Revelation 20:1-8, Why Is Satan Currently Bound & Sealed?

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟110,016.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have shown that Romans 8:3 "the sons of God" is the same as Job 38:17, same Holy Spirit writing in Greek and Hebrew. We will disagree.

The word Angel(s) is used throughout the old testament.

You did not copy my quote and answer with your not shy, you believe it?

I will presume you believe the teaching of the Nephilim?

Genesis 6:4

Angels having sexual intercourse with humans, that produces giants.

This teaching is from Mythology and not found in scripture.

Matthew 22:30 clearly teaches the Angels are not given in marriage. The sex act is when two become one flesh, joined together and the definition of marriage.

Will God have his Angels running around earth, having unmarried sexual intercourse (Fornication)

Do angels have sex drives, prostate glands, and sperm?

As clearly seen, "The Sons Of God" seen in Genesis 6:4 are human men.
Go to my thread on this topic and I will address any questions you raise.

• Informative
Reactions: Riberra
Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Rev.12:7-17 events are of the same timing. Satan and his angels being cast down to the earth in those verses was not... about his first casting down. This is why tribulation events (like the 5th Seal persecution of the saints) is mentioned in conjunction with it. Furthermore, even the youngest Bible student should be able to use common sense and know that Christ's Salvation was not offered yet when Satan was first cast out of heaven in the time of old, for that was even before the time of Adam and Eve.

Rev 12:9-12
9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Like Riberra showed, this particular casting out of heaven is for the end of this world, and is linked to after Christ's first coming, death and resurrection. The idea is Satan being cast literally out of the heavenly and not able to appear before God's Throne anymore.

Many apparently do not understand the difference between God's Heavenly Abode and the abode of hell in relation to the idea of the heavenly dimension. Two different dimensions of existence in God's Word, this earthly one, and the heavenly one.

God's Abode is in the heavenly dimension behind a veil.
Satan's abode is also in the heavenly dimension behind a veil.
The abode of the wicked called hell or Hades, is also in the heavenly dimension behind a veil.

Even when God's Abode, or Satan's abode, or Hades (hell) where the rich man of Luke 16 was is being spoken of, they all are in the same heavenly dimension behind a veil. That is where God's angels also are, and where Satan's angels are.

When this event of Rev.12:7 forward happens, Satan and his angels will literally be cast out of the heavenly dimension and into our earthly dimension. That is the meaning of their place being no more found in heaven, meaning literally out of the heavenly dimension (Rev.12:8).

Daniel 12:1 reveals that when this war in heaven happens when Michael stands up (i.e., makes a stand), then a time of trouble such that never was since there was a nation will come, pointing to the time of "great tribulation" our Lord Jesus foretold in Matthew 24.

Dan 12:1
12:1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

KJV

This is why the very end of this world will be a time of great tribulation upon Christ's Church, even when the rest of the world will think peace and safety has finally come upon this earth. It's because the devil and his angels are literally coming into our world in plain sight, and will work the great signs and wonders our Lord Jesus and His Apostles warned us about. The majority of the world will believe those great signs and wonders, and will worship the devil thinking he is God. Those in Christ Jesus are not to, and even accept being killed as a better option than bowing in worship to the false messiah or taking his mark or image.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You have made the assumption the beast here is satan himself, I disagree.

I see the beast as a man (antichrist , under the command or control of satan ) not satan himself.

It is your belief that a man was or is in the bottomless pit and this man will come up out of the bottomless pit?

Is there any other place in scripture where we find a human coming out of the bottomless pit?

When the bottomless pit is mentioned in other passages, who do we find in the bottomless pit?

Rev 11:7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

Rev_9:1 And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.
(Who has the keys to hell in the verse below?)

(Rev_1:18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.)

Rev_9:2 And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.

Rev_9:11 And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.

Rev_17:8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

Rev_20:1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

Rev_20:3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟110,016.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It is your belief that a man was or is in the bottomless pit and this man will come up out of the bottomless pit?

Great question! I like you do not have all of the answers, so I will state what I do see in scripture.

1. First and most relevant to this point is:

Revelation 16:13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.

Satan is not the beast, the dragon is satan. Both had unclean spirits so man in the everyday definition may not be the best description, it was my failure to clarify that.

2. Revelation 11:7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

You are correct this does not say the beast is a man, but based on Revelation 16:13 IMHO we cannot say the beast is satan either.

