Rick Joyner, Roberts Liardon, Jesse Duplantis (sp?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iffy

Feb 6, 2002
Brisbane
Visit site
✟15,549.00
Faith
Protestant
Hi, I just checked the thread 'Ppl Who Write Bks About Divine Revelations' and agree very much with all who posted there.

What about Rick Joyner, Roberts Liardon and Jesse D?

I have looked at books by the first two and heard of the last.

The first two guys have VERY active ministries. I am dubious about the first because of the visions he saw. Roberts Liardon does give a lot of detail about what heaven is like too...when he was taken up as a kid. And, I read his book when I was a kid.

What do you people think of these three who saw visions of heaven? What do you know of them?

Iffy

Feb 6, 2002
Brisbane
Visit site
✟15,549.00
Faith
Protestant
Originally posted by camaro540
Jesse Duplantis
As funny as he is, he is still a false teacher.
I've never heard of the others.

Patrick

Patrick, can you elaborate? I used to share house with a guy who lent me Rick Joyner's 'The Quest', raved about it...and he too told me about Jesse and was wildly excited about Jesse's visions of heaven. I was wary because at that time I was receiving false teachings from someone and thus had gone to the book of Revelation to see what God had to say.

This is why I am suspicious of all these prophetic ministries around. Yet they are very active. And people seem to be buying into them.

Upvote 0

camaro540

Jan 28, 2002
Visit site
✟15,744.00
Faith
Messianic
Hi again Iffy

I'm sorry, but I just don't buy into, or buy any books
from anyone. I rely souly on God for my understanding.
I will watch and listen to what someone has to say, but
if it doesn't line up with the word of God, then I
forget about them.

I guess, the bottom line for me with Jesse, is he
teaches a "pre-trib" rapture, and that is false.

Don't get me wrong, I think the guy can be very funny at
times, but that doesn't take away false teaching, and
leading people astray.

Patrick

Upvote 0

rollinTHUNDER

Veteran
Dec 30, 2001
Central Florida USA
Visit site
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
You people worry too much about things that don't even matter. If you are post-trib, and the Lord suddenly raptures the church before the trib, then what have you lost?? Nothing, unless you weren't ready.
If you are pre-trib and the Lord takes us half way through the trib, that still won't change your salvation. We shouldn't be judging the brethren, if we do, then we will be judged according to the same measure that we judged someone else. What good can possibly come out of such non-sense, I can only see division that can be created??

The most important thing that we can do is - BE READY! !

Upvote 0

rollinTHUNDER

Veteran
Dec 30, 2001
Central Florida USA
Visit site
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Sorry about that Camero540,
After reading what I wrote last night, it does sound a little harsh. I hope you will forgive me brother, and realize that I didn't mean it the way it reads.

It was funny though, that when I got off the computer last night, you'll never believe who was on the christian channel I turned on. Jesse Duplantis, thats right. And if that's not enough, he quoted the very same scripture that I just finished on the computer about judging others.

It's really weird how things like that happen, and they happen all the time. A lot of times I'll be talking with my wife about something, and then we'll turn on the tv, and they are talking about the same thing. Or, we will go to church, and our pastor will preach the same thing. There are just too many coincidences to be coincidences, something must be happening here. I have noticed that this has been happening more frequently the last year or so. Even when the Lord wanted me to share that thread "WHERE IS AMERICA IN THE LAST DAYS?". Would you believe that I didn't even have to look none of that information up?? It was like God just put it right in my lap. How could I know that there was over 280,000,000 in America, and that about 69% had mortgages. I didn't have to research one thing at all. I came right from the news on tv. Something is going on. Go figure. Does anyone else out there have this kind of stuff happening to you?? Even my wife notices it, and it happens all the time. Can anyone else give me some feed back on this?? It sure is odd.

Upvote 0

camaro540

Jan 28, 2002
Visit site
✟15,744.00
Faith
Messianic
Hi RollinT

No worries brother.
My wife and I have these things happen on a daily basis as
well. I believe sooner or later, there will be a bunch of us
coming together in understanding. Remember, we are all
given different gifts from God, and it's to help draw us
together.

Couple thing's that I'm for sure of.

1) Watch the computer chip thing.
2) Keep an eye on Israel.
3) Keep your eye's pealed one Prince Charles of Wales.
4) And any laws past that would go against anything Jesus
stands for, or has taught.

Patrick

Upvote 0

Josephus

<b>Co-Founder Christian Forums</b>
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2000
Kerbal Space Center
✟150,343.00
Faith
Messianic
I've heard and read of them all. I simply say in regards to their visions and words, to test it according to the fruits of the spirit, and in accordance to the Word of God. I venture to say that 60% of what Rick Joyner and Roberts Liardon says is worth hanging on to, and that 30% of what Duplantis talks about is worth listening to and remembering.

As with all things, take all things to be as worth as a grain of salt unless it comes directly from the Word of God and resonates with your spirit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Iffy

Feb 6, 2002
Brisbane
Visit site
✟15,549.00
Faith
Protestant
Originally posted by Josephus
I venture to say that 60% of what Rick Joyner and Roberts Liardon says is worth hanging on to, and that 30% of what Duplantis talks about is worth listening to and remembering.

