Saying "All Iives Matter" can get you killed

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not that I've heard of. I know there were a couple of Antifa people arrested, and some alt-right provocateurs as well. I've heard that organized crime was involved, and I suspect that the shutdown from Covid-19 itself contributed to a backlash of craziness from any number of random actors.

If you have evidence of a direct connection, please present it. Seriously, it wouldn't be the first time this month that a conservative conspiracy theory ended up being true, but accusations like that should be backed up.
Did you not watch any of the protests that turned violent? It's not even debatable. No, there don't seem to be a lot of arrests, but then, most of the cities were democratically controlled and did not allow arrests. Did you not see the footage of bottles being thrown at police cars, guns being fired and police doing nothing about it? Of BLM protests going violent across the globe?Have you been hiding under a rock or something?

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
A woman in Indianapolis was killed while walking by a BLM protests and saying "All lives matter" when they said "Black Lives Matter". For that she was shot 3 times.....

Really sad. People are losing their minds out there. I don’t know how anyone still involves themselves in anyone else’s business with all the craziness popping off all over the place.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Only being killed by a cop can happen to all races and does and there's no indication that Floyd was killed because he was black, in fact, no indication that his death was anything but an accident.
Only being killed by someone in a crowd that you yell something at and possibly threaten with physical violence can happen to all races and does and there's no indication that the woman in the OP was killed because she yelled something. In fact, no indication that her death was anything but an accident.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Right, because the cop woke up that morning and decided to kill a black dude. C'mon, you really need to think about this. It was an accidental death and had nothing to do with race.
Right, same can be said for the woman in the OP, because the person in that crowd woke up that morning and decided to kill a woman. C'mon, you really need to think about this. It was an accidental death and had nothing to do with anything she yelled or said.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
here's an article about the same incident with a more expanded story:
Young mother, 24, is 'shot dead in front of her fiancé after saying "all lives matter"' | Daily Mail Online
  • Jessica Doty Whitaker, 24, was shot dead on July 5 in Indianapolis, Indiana
  • Whitaker, her fiancé Jose Ramirez and two others were reportedly walking along the canal when one of them allegedly used the n-word
  • A nearby group of people heard the phrase and a confrontation was sparked
  • During the argument, Whitaker responded 'All lives matter' when the other group said 'Black Lives Matter'
  • Whitaker, a home health nurse, leaves behind a three-year-old son
  • She was one of three people shot dead at Indianapolis' canal last week, and one of several over Fourth of July weekend
See if you can spot the difference between the above with the one in the OP. :sigh:
tulc(just curious)

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You must've misspoke when you said this then...

it's her own action that set things in motion.

Clearly you didn't intend to suggest she was responsible in any way for the injustice done to her.
Just offering one possibility. She could have been more careful for her own safety. For example, it's never right for someone to rob a person, but that doesn't mean I'm going to walk down a street with hundred-dollar bills hanging out of all my pockets. If I were to get mugged and robbed, it wouldn't be right but it would be my actions that set things in motion.

The account given by those involved is pretty compelling. If you have some evidence to the contrary, I'll gladly take a look.
There are many different views by the different people involved. We haven't heard from every witness. We won't know what the real reason is why she was killed, we can only speculate. I don't see why a BLM person would kill her, it was just some crazy person who picked her randomly as I see it.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Only being killed by someone in a crowd that you yell something at and possibly threaten with physical violence can happen to all races and does and there's no indication that the woman in the OP was killed because she yelled something. In fact, no indication that her death was anything but an accident.
Funny, but not convincing. What did Floyd's death have to do with his skin? Why was he arrested? I'm sure you are smart enough to figure it out.
Right, same can be said for the woman in the OP, because the person in that crowd woke up that morning and decided to kill a woman. C'mon, you really need to think about this. It was an accidental death and had nothing to do with anything she yelled or said.
Only there's no similarities between the two.

I"was squashed and they went up the hill and left we thought, but they were sitting on St. Clair waiting for us to come under the bridge and that's when she got shot,' said Ramirez."

That's called premeditated murder in case you are wondering.

• Winner
Reactions: Pavel Mosko
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
No...you made the same victim blaming argument.

I'm sure you understand what an analogy is.
So you believe that a person who provokes things is blameless? If you walk up to a huge guy and say something filthy about his mother and he knocks you out you does that mean youre not to blame at all? The court would consider your provocation to be "fighting words" and that you have blame in the situation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are many different views by the different people involved. We haven't heard from every witness. We won't know what the real reason is why she was killed, we can only speculate. I don't see why a BLM person would kill her, it was just some crazy person who picked her randomly as I see it.
Yeah because you know more than the eyewitness of course.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It doesn't matter. Based on your responses, this is the direction you are going. We can just as well say that George Floyd's death was his own fault because he was carrying fake bills. It he hadn't been carrying the fake cash, he would still be alive right now. Now, are ridiculous as that statement sounds, it follows your logic that it was the woman's fault she was killed because she said all lives mattered.
It's not a crime to carry and pass fake cash. It's certainly not something the cops would be called for and that the person would be arrested. I should know, I've been in that position. George Floyd was obviously targeted by the cops for being black. He did nothing to warrant any of their treatment of him, much less their killing him. It will be proven in court, you'll see.

