Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟732,309.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
I am not looking for feelings. I am looking for theological logic.
Your god is love only. That is good, but it is normal and is not good enough in logic.
The God I worship is a bit more than Love. But aside from that, God is not logic. That's especially true for those who actually have God as a reality in their lives. And personally, that's what I look for when exploring the various spiritual trajectories.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
To me, the New Age said nothing new. It is just put all the others together. And I think it is the worst kind. It is a composition made by a lazy student who is only copying around.
It doesn't matter.

Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
How will you tell the difference? I've seen some very good stories, some very clever beliefs. How can you tell if they are from the mind of man, or man expressing something given to him by his God?

Just curious. I've never heard of anyone evaluating theologies that way. And I'm supposing it wouldn't make a convincing point to an unbeliever.

I hope to hear someone tells me some doctrine in his religion which is not easy to explain or is not explainable. I would usually seriously consider that.
There are a lot of those in Christianity.

Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The God I worship is a bit more than Love. But aside from that, God is not logic. That's especially true for those who actually have God as a reality in their lives. And personally, that's what I look for when exploring the various spiritual trajectories.

So, how is your god MORE than love? What other nature he has?

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I hope to hear someone tells me some doctrine in his religion which is not easy to explain or is not explainable. I would usually seriously consider that.
I hope you find what you're looking for.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟732,309.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
So, how is your god MORE than love? What other nature he has?
I only know what I see and experience of my Beloved God. Where I see my Beloved God is in the Divine Spark that I see running within and throughout all of Life. Which from my experience makes God the essence of Life itSelf that reaches through the whole of the cosmos.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
All good questions;

That all is sacred and holy and that we need to be responding as such.

That gratitude and thanks giving is the heart of Prayer and as such that I need to be in a constant state of thankfullness which puts me in a constant state of prayer.

I look at myself to see if I'm becoming a better Human Being. Such things as becoming more Loving, Compassionate, Empathetic, in Service to those in need and just enjoying life more fully with laughter and closeness to family and friends are a few of the guide post that I look at within myself.
Basicly you are saying that you think or feel that things are good or nice.
But from what you've said everything is good which includes evil things in the 'all that is sacred and holy'

You are saying that rape, murder etc etc are good.

May I point you to the 10 commandments that start by getting one into a right relationship with God before making moral statements about how one should interact with other people.
Please note all actions that are contrary to the 10 C are 'evil actions'.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You sure like to move the goal post don’t you?

There is quite a difference between your quote “In fact every religion says that other religions are false.

And “if you know of a religion that says every religion is true state it.”
No all I've done is given you the chance to prove what I've posted is wrong.

I find it interesting that you don't try to contradict my statement about islam.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟732,309.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
But from what you've said everything is good which includes evil things in the 'all that is sacred and holy'
Correction...Basically what I'm saying is this: Wake up! The Kingdom of God is in your midst!

You are saying that rape, murder etc etc are good.
Nope...not saying that at all.

May I point you to the 10 Commandments that start by getting one into a right relationship with God before making moral statements about how one should interact with other people.
Most all religions also have teachings on how to get right with God. And like the 10 commandments, the are first how to get right with one's own inner being. Because we can't get right with God with out getting right with one's self. It's the weirdest thing to me.

Please note all actions that are contrary to the 10 C are 'evil actions'.
Not trying to be political, but what you wrote makes me wonder why the Evangelical community in America are so supportive of this POTUS.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟732,309.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
And what is the diverence between belief and faith?
There is a lot of difference between the two as they come from different places.
Belief is head focused thinking that something is true.
Faith is heart focused trust.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Basically what I'm saying is this: Wake up! The Kingdom of God is in your midst!

Only if you accept it's King and that is not us but Jesus.

"That all is sacred and holy and that we need to be responding as such."
If all is sacred and holy then acts such as rape and murder are also sacred and holy.

the 10 commandments, the are first how to get right with one's own inner being. Because we can't get right with God with out getting right with one's self.
No we cannot get right with God unless we deal with ourselves according to Gods rules, not our invented rules.

Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
God will tell His believers something they could never know. What would be those in Islam? in Buddhism?
The Buddha taught many truths to His followers that the ordinary human cannot perceive, but He also provided the Path - if we practice it - to perceive and know those things for ourselves.

Upvote 0

TheOldWays

Candidate
May 28, 2014
✟125,030.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Because we can't get right with God with out getting right with one's self. It's the weirdest thing to me.

Bingo. Master yourself first, and God will be easier to see. Most people try and find God in external things like church, holy books, etc and by doing that, they break the first commandment.

• Winner
Reactions: dlamberth
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
So if I understand you correctly you are looking for a doctrine that is good or true but is very unlikely to have been invented by human creativity or cleverness? The problem I see with that strategy is that the measurement of a good or true doctrine is its ability to satisfy some human need. That need that is satisfied must be a need that is unknown until it is satisfied. I suppose the need to be born-again might be unknown until the Christian is already born-again and realizes how much better he/she feels.

• Agree
Reactions: dlamberth
Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟732,309.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
Only if you accept it's King and that is not us but Jesus.
For you perhaps that limitation exist. But in looking around the world and at life around us, the blessings of God's Kingdom is widely experienced across humanity, regardless of their religious/non-religious beliefs.

"That all is sacred and holy and that we need to be responding as such."
If all is sacred and holy then acts such as rape and murder are also sacred and holy.
We are looking at two different directions. While you look at the "act", I'm looking at the essence of Creation. The pain and tears of the person raped is also the pain and tears of God.

No we cannot get right with God unless we deal with ourselves according to Gods rules, not our invented rules.
In getting right with God with the need to get right with ones self to do so, no one here is talking about invented rules.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
For you perhaps that limitation exist. But in looking around the world and at life around us, the blessings of God's Kingdom is widely experienced across humanity, regardless of their religious/non-religious beliefs.

If you travel abroad one needs a visa to enter many countries. You are seeking to enter Gods kingdom illegaly. You are ignoring his clear instructions and replacing them with your own.

We are looking at two different directions. While you look at the "act", I'm looking at the essence of Creation. The pain and tears of the person raped is also the pain and tears of God.
And you acknowledge the sacredness of the rape and murder, something that God does not do.
Look again at the 10 commandments, they expressly forbid thee acts you regard as sacred.

Have you never read in Romans where it say, but God gave them over to the folly of their minds so they regarded good as evil and evil as good.

I am sorry if you find this offencive but you do not understand the concept of right and wrong.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟732,309.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
My hope and prayers are that you and everyone else recognizes that the rape and desecration of this Sacred Earth are also evil.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟732,309.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
If you travel abroad one needs a visa to enter many countries. You are seeking to enter Gods kingdom illegaly. You are ignoring his clear instructions and replacing them with your own.
One of the things I have the hardest time understanding is if a person is unable to see God's Kingdom everywhere they look, how are they able to see God's Kingdom in their midst. The spiritual question to ask in ones journey is how does one see God's Kingdom "in their midst". What are those spiritual eyes needed for such vision?

And you acknowledge the sacredness of the rape and murder, something that God does not do.
Look again at the 10 commandments, they expressly forbid thee acts you regard as sacred.
I've never said that rape and murder are sacred.

Have you never read in Romans where it say, but God gave them over to the folly of their minds so they regarded good as evil and evil as good.

I am sorry if you find this offencive but you do not understand the concept of right and wrong.

I'm not offended at all. And I think I have a pretty good handle of right and wrong.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.