Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Well forgive me for doubting your judgment in this case....

Father, son arrested and charged in killing of Ahmaud Arbery, GBI says

Here's a recent case where you were certain that the motive was racism. You didn't have any evidence for it. You didn't have the story from the shooter's point of view. You had a bunch of evidence that it was about a potential robbery....but you ignored all that because the shooter was white and the victim was black. You go on to repeat this assertion for several pages....

Now in this new case, you have an eyewitness who is claiming to have been at the scene and says it was racially motivated (and I'll admit, he could be biased, he could be wrong) and you won't even entertain the possibility that this was a racist hate crime.

Why the double standard? Is it just because the victim is white? Why do you automatically assume racism when the victim is black (in spite of evidence) but automatically deny racism when the victim is white (in spite of evidence)?
There's video of this case so it's clear to me what happened. Do you have video of the case in the OP? I didn't think so.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is that what people mean when they say “all lives matter,” that they think “blacks are no more in pain or hurt than any other race?”
I assume they mean no life is more important than any other. But that's a reasonable assumption. There's only one race as we all all the same blood.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟552,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Only being killed by a cop can happen to all races and does and there's no indication that Floyd was killed because he was black, in fact, no indication that his death was anything but an accident.

You don’t accidentally kneel on somebody’s neck for 8.5 minutes, especially when they’re motionless for several of those minutes.

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟143,012.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's not a crime to carry and pass fake cash. It's certainly not something the cops would be called for and that the person would be arrested. I should know, I've been in that position. George Floyd was obviously targeted by the cops for being black. He did nothing to warrant any of their treatment of him, much less their killing him. It will be proven in court, you'll see.

But the woman in the OP cleary was trying to provoke and we don't know the whole story as to what she did to physically threaten her attacker. It sounds like it was a self-defense situation.
Its not a crime to say "all lives matter" either. Here you say that Floyd was, "obviously targeted because he was black". Really? How do you know. Was there a confession of racist intent? Now again apply this logic to your statements?

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟552,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No you wouldn't. Not if it meant your life. But you seem to think it's ok that a woman is killed for having an opinion. Very un American of you.
Again: there's no proof that's why she got shot, people can make this claim as often as they like, but every time they do the response should always be: prove it.
tulc(knows "wanting it to be true to support an agenda" doesn't actually make it true) :sorry:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟831,167.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Right now is not a good time for people. It's not a good time to be around them. It's not a good time to be one. A lot is going on, but I'm thinking the common denominator is people. Wear your mask and stay away from people.

• Agree
Reactions: Kaon
Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You don’t accidentally kneel on somebody’s neck for 8.5 minutes, especially when they’re motionless for several of those minutes.
If they were trying to kill him they wouldn't have had the knee on the side or back of the neck where he could still breath; and there is no way of knowing if he had pressure on his neck that entire time. When they killed Tony Timpa, they had their knee on him for 14 minutes. When he died, it was obvious from the police cam that killing him was not their intention. I'm sure the same could be said for Floyd.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟143,012.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lol no. That’s some crazy logic. No more than it’s the fault of any victim for “setting off” an abuser.
Agreed. No more fault than the woman who was shot after saying "all lives matter". Or the girl who was killed because her mother drove through a BLM barrier.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
  • Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟552,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
If they were trying to kill him they wouldn't have had the knee on the side or back of the neck where he could still breath; and there is no way of knowing if he had pressure on his neck that entire time. When they killed Tony Timpa, they had their knee on him for 14 minutes. When he died, it was obvious from the police cam that killing him was not their intention. I'm sure the same could be said for Floyd.

Are you familiar with the term “depraved indifference”?

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟143,012.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
People are accidentally shot all the time. In this case, it sounds like it easily could be that she was shot in self-defense.
Accidently shot three times? The problem is that because this wasn't a black woman shot by a white cop, you are making excuses for your lack of outrage.

Upvote 0