But the woman in the OP cleary was trying to provoke and we don't know the whole story as to what she did to physically threaten her attacker. It sounds like it was a self-defense situation.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
She was shot.
People are accidentally shot all the time. In this case, it sounds like it easily could be that she was shot in self-defense.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Funny, but not convincing. What did Floyd's death have to do with his skin? Why was he arrested? I'm sure you are smart enough to figure it out.
Purportedly he was arrested for having a counterfeit $20 bill, but that's not convincing at all because I know first-hand that you don't get arrested for that and that they don't even call the cops for that.

Only there's no similarities between the two.
Who said there were?

I"was squashed and they went up the hill and left we thought, but they were sitting on St. Clair waiting for us to come under the bridge and that's when she got shot,' said Ramirez."

That's called premeditated murder in case you are wondering.
That's the woman's boyfriend who has every reason to lie. Do you have all the evidence? Let me know when you do and then we can discuss it. A biased, one-sided story doesn't mean anything other than that her boyfriend is upset and will do anything, including lie, to try to relieve his grief.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So it would then be the fault of the black person killed by the police because the were uncooporative.
Lol no. That’s some crazy logic. No more than it’s the fault of any victim for “setting off” an abuser.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Yeah because you know more than the eyewitness of course.
I don't, but the eyewitness is completely biased and has reason to lie. Where's the rest of the evidence? What other eyewitnesses? Did they provide all the eyewitness accounts? Are there any unbiased witnesses or just the victim's fiance?

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,402.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Just offering one possibility. She could have been more careful for her own safety.

Uh huh.

For example, it's never right for someone to rob a person, but that doesn't mean I'm going to walk down a street with hundred-dollar bills hanging out of all my pockets. If I were to get mugged and robbed, it wouldn't be right but it would be my actions that set things in motion.

Hmmm...

There are many different views by the different people involved.

Possibly.

We haven't heard from every witness.

Sure.

We won't know what the real reason is why she was killed, we can only speculate.

Uh huh...speculate.

I don't see why a BLM person would kill her, it was just some crazy person who picked her randomly as I see it.

Well forgive me for doubting your judgment in this case....

Father, son arrested and charged in killing of Ahmaud Arbery, GBI says

Here's a recent case where you were certain that the motive was racism. You didn't have any evidence for it. You didn't have the story from the shooter's point of view. You had a bunch of evidence that it was about a potential robbery....but you ignored all that because the shooter was white and the victim was black. You go on to repeat this assertion for several pages....

Now in this new case, you have an eyewitness who is claiming to have been at the scene and says it was racially motivated (and I'll admit, he could be biased, he could be wrong) and you won't even entertain the possibility that this was a racist hate crime.

Why the double standard? Is it just because the victim is white? Why do you automatically assume racism when the victim is black (in spite of evidence) but automatically deny racism when the victim is white (in spite of evidence)?

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
False narrative, because blacks are no more in pain or hurt than any other race.
Is that what people mean when they say “all lives matter,” that they think “blacks are no more in pain or hurt than any other race?”

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
i don't understand Americans any more or the whole world for that matter

This par for the course for a paradigm shift: specifically, the change from global capitalism --> full globalism --> corporatism. It is just that America is getting exploited by rudimentary destabilization tactics because the nation is so young and ignorant of history in general.

What is happening in America is just a little shift in global power through the vector of American prejudice and racism. The fact that the rest of the world can chant, "Black Lives Matter" and understand the context, but Americans can't understand it for the sake of their own citizen is why it is so easy to destabilize the States. It has been an almost 80 year process, but it finally worked in favor of those foreign nations that never stopped trying.

It's true that if you find a weakness, you exploit it until the whole thing finally falls. How many civil rights movements, legislation and cultural paradigms have there been in America's 244 year lifetime? This is "easy peasy" to recognize for nations that have been through this already, but hard for nations/citizens that are still relative babies, and fresh in their prejudices against their own citizens.

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Is that what people mean when they say “all lives matter,” that they think “blacks are no more in pain or hurt than any other race?”

It's a threat to the privilege many know they have at the expense of others. It's that simple.

Otherwise, why does the rest of the world understand the context, but Americans cant understand the context with respect to their own citizens? The alternative means blacks really were invisible in the States - that they really were ignored all this time as they have claimed. How could citizens be so apathetic of their own citizens fighting alone for their rights, but foreigners know and understand them - even like them?

Upvote 0