Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Nah, if people have the right to march around and proclaim their belief that black lives matter, she has every right to proclaim her beliefs.
When did I say she didn't have a right to say what she wants? She had the right to march around and say anything she wants. Perhaps you accidentally replied to my post instead of someone else's who was saying she had no right to say what she wants?

She's the victim of a racist murderer in a racist hate crime....and it's pretty disgusting that anyone would try to defend the racists who did this.
Why do you think it was racist? Do you have any proof? Why does everything have to be racist? A lot of people kill people for many other reasons - nothing in this story indicates it was a racially motivated attack. We don't even know if the victim was black herself. This sounds like a random killing which happens all the time. The killer could have been after money. It may have been accidental or self-defense for all we know. It's likely she not only said something but made a threatening move, so it's self-defense if the killer felt their life was in danger.

• Agree
Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
No. In a free country with a constitutional right to free speech, nobody should live in fear of exercising their free speech. Would you have the same response if a group of white supremacists shot and killed a black woman for saying "Black lives matter"? Absolutely not. You would be right there screaming racial injustice.
Where did I say she should have lived in fear or not had free speech? I never said such a thing. Perhaps you may have me confused for another poster who said that?

Also how do you know she was killed for saying what she said? We don't know all the details. She may have made a threatening move against someone and the killer used self defense. It's one thing to say what you want as free speech but you can't threaten people physically while you're saying it and get away with the physical attack.

• Agree
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It's basically the old "if she wasn't wearing those clothes she wouldn't have provoked that rapist" argument.
I didn't write anything about rape, you may be thinking of a different post by someone else.

• Agree
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Really? By whom? Most blacks that are killed are killed by other blacks, so that doesn't make sense.
By cops and/or racists. Like George Floyd, etc.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Should George Floyed remained silent too or perhaps if he wasn't walking around with those fake bills he wouldn't have gotten himself killed? Do you not see how absurd your comments are?
George Floyd did remain silent, he didn't say "Black Lives Matter" or anything about racism or against the police. He complied with them. He complained that he couldn't breathe when they were choking him to death, but anyone would do that. He did choose to behave in the best way possible to avoid even an unfair death. Unfortunately, the cop who killed him was intent on killing him that day no matter what.

As for fake bills, they aren't supposed to call the police or arrest you for that. I should know, it happened to me, but as a white man in a suit they did not call the police or have me arrested, they handled it the correct way.

Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
A woman said "all lives matter" and was killed for it. Does it really matter if the murder was or wasn't with BLM? The point of the OP was that merely saying "all lives matter" can get you killed.
she may have had pizza for diner earlier that night. it's equally true to say that eating pizza can get you killed

Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To the best of my knowledge, the riots and looting were not actually tied to BLM. I for one do not think they were responsible.
Let's see, they took place during protests by people carrying BLM signs, but there's no connection. Right.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
By cops and/or racists. Like George Floyd, etc.
Only being killed by a cop can happen to all races and does and there's no indication that Floyd was killed because he was black, in fact, no indication that his death was anything but an accident.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
George Floyd did remain silent, he didn't say "Black Lives Matter" or anything about racism or against the police. He complied with them. He complained that he couldn't breathe when they were choking him to death, but anyone would do that. He did choose to behave in the best way possible to avoid even an unfair death. Unfortunately, the cop who killed him was intent on killing him that day no matter what.
Right, because the cop woke up that morning and decided to kill a black dude. C'mon, you really need to think about this. It was an accidental death and had nothing to do with race.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A woman said "all lives matter" and was killed for it.
...so they did catch someone and they did say they shot her because she said all lives matter? Do you have a link to where they confessed to that? Because until you have that all you really know is she got shot and killed. Anything else is just people speculating and using her death to advance their own agenda.

Does it really matter if the murder was or wasn't with BLM?
Apparently it matters a great deal to the person in the OP. Because he's pushing that as hard as he can and simply ignoring the fact that's there's no actual evidence that's what happened. :wave:

The point of the OP was that merely saying "all lives matter" can get you killed.
Which is a point that the OP fails to make. :sorry:
tulc(in spite of their desperate attempt to make people believe it does) :wave:

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
GTAW wonders why anyone wouldn't. Never seen a Marxist that was not trying to advance a Marxist agenda wherever they got themselves involved.
Again: so? I guess what I'm waiting for is a reason why that would mean that black lives don't matter. Or make the whole movement questionable. :sorry:
tulc(just a thought)

Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Only being killed by a cop can happen to all races and does and there's no indication that Floyd was killed because he was black, in fact, no indication that his death was anything but an accident.
I'm sure that being on meth and other narcotics as well as being in poor health and testing positive for Covid-19 had absolutely nothing to do with his mental state and his resisting arrest and his dying...
Sure, it was all about the knee on his neck.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Again: so? I guess what I'm waiting for is a reason why that would mean that black lives don't matter. Or make the whole movement questionable.
Because the movement isn't about black lives. It's about causing unrest to bring about political change.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Silmarien

Existentialist
Feb 24, 2017
New York
✟215,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Let's see, they took place during protests by people carrying BLM signs, but there's no connection. Right.

Not that I've heard of. I know there were a couple of Antifa people arrested, and some alt-right provocateurs as well. I've heard that organized crime was involved, and I suspect that the shutdown from Covid-19 itself contributed to a backlash of craziness from any number of random actors.

If you have evidence of a direct connection, please present it. Seriously, it wouldn't be the first time this month that a conservative conspiracy theory ended up being true, but accusations like that should be backed up.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,179.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
When did I say she didn't have a right to say what she wants?

You must've misspoke when you said this then...

it's her own action that set things in motion.

Clearly you didn't intend to suggest she was responsible in any way for the injustice done to her.

Why do you think it was racist? Do you have any proof?.

The account given by those involved is pretty compelling. If you have some evidence to the contrary, I'll gladly take a look.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,179.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I didn't write anything about rape, you may be thinking of a different post by someone else.

No...you made the same victim blaming argument.

I'm sure you understand what an analogy is.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

As for fake bills, they aren't supposed to call the police or arrest you for that. I should know, it happened to me, but as a white man in a suit they did not call the police or have me arrested, they handled it the correct way.
It doesn't matter. Based on your responses, this is the direction you are going. We can just as well say that George Floyd's death was his own fault because he was carrying fake bills. It he hadn't been carrying the fake cash, he would still be alive right now. Now, as ridiculous as that statement sounds, it follows your logic that it was the woman's fault she was killed because she said all lives mattered.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0