3. Revelation 13:1-4 the beast is a leader and verse 1-4 use “him”

4 Revelation 13:4 satan gave the beast (him) his power. The beast is not satan.

5. Revelation 13:11-12 we have another beast also not satan although he spake as the dragon (satan) also a “him”

6. Revelation 13:14- 17 more reference to the beast as “He” or “him”.

7. Revelation 13:18 666 the number of a “MAN”

8. Revelation 14:9-11 “his image, and receive his mark” “his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name”

9. Revelation 15:2 “over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name”

I think from the above scripture we can safely say the beast is a “him” with an unclean spirit Revelation 16:13 who was given power by the dragon “satan” “he” will have a kingdom Revelation 16:10

Is there any other place in scripture where we find a human coming out of the bottomless pit?

Not that I know of. Then again I know of no other place in scripture many of the things described in Revelation happen.

When the bottomless pit is mentioned in other passages, who do we find in the bottomless pit?

Revelation 17:8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

This passage may hold some answers for our dilemma.

Hmmm…….. was , and is not, and yet is. I am open to your interpretation of this. Lots of theories here, many involve an evil man who lived and died and may be brought back. I don’t know but that would solve the “him “ problem .

Rev 11:7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

Rev_9:1 And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.
(Who has the keys to hell in the verse below?)

Jesus.
(Rev_1:18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.)

Rev_9:2 And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.

Rev_9:11 And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.

Apollyon is Strong’s #623 a destroyer(i.e.) satan. Satan the king over the locust who were released from the bottomless pit not the one who is bound in the bottom less pit.

Rev_17:8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

Rev_20:1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

Rev_20:3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

We will just have to disagree if you claim Revelation 20 took place at the resurrection of Christ. I see no way to make that leap and I do not believe Revelation is in chronological order but that in my opinion a bit of a stretch. If I misunderstood and that is not your claim please correct me.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We will just have to disagree if you claim Revelation 20 took place at the resurrection of Christ. I see no way to make that leap and I do not believe Revelation is in chronological order but that in my opinion a bit of a stretch. If I misunderstood and that is not your claim please correct me.

I do not think that all of Revelation chapter 20 occurred at the resurrection of Christ.
In my humble opinion it is a description of the entire "Church Age".

Let us now deal with what I believe is the biggest problem with the Premill doctrine.

Below we have the Second Coming of Christ.

Rev 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.
(The kingdoms of this world become the kingdoms of God and Christ "forever", at the 7th trumpet. It does not say for 1,000 years, but "forever".)

Rev 11:18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

In Revelation 11:18 we find "the nations" (See Matthew 25:31-46), and "wrath", and "the time of the judgment of the dead".
We also have one group being rewarded and another group being destroyed.

Christ describes the "hour" of the bodily resurrection and judgment of "all" the dead in John 5:27-30.
This also includes the fate of two different groups.

If the "time of the judgment of the dead" is in Revelation 11:18, how can it also occur at the end of Revelation chapter 20?

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟403,460.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
Honestly, do you really believe that we're in the thousand year reign right now? Because if you do that'd take a miracle to convince me of that because none of what was described in Revelation as happening before that has happened yet, ie: the mark of the beast on people's foreheads or right hand.

Read Revelation, it will help you understand what must take place in the end times and the order those things take place.

• Agree
Reactions: discipler7
Upvote 0

GODDOG

Jan 21, 2018
Leadville
✟7,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Revelation 20:3 states satan is sealed for one specific purpose "Deceiving The Nations"

Revelation 20:8 clearly shows "Deceive The Nations" as satan deceives the nations to the final battle of Armageddon.

This same "Deceive The Nations" is seen in Revelation 16:12-17 as "Devils In Deception" go forth from the dragon/satan, beast, false prophet, to gather the same nations to battle as seen in Revelation 20:8-9

Satan is loosed at the end of the future tribulation, to perform this deception, as you clearly see satan, beast, and false prophet present.

Many falsely believe and teach this event takes place after a 1000 year kingdom, 100% false.

The non-literal 1000 years is taking place now in the Lords spiritual realm, if a future tribulation saint dies one week before the return of Jesus Christ, he enters this reign.

Revelation 16:12-17 & Revelation 20:8 are the exact same event of "Deceiving The Nations" in parallel teachings.

Its the false teaching that the book of Revelation is in chronilogical order, that keeps many from this biblical truth.

