Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
By the way, break out the blender or mixer for these dressings.
Yikes, I just bought one but it is like a lawn mower, cut anything down. Dangerous for old ladies, lol
you might want to wait on the news til tomorrow or you might have nightmares.
sweet dreams:)

• Friendly
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

HisCrossMyPeace

Jul 6, 2020
Western Norway
✟36,009.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Salad dressings without sugar/starch and maximum a teaspoon of oil, alllivesmatter? OK, here we go, but first an explanation: Norway has a milk product named (seter)rømme. Exactly equal has never been sourced by me outside Norway/Iceland, but Creme Fraiche 35-40 % is an excellent subsitute. Add 2-3 drops of sour lemon juice pr cup and it’s even more excellent.

Then some receipes, let’s start with the easiest and “standard” for carrot salat in Norway: Lemon juice and water 2:1, a pinch of salt and two pinches of coarsly ground black pepper.

Mint dressing
One cup of yoghurt naturel, 1/2 tablespoon freshly and finely chopped mint, 1/3 teaspoon salt. Mix and store cold for 1-2 hours.

Apple dressing
One teaspoon of oil into a pan, heat deacent and add one tablespoon of dry mustard seed. Fry on maximum heat until seed starts to “pop” like popcorn. Cool and mix with one cup of yoghurt naturel, and one medium sour green apple (coarsly grated or finely chopped). Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt, mix well and chill for min two hours

Parsley dressing
One cup of yoghurt naturel, four tablespoons of finely chopped parsley and (may be) one small teaspoon of honey. Mix well, add salt/pepper to taste and chill for min two hours

Summer dressing
One box (about 1.2 cups) rømme or substitute, 1 dl (about 7 table spoons) mixed fresh and finely chopped herbs, juice and finely grated peel of 1/2 sweet and not to large lemon. Mix well, add salt/pepper to taste and chill overnight Suitable herbs: Parsley, coriander, thyme,oregano, basil, celery leaves etc, but rember always two or three diffent suitable together Orange (not to sweet) may substitue lemon - but that means easter and not summer i Norway...

Garlic dressing
One box (se above) rømme/substitute,two clowes of garlic (finlye chopped), three tablespoons of parsley (finely chopped), 1/4 tablespon of salt and 1/4 tablesponn of black coarsly grated pepper. Mix well, chill overnight

Spicy Middle East dressing
Onte cup of yoghurt naturel, 1 1/2 tablespoon of finely chopped red onion, 1-2 clowes of finely chopped garlic, five tablespoon of fresh chopped basil, 1/2 tablespoon of lemon uice, 1/2 tablespoon of cumin, 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil. Mix well, taste with salt/pepper and chill overnight

Selbu-dressing
110 grams/4 oz of Selbu/other strong blue chese, mix with fork into one cup of rømme/substitute and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Taste with lemon and chill over night.

Mustard dressing
One cup of yoghurt natuerel, 3 tablespoons of mustard (preferable Dijon, coarsly grinded), a teaspoon of mustard and (may be) a tablespoon of finely chopped mango. Salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste, chill at least three hours

School dressing (developed by grade 5-7 in a rural Norwegian school)
Seven tablespoons of kesam (naturel) 1/2 tablespoon of strong/sweet mustard, 1/2 tablespoon of apple vinegar, one small finely chopped red chilli, one clove of finely chopped garlic. Specially created forthis salad (planned to serve in wholegrain pita bread): One pound of oven-baked salmon or trout filet, 1/2 large cucumber (diced) two large tomatoes (diced), 12 oz of corn, 1/3 large Beijing cabbage, 1/3 large green finely chopped bell pepper and one small coarsly chopped red onion.

Got some ideas?

Edit: Corrected one "tea spoones" to "table spoons"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,679,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Salad dressings without sugar/starch and maximum a teaspoon of oil, alllivesmatter? OK, here we go, but first an explanation: Norway has a milk product named (seter)rømme. Exactly equal has never been sourced by me outside Norway/Iceland, but Creme Fraiche 35-40 % is an excellent subsitute. Add 2-3 drops of sour lemon juice pr cup and it’s even more excellent.

