Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
You are the one proposing a plan, not me.
You said you had a plan (post 78). I've proposed mine. I'm waiting for yours.

I respect the Constitution but the Constitution doesn't nullify the Bible.

The Constitution gives us freedom OF religion, not freedom FROM religion. Our country needs God, and if we turn our back on him, which we have, we will have nothing but trouble.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,326.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green

I respect the Constitution but the Constitution doesn't nullify the Bible.

The Constitution gives us freedom OF religion, not freedom FROM religion. Our country needs God, and if we turn our back on him, which we have, we will have nothing but trouble.
So the teachers that are leading prayer in the morning, how does this not violate their freedom of religion?

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
So the teachers that are leading prayer in the morning, how does this not violate their freedom of religion?
They can pray anything they want to pray.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

I never said I had a plan. Don’t make false accusations.

[QOUTE]I respect the Constitution but the Constitution doesn't nullify the Bible.[/QUOTE]

No one is suggesting that the Bible be nullified. Anyone can pray anytime they want in school.

Again, anyone can pray in school whenever they want.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
I never said I had a plan. Don’t make false accusations.

[QOUTE]I respect the Constitution but the Constitution doesn't nullify the Bible.

No one is suggesting that the Bible be nullified. Anyone can pray anytime they want in school.

Again, anyone can pray in school whenever they want.[/QUOTE]
Read post 78.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Freedom of religion includes the freedom not to practice a religion.
Nowhere does the Constitution ban the practice of religion. If you use the Constitution to push God out of government, then you will have nothing but trouble. We need his guidance.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Freedom of religion includes the freedom not to practice a religion.
Compare that to our country's need for the Lord's guidance. Are we going to let our country be destroyed so that we don't hurt the feelings of our atheists?

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,326.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Compare that to our country's need for the Lord's guidance. Are we going to let our country be destroyed so that we don't hurt the feelings of our atheists?
If we go against the principles the country was founded on, we kind of already destroyed it.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
If we go against the principles the country was founded on, we kind of already destroyed it.
If one of our principles is to shut the Lord out of government, then it's time to change our principles.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,326.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
If one of our principles is to shut the Lord out of government, then it's time to change our principles.
Religious freedom was one of our bedrock principles, because of hard lessons learned in Europe. Even if it wasn't, I don't see how not requiring public displays of piety is "shutting the Lord out of government."

• Agree
Reactions: Rajni
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Read post 78.

You said "We need to bring our country back to God. Do you have a plan?" In response I said "Yes, but prayer in public schools isn't the way. There is this little thing called the Constitution that says something about freedom of religion."

What I wrote, "Yes, but prayer in public schools isn't the way," was in response to your first sentence. You have to read what I wrote in context--the second sentence that I wrote makes no sense otherwise. I did not answer your question as to whether I had a plan, nor am I going to propose a plan. If I had one I would have said so. I'm sorry if you misunderstood the meaning of what I wrote.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
No one has forced the Lord out of schools. Anyone can pray anytime they want to. But forced religion isn't the way to go--I gave an example of how that doesn't work earlier.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(snip)
The Constitution gives us freedom OF religion, not freedom FROM religion. (snip)
It does actually give people freedom from religion, honestly, that would be one of its main points. :wave:
tulc(hence the "no religious tests" portion) :)

Reactions: Rajni
Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,241,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
Our country is walking the path of Sodom and Gomorrah, and you accuse me of showboating because I suggest prayer in school might help?
No, our country isn't "walking the path of Sodom and Gomorrah".

Where am I "accusing" you of anything?

More importantly, what part of Jesus's command to pray in secret are
you having trouble understanding?

First, I'm sure you wouldn't object then to a Wiccan teacher offering a Wiccan prayer or a Muslim teacher having his students face Mecca. After all, it is just a short prayer.
Exactly.

Fire them. Freedom of religion, not freedom from religion. Or bring someone else in to pray.
Fire them for not listening to Jesus about how prayer should be conducted?

Really?

Again, the Lord can't be shut out of anything.

People seem to forget this is God they're talking about.

-

Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,241,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
Given that it would appear that some aren't that familiar with their bibles, below is the command Jesus gave regarding prayer to which I've been referring:

“When you pray, do not be like the hypocrites! They love to stand up and pray in the houses of worship and on the street corners, so that everyone will see them. I assure you, they have already been paid in full. But when you pray, go to your room, close the door, and pray to your Father, who is unseen. And your Father, who sees what you do in private, will reward you." (Matthew 6:5-6)​

-

Upvote 0