Satan is bound and sealed ftom "One Specific Purpose" that is "Deceiving The Nations" To The Final Battle.

Can Satan currently perform this "Deceiving The Nations" as seen in Revelation 16:12-17?

100% No, The Sixth Vial Must Be Poured, as this angels vial has him bound and sealed.

Many falsely teach Satan is bound from performing all evil, while a utopian 1000 year kingdom takes place? 100% False.

At no place in Revelation 20:1-8 does it state all evil is bound, a false teaching.

Once again Satan is currently bound and sealed from one specific item, "Deceiving The Nations" to the final battle seen in Revelation 16:12-17 & Revelation 20:8-9

Jesus Christ Is Lord

Truth7t7

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟93,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Honestly, do you really believe that we're in the thousand year reign right now? Because if you do that'd take a miracle to convince me of that because none of what was described in Revelation as happening before that has happened yet, ie: the mark of the beast on people's foreheads or right hand.

Read Revelation, it will help you understand what must take place in the end times and the order those things take place.
Problem appears to be, you believe the book of Revelation is written in "Chronological Order" it's not.

Upvote 0

GODDOG

Jan 21, 2018
Leadville
✟7,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
This is a great study, when Jesus returns the righteous living and dead are translated and all go to Heaven starting the 1000 yrs and at that time satan in bound in the pit meaning the barren depopulated earth, meaning he has no one living to harass, while the unrighteous living are killed by His appearing and unrighteous dead remain in the graves. Judgement for all is all ready decided and while we spend the 1000 yrs in Heaven and when its over the new city comes down, the unrighteous dead are resurrected, satan is loosed to decive once more and they try to attack the city, thus the battle of Armageddon starts and is finished all trace of sin and its effects are forever gone including the stinking devil

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟93,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is a great study, when Jesus returns the righteous living and dead are translated and all go to Heaven starting the 1000 yrs and at that time satan in bound in the pit meaning the barren depopulated earth, meaning he has no one living to harass, while the unrighteous living are killed by His appearing and unrighteous dead remain in the graves. Judgement for all is all ready decided and while we spend the 1000 yrs in Heaven and when its over the new city comes down, the unrighteous dead are resurrected, satan is loosed to decive once more and they try to attack the city, thus the battle of Armageddon starts and is finished all trace of sin and its effects are forever gone including the stinking devil
I disagree, when Jesus Christ returns, the final judgment, eternal life, eternal kingdom takes place, as Jesus clearly taught in Matthew 25:31-46

"Eternity Begins"!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟403,460.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
Problem appears to be, you believe the book of Revelation is written in "Chronological Order" it's not.

Really? You think Revelation isn't written in chronological order? And that somehow all the events that are written in order don't take place in order? Why then would it be written as such:

Revelation 5:1 "Then I saw in the right hand of him who sat on the throne..." Revelation 5:11, "Then I looked and heard the voice of many angels..." Revelation 6:1 "...Then I heard one of the four living creatures say..." Revelation 6:15, "Then the kings of the earth, the princes, the generals, the rich, the mighty, and everyone else, both slave and free, hid in caves..." Revelation 7:4, "Then I heard..." Revelation 7:13, "Then one of the elders..." Revelation 8:6, "Then..." Revelation 10:1, "Then..." Revelation 10:5, "Then..." Revelation 10:8, "Then..."

I honestly don't know where you're getting this idea that Revelation was not written with the order of events being described taking place being in chronological order but you are sadly mistaken.

As for anyone else reading this, just read your Bible and in Revelation you will see that the things being described as taking place before the 1000 year reign have not taken place yet, therefore the 1000 year reign is not taking place now and could not have taken place now. Watch out for people that try to convince you of doctrine that is not Biblical, that is a slippery slope.

As for everyone else, be vigilant and careful of what you believe and who you listen to, test everything people say with scripture, just as the Bereans did with Paul in Acts when he spoke to them, EVEN WITH PAUL they were careful to check what he said with scripture. I advise you to do the same with this particular poster.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I honestly don't know where you're getting this idea that Revelation was not written with the order of events being described taking place being in chronological order but you are sadly mistaken.

If Christ comes "as a thief" at Armageddon in Revelations 16:15-16 and He also comes in chapter 19, how can the book be in chronological order?

