United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Look Einstein, if you act as if you are above the restrictions, then:

- the little old lady who has to go out for groceries might catch the virus from you.

- the 30 year old with cystic fibrosis who has to visit the doctor might touch a door handle that you did, forget to carefully clean their hands, and 14 days later they are dead. If you had not touched that door handle - this person would still be alive.

I didn't say I was above anything. I say open the country.

Not if they follow CDC precautions. They are now a risk to me as well if they occupy my own space. And I need to be careful around them. I don't know what they have.

Question: are these hypotheticals taking all the required precautions? Or are they expecting everyone else to accept responsibility for the own survival? Just haphazardly running around....

the 30 year old with cystic fibrosis who has to visit the doctor might touch a door handle that you did, forget to carefully clean their hands

First of all, I wear gloves, and a mask. Secondly I am not responsible for a random person forgetting to do something. That is not my fault.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Exactly! I totally agree. People can get it and not have any symptoms so they don’t know they have it. Then they go out in public and spread it to those that can’t handle the virus like the elderly or people with disease.

That is why you need to protect yourself, and stop expecting others to do it for you. Im not sick. I wear a mask and gloves. Because I realy don't feel like ending up in the hospital playing the blame game, when all I had to do is take precautions.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Personal accountability people. There are no participation trophies for this.

Stop worrying about other people. Are you doing what is necessary to protect yourself and your loved ones? Or are you honestly expecting complete strangers to protect your family for you?

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Or are you honestly expecting complete strangers to protect your family for you?
Here is what a real "follower of Jesus" would do - they would take due account of the fact that other, vulnerable people - who have to be out from time to time to take care of necessities - are not necessarily going to be perfectly protected.

Here is a what selfish %$#* would do - carry on and expect others to pay the consequences.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well you can achieve that goal with some self discipline by quarantining yourself against the outside world. My participation is not even required, for you to not leave your own house until this is over. I am not even in that equation. That is a personal choice and a decision that is solely your own.

So if you can self quarantine, achieve your goal of not coming in contact with the virus, why are you demanding I do the same? You, are already safe because you are hunkered down for several months.

No you are, you get sick and pass it on to someone that passes it to me THATS HOW THIS WORKS, you don't have the right to endanger others, and should be punished for doing so. You are just disgustingly wrong and harming others.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
No you are, you get sick and pass it on to someone that passes it to me THATS HOW THIS WORKS, you don't have the right to endanger others, and should be punished for doing so. You are just disgustingly wrong and harming others.

Then why aren't you staying in your house? What are you exposing me to? Do you even wear PPE?

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Personal accountability people. There are no participation trophies for this.

Stop worrying about other people. Are you doing what is necessary to protect yourself and your loved ones? Or are you honestly expecting complete strangers to protect your family for you?

you are the one not being personally acountable, that doesn't just mean your responsible for your own actions, but you are responsible for how your actions effect others. If you refuse to obey the rules you should be charged for it, you don't have the right to endanger others with your stupidity and ignorance.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
That is what a real "follower of Jesus" would do.

I am speaking about reality of a posed situation. Not me.

The fact of the matter it seems like some want everyone else to be responsible for their own actions during a worldwide pandemic.

What are you doing to protect me? My wife? My daughters and grandchild? Should I be expecting you to do everything to save my family, or should I maybe take responsibility for my own families protection?

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
who the hell says I'm going out? I'm not the one advocating for killing others because of my own selfish greed.

If I am not intentionally causing people to get sick. I am not some psychopathic murderer. You can chill a bit. Breath into a bag or something.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
you are the one not being personally acountable, that doesn't just mean your responsible for your own actions, but you are responsible for how your actions effect others. If you refuse to obey the rules you should be charged for it, you don't have the right to endanger others with your stupidity and ignorance.

When you walk out of your door... who is responsible for your life?

Upvote 0

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Economists warn that keeping the U.S. closed will result in a crisis far worse than the Great Depression. But health experts warn to reopen the U.S. would expose millions of Americans to the Coronavirus.
Your title suggests an either/or situation. That is not necessarily the case.

• Agree
Reactions: LostMarbels
Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If I am not intentionally causing people to get sick I am not some psychopathic murder. You can chill a bit. Breath into a bag or something.

Your just as culpable for any deaths you case by your selfishness, and I would say your acting very sociopathic.

You are a danger to others in society and have shown you don't care about anyone but yourself.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Your title suggests an either/or situation. That is not necessarily the case.

I really hate this part, so many don't get this, reminds me of all those whining about the cost of fixing climate change, while ingnoring that not fixing it would be far worse. This isn't a statement about it true or not, just that I hate arguments that pretend their prefered solution is perfect and the other is full of flaws, even if those same flaws apply to their arguments.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Your just as culpable for any deaths you case by your selfishness, and I would say your acting very sociopathic.

You are a danger to others in society and have shown you don't care about anyone but yourself.

For what? For going to work or the store?

That is evil?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,566.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Look to East Asia for the solution: Taiwan, South Korea, Singapore, and Japan, all nervous neighbors of China, got hit early with the virus and have high population density but have low death rates and have largely kept their economies going.

Unfortunately, the US has passed the point that their solutions would have worked, the US was not prepared with sufficient test kits to accomplish their solution, and the American population is not disciplined enough to execute their solution.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,566.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We can't remain closed. This is not Mad Max and the Thunderdome. But it will be, if people don't start getting back to work. We need to eat. We need services. There is no way we can remain locked down for months and survive as a nation. Individuals, not even the entire country at once, individuals can barely make it 15 days after a hurricane or nat disaster without services and monetary income. The entire country and all financial institutions shut down? No way. It will be chaos.

And this is what I was worried about back in the late 80s when the big push began to change the US from a production economy to a service economy.

A production economy (such as China has become, taking that mantle from the US) can ride out this kind of problem much better than a service economy. Factories can adjust fairly rapidly and easily. I'm not sure my barber can.

• Agree
Reactions: LostMarbels
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,566.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So the Chinese can handle being locked down for a couple of months, but American society will fall apart, we'll all start rioting, and for some reason we'll start starving. You have a very low opinion of Americans.

Sounds like China wins.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
For what? For going to work or the store?

That is evil?

YES, if your actions put others needlessly at risk you are. You are showing no compassion for others and only contempt, lives are meaningless to you just money. you don't even care that the economy will fail just as badly, maybe worse in your idea, and include more deaths.

• Agree
Reactions: expos4ever
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
YES, if your actions put others needlessly at risk you are. You are showing no compassion for others and only contempt, lives are meaningless to you just money. you don't even care that the economy will fail just as badly, maybe worse in your idea, and include more deaths.

You keep projecting and interjecting then claim you understand my position.... You are attacking me, because I do not agree with you, and I am not ashamed to say so.

You are wrong. I do not feel that way just because your feelings got hurt, and want to say so.

There is no need to shut down this nation, and cause it to slide into destitution, just because some people want a sense of security.

Last edited:
Upvote 0