Chattanooga
✟16,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Which explains why we still have "do not take God's name in vain" -- even though it is a command not "repeated" in the NT

================================

I am glad these Sunday sources all affirm ALL Ten - of the Ten Commandments for Christians.

The Baptist Confession of Faith,
the Westminster Confession of Faith ,
D.L. Moody,
R.C Sproul,
Matthew Henry,
Thomas Watson
Eastern Orthodox Catechism
The Catholic Catechism. :groupray:

And of course 7th day groups

Seventh-day Baptists
Seventh-day Adventists
(and 100's of others)

Much is lost in translation and in the Hebrew it is closer to as Young's has it

"Thou dost not..." more descriptive and less imperative or as if were a prediction...

the 10 sayings or Words describe I AM and the WHERE I AM which we were originally made to live by...a lifestyle with Him...but we were banned from it...

They remain though as He is Holy and we are to be "that where I am there ye may be also"

and Where I AM is this then:

Where I AM there is no other god
Where I AM there is no images to worship
Where I AM my Name is used properly
Where I AM hierarchy and elders honored
Where I AM there is NO killing no need to
Where I AM there is NO adultery ditto
Where I AM there is NO stealing you have everything
Where I AM there is NO LYING but truth
Where I AM there is NO coveting why would you?

Did I miss any? Oh yeah...

Where I AM the Sabbath rest remains...for His people...a sabbatismos

Which in the DEFAULT LIFESTYLE Adam received...his first full day in that Adamic covenant age was a day of rest UNEARNED and undeserved...

Just like the Second Adam's first full day in the New Covenant age was also a rest in the tomb undeservedly...and then He was refreshed

HalleluYah...

People are too hung up on the commandments being an instructional guide HOW TO TO BE SAVED or GET TO HEAVEN....a works based chore...

forgetting Adam DID nothing to receive the Sabbath rest...Israel was saved and then given the Law...it a delight to David and not burdensome for those that Love Him...

for me the commandments are like an Owner's Manual to the salvation and new life I have inherited by faith from Him..."do this and live" to maintain and maximize my more abundant life in Him...

Last edited:
Upvote 0