The same signs in the moon, sun, and stars at Christ's Second Coming in the Olivet Discourse are also found in Revelation chapter 6. (The moon does not give its light during a Blood Moon.)
At the end of chapter 6 we have some of the same characters in chapter 19, (mighty men, captains, free, and bond) hiding from the wrath of the Lamb. They would not be hiding from the wrath of the Lamb unless the Lamb were present at this point in time.

The beginning of Revelation chapter 12 contains the birth and death of Christ.

In Revelation 11:15 we find the 7th trumpet, which is the last trumpet in the Bible.
The text says this is the point when the kingdoms of this world become the kingdoms of God and Christ "forever". How long is "forever"

In Revelation 11:18 we find "the nations" (See Matthew 25:31-46), and "wrath", and the time of the judgment of the dead, with one group rewarded and another group destroyed. See John 5:27-30 for Christ's description of the bodily resurrection and judgment of "all" the dead.

How do you explain the time of the judgment of the dead at Revelation 11:18, if the book is in chronological order?

• Winner
Reactions: Truth7t7
Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟110,016.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Let us now deal with what I believe is the biggest problem with the Premill doctrine.

I am a little confused, my original post #56 in which I challenged the view that satan is currently bound has morphed into to another topic without having been fully addressed or resolved. I believe I have been extremely forthcoming in what I believe on the topic of this thread.

1. Satan is not currently bound from activity on this earth.

2. The beast of Revelation is not Satan.

With all due respect BAB why has our conversation shifted ignoring almost everything I have said on this topic and we are now focused on something else. You have ask me questions on this which I have answered to the best of my ability but those answers have been ignored.

Please help me understand.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am a little confused, my original post #56 in which I challenged the view that satan is currently bound has morphed into to another topic without having been fully addressed or resolved. I believe I have been extremely forthcoming in what I believe on the topic of this thread.

1. Satan is not currently bound from activity on this earth.

2. The beast of Revelation is not Satan.

With all due respect BAB why has our conversation shifted ignoring almost everything I have said on this topic and we are now focused on something else. You have ask me questions on this which I have answered to the best of my ability but those answers have been ignored.

Please help me understand.

Because the timing of the judgment of the dead in Revelation chapter 20 must be considered in reference to the time of the judgment of the dead in Revelation 11:18.
If they are one and the same, it reveals that Revelation chapter 20 is the entire Church Age and it also ends the argument about whether Satan is presently bound in some manner.
We have heard arguments on both sides of the binding of Satan, without much progress.
If Revelation 11:18 kills the Premill doctrine, the binding question is dead also.
However, we can return to that argument at a later point if you wish.

For the moment, lets go back to our discussion of the beast ascending from the pit.

Our recent conversation has been helpful to me.
I have done quite a bit of thinking regarding the beast that comes up out of the pit.
I believe it is Satan.
And you say it is a man.
Maybe we are both right.

Antichrist is the opposite of Christ.
Christ was both God and man at the same time.

What if antichrist is both Satan and man at the same time?

God came to earth in the form of a man to reveal the truth and to pay the sin debt for us at Calvary.

We have texts where God and Christ are both mentioned separately as God the Father and God the Son. Therefore, it would seem reasonable as you recently pointed out that Satan and the beast are not the same, in the same way that God the Father and God the Son are not exactly the same.

What if we consider Satan as the father of the antichrist?

Will Satan come to earth in the form of a man to deceive and promote sin?

Does this reveal that antichrist comes up out of the pit to deceive, just as Christ came down from heaven to reveal the truth?

Is antichrist both man and Satan?

In the New Testament there are several references to demons being cast out of humans.

Will Satan himself be the demon inside of the antichrist?

I would be interested to see your thoughts in this area.

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟110,016.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Because the timing of the judgment of the dead in Revelation chapter 20 must be considered in reference to the time of the judgment of the dead in Revelation 11:18.
If they are one and the same, it reveals that Revelation chapter 20 is the entire Church Age and it also ends the argument about whether Satan is presently bound in some manner.

Allow me to think out loud.

I have been in total agreement with you for quite a while that Revelation 11:18 speaks of the resurrection.

I believe we both agree there are events in Revelation mentioned more than one time, which lends support to the idea Revelation is not in complete chronological order.

If the coming of Christ is mentioned more than one time and the resurrection is mentioned more than one time how is it chapter 20 ends the argument about satan being bound?

Let me give a senerio to consider.