Then some receipes, let’s start with the easiest and “standard” for carrot salat in Norway: Lemon juice and water 2:1, a pinch of salt and two pinches of coarsly ground black pepper.

Mint dressing
One cup of yoghurt naturel, 1/2 tablespoon freshly and finely chopped mit, 1/3 teaspoon salt. Mix and store cold for 1-2 hours.

Apple dressing
One teaspoon of oil into a pan, heat deacent and add one tablespoon of dry mustard seed. Fry on maximum heat until seed starts to “pop” like popcorn. Cool and mix with one cup of yoghurt naturel, and one medium sour green apple (coarsly grated or finely chopped). Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt, mix well and chill for min two hours

Parsley dressing
One cup of yoghurt naturel, four tablespoons of finely chopped parsley and (may be) one small teaspoon of honey. Mix well, add salt/pepper to taste and chill for min two hours

Summer dressing
One box (about 1.2 cups) rømme or substitue, 1 dl (about 7 teaspoons mixed fresh and finely chopped herbs, juice and finely grated peel of 1/2 sweet and not to large lemon. Mix well, add salt/pepper to taste and chill overnight Suitable herbs: Parsley, coriander, thyme,oregano, basil, celery leaves etc, but rember always two or three diffent suitable together Orange (not to sweet) may substitue lemon - but that means easter and not summer i Norway...

Garlic dressing
One box (se above) rømme/substitue,two clowes of garlic (finlye chopped), three tablespoons of parsley (finely chopped), 1/4 tablespon of salt and 1/4 tablesponn of black coarsly grated pepper. Mix well, chill overnight

Spicy Middle East dressing
Onte cup of yoghurt naturel, 1 1/2 tablespoon of finely chopped red onion, 1-2 clowes of finely chopped garlic, five tablespoon of fresh chopped basil, 1/2 tablespoon of lemon uice, 1/2 tablespoon of cumin, 1/2 teaspoon olive oil. Mix well, taste with salt/pepper and chill overnight

Selbu-dressing
110 grams/4 oz of Selbu/other strong blue chese, mix with fork into one cup of rømme/substitute and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Taste with lemon and chill over night.

Mustard dressing
One cup of yoghurt natuerel, 3 tablespoons of mustard type (preferable Dijon, coursly grinded), a teaspoon of mustard and (may be) a tablespoon of finely chopped mango. Salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste, chill at least three hours

School dressing (developed by grade 5-7 in a rural Norwegian school)
Seven tablespoons of kesam (naturel) 1/2 tablespoon of strong/sweet mustard, 1/2 tablespoon of apple vinegar, one small finely chopped red chilli, one clove of finely chopped garlic. Specially created forthis salad (planned to serve in wholegrain pita bread): One pound of oven-baked salmon or trout filet, 1/2 large cucumber (diced) two large tomatoes (diced), 12 oz of corn, 1/3 large Beijing cabbage, 1/3 large green finely chopped bell pepper and one small coarsly chopped red onion.

Got some ideas?
Nice! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟354,035.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Goodness! Another wonderful chef! You two should put your heads together and start a company making all these wonderful dressings. I just know there are scads of people like me that can't have most dressings on the market for many reasons and don't have for many reasons the where with all to make them either. Can you imagine if you produced these all very healthy dressings that won't do the damage the commercial products do how much they would be appreciated?. Not to mention the weight they would lose. Some words I guess need translated but if I attempt the recipes I will wing it.
Thanks so much for all the trouble you and Michie have gone to to answer my request. I really do appreciate them and am sorry I have been wearing Michie out with all my requests of her.
Bless you both!
I do hope you will take me seriously about producing them for sale. No one has ever attempted it. I realize a huge task, probably why no one has done it.:)

• Friendly
Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟354,035.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
My notepad is overflowing:) As Michie probably knows, I will attempt the easiest first. I have always thought using yoghurt might be an easy way to make dressings but don't have the ingenius for it, lol.
The words in bold were flagged and I looked both up. Both are accurate but yogurt can be spelled both ways, curious.

Last edited:
Upvote 0