How do you come up with those numbers? What I'm saying is, I want 100% before I am satisfied. I suppose my 'all or nothing' attitude is immature but I can't help thinking that should be the way. Not that those people or any other in ministry ought to be perfect. But I feel those people have a heavier responsibility and accountability.

Serving God's people as a pastor is different from someone who says 'God told me to tell you...'

How can you trust someone who says 'God told me to tell you...' when half the time they're wrong. Do you take the other half -- the prophecies which come true -- and ignore the ones which didn't come true. Do we pick and choose?

Or do we say....they are not who they say they are.

Will God allow someone to speak on his behalf (ie God told me to tell you) when half the time they speak in His name wrongly?

Upvote 0

Iffy

Feb 6, 2002
Brisbane
Visit site
✟15,549.00
Faith
Protestant
Originally posted by camaro540

I guess, the bottom line for me with Jesse, is he
teaches a "pre-trib" rapture, and that is false.

Patrick

So that's why you say he is a 'false teacher'? I don't think so. People have their own interpretations but that doesn't make them false teachers. As long as they say...this is my interpretation, it should be ok.

Upvote 0

Josephus

<b>Co-Founder Christian Forums</b>
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2000
Kerbal Space Center
✟150,343.00
Faith
Messianic
im talking in general. im not talking about the percentages of their prophecies. If I were to look at them, those prophecies which would be considered original to them I would count them as probably %100 correct. What is %60 and some %30 is in reference to their interpretations of these dreams and visions, but primarily it only refers to the other stuff they just "say" without really consulting God about. No one can be %100 perfect in their speach and their thoughts because everyone is human. What one CAN be 100 percent correct in is when it's not them: when it's actually God.

Upvote 0

marmaladePRO

Dec 17, 2001
Medicine Hat Alberta, Canada
Visit site
✟1,720.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
"No one can be %100 perfect in their speach and their thoughts because everyone is human. What one CAN be 100 percent correct in is when it's not them: when it's actually God."
well said Josephus, well said.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Iffy

Feb 6, 2002
Brisbane
Visit site
✟15,549.00
Faith
Protestant
have you read Rick Joyner's 'The Quest'...the part where he saw these stones ( in heaven) ..and one of the stones allowed him to 'feel' (/know) what Jesus went through on the cross. Too dodgy IMHO. This is not so much an interpretation of a vision. This is his description of what he did, saw and what Jesus said to him in 'heaven'.

This is as dodgy as Mary Baxter's trip to hell where she claimed Jesus left here there to experience the tortures of hell so that she can write about them. When she called on the name of Jesus, she was not delivered. Neither were the demons afraid at the name of Jesus.

Upvote 0
One last thought on that 100 percent thing. Even Peter, many years after the ascension of Jesus, fell into error in his teaching/behavior to the point that Paul had to publicly correct him. This error did not minimize Peter's contribution or make him an heretic or apostate. It does prove that a sincere Christian, despite divine inspiration and guidance, can still make mistakes. Those mistakes do not make one a false teacher.

Upvote 0

Iffy

Feb 6, 2002
Brisbane
Visit site
✟15,549.00
Faith
Protestant
Originally posted by Willis Deal
One last thought on that 100 percent thing. Even Peter, many years after the ascension of Jesus, fell into error in his teaching/behavior to the point that Paul had to publicly correct him. This error did not minimize Peter's contribution or make him an heretic or apostate. It does prove that a sincere Christian, despite divine inspiration and guidance, can still make mistakes. Those mistakes do not make one a false teacher.

Sorry I wasn't clear in what I was saying. I think it is because I don't understand this very much so it is hard for me to articulate it. By 100% I mean, his prophecies. Prophecies are from God or so the prophets say. Teaching/behaviour are of/from man.

Upvote 0

Iffy

Feb 6, 2002
Brisbane
Visit site
✟15,549.00
Faith
Protestant
Originally posted by Josephus
im talking in general. im not talking about the percentages of their prophecies. If I were to look at them, those prophecies which would be considered original to them I would count them as probably %100 correct. What is %60 and some %30 is in reference to their interpretations of these dreams and visions, but primarily it only refers to the other stuff they just "say" without really consulting God about. No one can be %100 perfect in their speach and their thoughts because everyone is human. What one CAN be 100 percent correct in is when it's not them: when it's actually God.

I am not interested so much in their human behaviour/teachings/interpretations for now. I am talking about their visions by themselves and their prophecies. Though I have to admit that I don't know this in depth and much of what I know was told to me and was what I read of on websites.

I can't remember who, but one of them (Rick/Jesse) told of meeting Paul in heaven and he told of how he had talked to Paul about some part of Scripture Paul had written, disagreed with it...and Paul had admitted that he had written that part wrongly.

As I do not know specific details and am only recalling bits and pieces, I feel that we need to look specifically into what they claimed instead of knowing what they are about. And for that, there are quite a few websites on that on the Internet already.

What I really want to know is, if what I said is true...that Rick saw things in heaven extra to what is revealed in the Bible, and doesn't sit in with the Bible..then it is not right. If he has prophesises (?) and it doesn't come true...what does that mean?

Men are not perfect but if God is working throught them..then the work they do for God should be 100% right if they are being used by God.

I realise that my ignorance of prophetic gifts and so on hamper me from asking questions clearly but I hope someone understands what I am asking and can help clear up my questions.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.