Verse 1-3 of Rev 20 are one thought prefaced by “And I saw” verses 4-10 are another thought or vision prefaced by the words “and I saw” then verses 11-15 are another thought or separate part of the vision.

I personally see no conflict here, John saw the same resurrection in Rev 20:4-6 that he saw in Rev 11:18 with just more detail given.

Why cannot Rev 19:19-21 and Rev 20: 1-3 be chronological , I see the casting of the false prophet and the beast into the lake of fire the common factor that ties the chaining of satan. But then that would lend support to my thinking the beast is not satan.

Let me say it this way what if the resurrection John saw in the vision is the same as Rev 11:18 as a recap not that it takes place after the false prophet and beast event and the chaining of satan.

I am having a tough time seeing the whole church age in Rev 20.

For the moment, lets go back to our discussion of the beast ascending from the pit.

I have done quite a bit of thinking regarding the beast that comes up out of the pit.
I believe it is Satan.

I have to disagree because of Rev 13:4 the dragon (satan) gave power to the beast

Also Rev 16:13 we have 3 distinct entities the dragon (satan) the beast and the false prophet

Rev 11:7 and Rev 17:8 clearly state the beast ascends out of the pit

IMHO you are attempting to mesh Rev 20:1-3 which clearly refers to satan, into the beast of Rev 16:13 and 13:4. I see no scriptural way to do that, but I am open to your explanation.

And you say it is a man.
Maybe we are both right.

God came to earth in the form of a man to reveal the truth and to pay the sin debt for us at Calvary.

We have texts where God and Christ are both mentioned separately as God the Father and God the Son. Therefore, it would seem reasonable as you recently pointed out that Satan and the beast are not the same, in the same way that God the Father and God the Son are not exactly the same.

Does this reveal that antichrist comes up out of the pit to deceive, just as Christ came down from heaven to reveal the truth?

This is not an unreasonable approach IMO. But to carry this to its logical conclusion for the analogy to hold up, to say satan is the beast from the pit you would have to say The Father hung on the cross, not sure you would want to take it that far. I can see satan, the beast and the false prophet being a counterfeit to the Holy Trinity, Rev 16:13.

Sorry BAB in am stuck here, satan gives the beast his power he is not the beast Rev 13:4

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟110,016.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I believe we have to consider what this passage means .

Revelation 17:8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

I still find it hard to believe that some believe satan is locked up in the pit at this time.

How can was, and is not, and yet is apply to satan?

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe we have to consider what this passage means .

I still find it hard to believe that some believe satan is locked up in the pit at this time.

How can was, and is not, and yet is apply to satan?

It applied to Christ, who was the Word before the foundation of the world, but at the time of Daniel was not yet a man.

Based on Luke 24:25-27, the whole Old Testament is about Him.

However, He was born as a man at a specific time and suffered for our sins at a specific time.

In the same way Satan, who was at the Garden of Eden, will later indwell a man known as antichrist, during a specific time.

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟93,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We have heard arguments on both sides of the binding of Satan, without much progress.
If Revelation 11:18 kills the Premill doctrine, the binding question is dead also.
However, we can return to that argument at a later point if you wish.

I believe it is Satan.
And you say it is a man.
Maybe we are both right.

In the New Testament there are several references to demons being cast out of humans.

Will Satan himself be the demon inside of the antichrist?

I believe Satan will spiritually possess the beast, as devils possessed those seen in the new testament.

In doing so he will fulfill Isaiah 14:12, and this accounts for the duplicity you see.

I believe the scripture teaches Satan and devils are spirits.

Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

Riberra

Jan 8, 2014
✟90,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Revelation 20:1-3 states satan IS sealed for one specific purpose "Deceiving The Nations"
Your way of thinking shows that you take the past tense used by John describing the event -that he saw in a VISION- as something that is already done...

Thus you must believe that what is described to happen during the Second Trumpet have also already happened ....because John use the past tense to describe the event.
Revelation 8
8 And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood; 9 and there died the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, [even] they that had life; and the third part of the ships was destroyed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Riberra

Jan 8, 2014
✟90,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It applied to Christ, who was the Word before the foundation of the world, but at the time of Daniel was not yet a man

Can you repeat that

You are saying that Jesus is the Beast that was ...and is yet to come out of the Bottomless Pit mentioned in Revelation 17:8 ???

Upvote 0