Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It appears that @loveofourlord and @LostMarbels are talking from two whole different ideas. The first is speaking out of fear which we all have at this time, people would be fools not to feel scared and the second is speaking with practicality in mind away from the fear. Fear and practicality will never meet

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It appears that @loveofourlord and @LostMarbels are talking from two whole different ideas. The first is speaking out of fear which we all have at this time, people would be fools not to feel scared and the second is speaking with practicality in mind away from the fear. Fear and practicality will never meet

what fear? you guys both act like the shutdown has ANYTHING to do with fear, which shows you don't understand the situation. It's about saving lives, and making sure those that can get medical help CAN.

Upvote 0

jacks

Er Victus
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟674,911.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm sure this has been said already, but the idea of isolation measures are to slow down the spread. This will allow time (hopefully) for a vaccine in the long run and in the short run reduce the burden on our medical facilities. In other words, we don't want everyone getting sick at the same time, we can't handle that many patients all at once.

• Agree
Reactions: charsan
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'm sure this has been said already, but the idea of isolation measures are to slow down the spread. This will allow time (hopefully) for a vaccine in the long run and in the short run reduce the burden on our medical facilities. In other words, we don't want everyone getting sick at the same time, we can't handle that many patients all at once.
Reopen America or Save American Lives?

Upvote 0

charsan

Charismatic Episcopal Church
Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
what fear? you guys both act like the shutdown has ANYTHING to do with fear, which shows you don't understand the situation. It's about saving lives, and making sure those that can get medical help CAN.

Your fear which comes out in every post and I understand it. Meanwhile your not even attempting to understand his side, your dug in and refuse any other thinking. That's why you the two of can never meet because your dug in so far, yet he has shown understanding of your position. The courteous thing to do in a discussion is try to understand the other's position not to dismiss it out of hand at least you can try to understand and still disagree

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Your fear which comes out in every post and I understand it. Meanwhile your not even attempting to understand his side, your dug in and refuse any other thinking. That's why you the two of can never meet because your dug in so far, yet he has shown understanding of your position. The courteous thing to do in a discussion is try to understand the other's position not to dismiss it out of hand at least you can try to understand and still disagree

There is no two sides of this, it's the same outcome two ways for it, economic crash and deaths, my issue3 the side that wants to bring back the economy is ignoring that doing so will also lead to economic problems, maybe more severe and long lasting.

Upvote 0

charsan

Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There is no two sides of this, it's the same outcome two ways for it, economic crash and deaths, my issue3 the side that wants to bring back the economy is ignoring that doing so will also lead to economic problems, maybe more severe and long lasting.

There are always two sides.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There are always two sides.

My point is there is 1 outcome two paths towards it, just which do you care more about money or lives. The economy will likly crash if you return things to normal too fast, as the country won't be able to handle the number of sick and dying, especially the hospitals. The economy can recover in time, lives lost can't be.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
upload_2020-3-27_23-34-24.png

upload_2020-3-27_23-35-25.png

Upvote 0

charsan

Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My point is there is 1 outcome two paths towards it, just which do you care more about money or lives. The economy will likely crash if you return things to normal too fast, as the country won't be able to handle the number of sick and dying, especially the hospitals. The economy can recover in time, lives lost can't be.

Yet no one, absolutely none is talking about returning to normal to fast. That was your assumption and even President Trump is not talking about that. There are part of the country that are not hit as hard and we rely on for things, realistically without such America will die in no uncertain terms. It is those places that can start back to work, not like it's normal but under guidelines. Harder hit places not so much but you just assumed people like @LostMarbels meant everything go back to normal without consider what he was even saying. I have been watching this conversation carefully and those like you are dismissing his position outright without even trying to understand.

I am not continuing this conversation anymore it is evident you really don't care about someone else' idea and position. May God go with you

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yet no one, absolutely none is talking about returning to normal to fast. That was your assumption and even President Trump is not talking about that. There are part of the country that are not hit as hard and we rely on for things, realistically without such America will die in no uncertain terms. It is those places that can start back to work, not like it's normal but under guidelines. Harder hit places not so much but you just assumed people like @LostMarbels meant everything go back to normal without consider what he was even saying. I have been watching this conversation carefully and those like you are dismissing his position outright without even trying to understand.

I am not continuing this conversation anymore it is evident you really don't care about someone else' idea and position. May God go with you

yes because those places not hit hard being re-opened isn't going to increase them being sick...

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We can't remain closed. This is not Mad Max and the Thunderdome. But it will be, if people don't start getting back to work. We need to eat. We need services. There is no way we can remain locked down for months and survive as a nation. Individuals, not even the entire country at once, individuals can barely make it 15 days after a hurricane or nat disaster without services and monetary income. The entire country and all financial institutions shut down? No way. It will be chaos.
With the stimulus package just passed, people who are laid off will be getting a lot of extra help. It’s healthcare that will still be a problem, though.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,744.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So we have two positions. Everyone go back to work OR everyone stay home.

Maybe a third option should be considered? Maybe the wisdom of Solomon where they were going to cut a baby in half (which they didn't do but was suggested by Solomon to bring out who the REAL mother was...1 Kings 3:16) but how about going half way with each position. Anyone 65 years of age or older stays at home and everyone younger goes back to work. Yes it can be argued that younger ones still live in homes with older ones but the older ones are encouraged to isolate themselves from the younger for a period of time?

We're already practicing a third option. There isn't anyplace where nobody is going to work. Everyone working in essential occupations is still working. Amazon, for instance, is hiring 100,000 new workers. Hospitals aren't laying anyone off. Delivery and shipping companies aren't laying anyone off.

The problem that has been uncovered is that the work of Americans has been shifted since the late 80s from essential work to non-essential work (i.e. from production to service).

Upvote 0