blue words DON'T give us the EFFECT of having eternal life.

But since you've NEVER EVER bothered to address my points before, I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for your response.

But I offer you the opportunity so those who follow this thread will see for themselves your failure to prove your own opinions, or refute my points.

So go ahead and ignore. For all to see.

That verse starts with the word “and”.
“And” connects verse 28 with verse 27.
See you never mention verse 27, Freegrace because you are a deceitful liar who promotes half truths and Heresy.
More LIES. I've quoted v.27 many times. You are the deceitful liar.

You will soon find this out when you stand before Christ and are Judged according to your deeds.
Rather, you'll be trying (and failing) to explain WHY you refuse to believe that those given eternal life WHEN they believe (John 5:24, 6:47, 1 Jn 5:13) shall never perish (Jn 10:28).

Those who promote Heresy will not inherit the kingdom of God.
Since you have made it clear that you are counting on "continuance in doing good" in order to earn eternal life (Rom 2:7), you won't even know which believers are rewarded or not in eternity.

You even twist what inherit the kingdom of God means.
Said the lying deceiver.

Your views are far worse than sad.

• Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

JLB777

Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What a lie!! I've been quoting John 10:28 MANY TIMES, even color coded it for you for ease of following my point about what Jesus was saying about the CAUSE and EFFECT of possessing (having) eternal life.

Here is your quote where you willingly and knowingly left off the first word of John 10:28, because it plainly connects the previous verse.

Here is your quote -

John 10:28 - I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand.

Where is the word "and", Freegrace????????

You are the liar!

JLB

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Here is your quote where you willingly and knowingly left off the first word of John 10:28, because it plainly connects the previous verse.
Here is your quote -
Where is the word "and", Freegrace????????
You are the liar!
Take an English refresher course to understand how the "and" is used.

And Biblehub.com provided 28 English translations, of which 16 include the "and" at the beginning of the verse.

So what? Your so-called mountain is nothing more than a small molehill.

What you've done is repeatedly ignore my color coded explanation of the CAUSE and EFFECT of having eternal life in v.28.

And we all know why. Because you have no answers, nor do you have any defense.

v.27 is descriptive of believers. v.27 is a statement about the CAUSE and EFFECT of having eternal life, applicable only to believers.

Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

JLB777

Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Take an English refresher course to understand how the "and" is used.

And Biblehub.com provided 28 English translations, of which 16 include the "and" at the beginning of the verse.

So what? Your so-called mountain is nothing more than a small molehill.

What you've done is repeatedly ignore my color coded explanation of the CAUSE and EFFECT of having eternal life in v.28.

And we all know why. Because you have no answers, nor do you have any defense.

v.27 is descriptive of believers. v.27 is a statement about the CAUSE and EFFECT of having eternal life, applicable only to believers.

And is a conjunction that connects verse 27 with verse 28.

Stop trying to deceive people with your false theology!

My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. John 10:27-28

Do people who wander from the Lord and become lost, need to be saved?

Do the lost need to be saved?

JLB

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
And is a conjunction that connects verse 27 with verse 28.
Yes, they are connected. v.27 describes what believers do, and v.28 explains the CAUSE and EFFECT of believers having eternal life.

Stop trying to deceive people with your false theology!
If it's so false, as you opine, why won't you address my color coded explanation of the CAUSE and EFFECT of having eternal life in John 10:28.

Here's the verse, all color coded and pretty, for you.

and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand. NASB

Your turn.

My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. John 10:27-28
And I even color coded your own quotation.

Your turn. Again.

Do people who wander from the Lord and become lost, need to be saved?
According to Jesus, those He gives eternal life shall never perish, so your question is chock full of false premises.

Oh, have you stopped beating your wife YET? yes or no

Do the lost need to be saved?
For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost." NASB

Question for you:

When Jesus saves someone, do they need saving all over again?

If your answer is yes, you need to answer one more question:

How well does Jesus save someone if they need saving all over again?

Upvote 0