Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I like to learn the most interesting, the most profound, most surprising teachings in doctrine of religions other than Christianity. Islam is the priority, Buddhism second, others are also very welcome. Something much more than like god loves you, god will train you, teach you, or we should worship god.

I may ask questions. But will absolutely not make any argument (unless you ask for it).

So, please teach, and thanks.

Reactions: Cearbhall

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
The new age religion tends to say things such as "I am God" because of an intuitive connection to the Adamic body that connects all humanity as an organism leading to another common statement "we are all one." Because Adam was made in the image and likeness of God, saying "I am God" is a case of mistaken identity. The reality of the kingdom of God is invisible to them.

Upvote 0

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Port town on west (tan sands) shore line of MI
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If even a horse is thirsty it knows enough to go to water to quench its thirst. I suggest that you go to a web site which can "quench your thirst." This is a CHRISTIAN website and you state that you are clearly NOT thirsty for a drink here.

Reactions: Larniavc
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I like to learn the most interesting, the most profound, most surprising teachings in doctrine of religions other than Christianity. Islam is the priority, Buddhism second, others are also very welcome. Something much more than like god loves you, god will train you, teach you, or we should worship god.

I may ask questions. But will absolutely not make any argument (unless you ask for it).

If it's other stories you want, the world is full of them.

I can't fathom why a Christian would want to tempt himself with such things though, unless your faith is strong and well-grounded and you need it to interact with others. It's always good to be aware of our motives and mindful of what we are doing.

I will say this much - some theologians have been dissatisfied with Christianity because they too easily find its borders. If that is the case, look deeper. The early Church has a much more incredibly rich theology that will endlessly challenge the intellect of anyone, while at the same time being worthy of the dignity of human beings made in the very image of God.

If you're just bored, I'd suggest digging there first. Maybe you will find depth and truth to satisfy you, before you get entangled and enchanted with fables of half-truths.

Forgive me please everyone else, as I realize this may offend. I've been involved in a few of those other religions myself, and while they tend to possess some truth, the good of what they seek can be found in Ancient Christianity. Unfortunately not the watered-down confusion that has become all that many know of Christianity.

Peace to all. (Now that I've probably managed to offend everyone - and I regret that. But I think sometimes it might be beneficial to some to hear such things, and that is my hope.)

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
like to learn the most interesting, the most profound, most surprising teachings in doctrine of religions other than Christianity. Islam is the priority, Buddhism second

Tray answeringislam to learn about islam, or wiki for both islam and buddhism.
There are sites on the internet which will teach you about their religion.

The most surprising teaching about or from all other religions othjer than Christianity, is that the god of that rligion does not love the worshipper. The worshipper has to earn the gods love.

Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private

The core, fundamental teaching of Buddhism is the personal recognition of the truth of cause & effect (kamma): effects are always proportional to their causes.

All other teachings (e.g. ongoing rebirth, dependent origination, the samsaric cycle, noble truths, eightfold Path, etc.) rests on this foundation.

Upvote 0

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Port town on west (tan sands) shore line of MI
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
  • Agree
Reactions: Tolworth John
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

TheOldWays

Candidate
May 28, 2014
✟125,030.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
In all the examples above, the love of God is conditional upon the believer being good or clean. If the believer should turn back from God, Allah does not love him any more (Âl 'Imran 3:32). see also LOVE of God, and the unbelievers

You said all other religions, that's just one. You got a few hundred or thousand more to go to prove your theory. ;)

Reactions: Rajni
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
If even a horse is thirsty it knows enough to go to water to quench its thirst. I suggest that you go to a web site which can "quench your thirst." This is a CHRISTIAN website and you state that you are clearly NOT thirsty for a drink here.

The question is appropriate for this section of Christian Forums and suggesting that a Christian (Baptist) poster that has been a member over ten years and has 23 thousand plus posts is not “thirsty” for Christianity or this site is not good manners or very Christ like.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Here is one from Islam. The Koran totally excuses a follower for lying, deceiving, and subversively feigning loyalty to and belief in any other religious or political system for the purpose of furthering Islam in the world. See at: <strong>Islam Permits Lying to Deceive Unbelievers and Bring World Domination!</strong>

If I were looking for information about Christianity, I would take any information I received about it from a Shinto Priest with a few grains of salt. The same would hold true about information about Islam from Christians.

• Agree
Reactions: PloverWing
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You said all other religions, that's just one. You got a few hundred or thousand more to go to prove your theory. ;)

When you make monosyllabic replies you will get a reply aimed at the main points in the post.

Buddhism has no god so what is not there cannot love.
Hinduism, the worshipper seeks to placate the god(s) through worship and offerings. There is nothing in there teaching that teaches of a sacrifical love of God for the worshipper. The same is for all other religions.

Christianity is unique in that it is the God that sets the rules and then fulfills them for those who will accept it.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Christianity is unique in that it is the God that sets the rules and then fulfills them for those who will accept it.

It is so unique that 2/3 of the Christian Bible is Jewish!

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It is so unique that 2/3 of the Christian Bible is Jewish!
It might surprise you, but Jesus was Jewish.
He taught from the Jewish scriptures and claimed that the OT prophets spoke about him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aryeh Jay

Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
It might surprise you, but Jesus was Jewish.
He taught from the Jewish scriptures and claimed that the OT prophets spoke about him.

No surprise at all. But God also set the rules and fulfilled them for the Hebrews; therefore, Christianity is not as unique as you may have been lead to believe.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟732,312.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
The most surprising teaching about or from all other religions othjer than Christianity, is that the god of that rligion does not love the worshipper. The worshipper has to earn the gods love.
That's just not true at all!!

Upvote 0

TheOldWays

Candidate
May 28, 2014
✟125,030.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Buddhism has no god so what is not there cannot love.

Depends on the Buddhism. I followed many a Buddhist path throughout my life, and while some didn't worry about the idea of god or gods, when I was a Pureland Buddhist, gods were a part of it, they just weren't held in as high as esteem as a Buddha, since a god could die.

The Amida Buddha did the same thing. Salvic religious figures are pretty cool.

In my current path I am realising that loving and accepting yourself is in fact the same thing as God loving you. God loves us all regardless, we just have to realise it. Most don't.

• Winner
Reactions: dlamberth
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No surprise at all. But God also set the rules and fulfilled them for the Hebrews; therefore, Christianity is not as unique as you may have been lead to believe.
Try again.
In the OT sins were forgiven by blood sacrifice that pointed to Jesus's death on the cross.
Jesus as John the Baptist proclaimed is 'The Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the World.'

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.