• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Rabbits do "chew the cud".

Discussion in 'Physical & Life Sciences' started by OldWiseGuy, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Ophiolite

Ophiolite Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape

+6,395
    United Kingdom
    Agnostic
    Private
    A clear acknowledgment that your post was at best disingenuous and more accurately, simply dishonest would be welcome. That would do you immense credit and demonstrate that you are, apart from the occassional slip up, a person of integrity.

2. OldWiseGuy

OldWiseGuy Wake me when it's soup. Supporter

+8,844
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    No one seemed to understand (of the critics that is).

All my posts after the op are my own thinking on the subject.

3. OldWiseGuy

+8,844
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    Or perhaps provocative? Pi anyone?

4. Strathos

Strathos No one important

+3,706
    Christian
    Single
    US-Democrat
  5. Ophiolite

Ophiolite Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape

+6,395
    United Kingdom
    Agnostic
    Private
    No. Dishonest. It is unseemly to provoke by lying. You should have a word with your minister/pastor/priest if you think otherwise.

6. OldWiseGuy

+8,844
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    You should carefully consider the op including the title. ;)

7. Bungle_Bear

Bungle_Bear Whoot!

+2,394
    Agnostic
    Married
    I had a lovely weekend away, thank you. But now I'm back, let's post a few of your lies and contradictions. Will you accept 3 examples as adequate evidence? There are more, but it would be tedious to post them all ;)

Evolution is both atheistic and theistic:
    vs
    Humans evolved from chimps. This has been corrected after each repeated post, but it keeps coming back. Here we have just two examples of many:
    Humans are the product of evolution but evolution could not make humans:
    vs

8. juvenissun

juvenissun ... and God saw that it was good.

+775
    Baptist
    Married
    Why do I want to correct your mistakes?

9. Warden_of_the_Storm

Warden_of_the_Storm Well-Known Member

+3,807
    United Kingdom
    Deist
    Single
    Because then we could easily see that what he said are mistakes.

10. Bungle_Bear

Bungle_Bear Whoot!

+2,394
    Agnostic
    Married
    I didn't make any mistakes. You want to pretend that I did.

Do you want to admit now that you lie on this forum, or will you continue claiming otherwise?

11. juvenissun

juvenissun ... and God saw that it was good.

+775
    Baptist
    Married
    Your avatar is really a good description of you.
    Do I tell a lie this time?

12. Bungle_Bear

Bungle_Bear Whoot!

+2,394
    Agnostic
    Married
    Explain please.

13. Thee Librarian

Thee Librarian New Member

+17
    United States
    Protestant
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    The writers were being kind to the readers. Everybody who raises rabbits knows that they recycle their food a second time and it's a reasonable reason not to use them as food. Cud is an "idea" and it's fascinating that cows got mentioned.

14. Thee Librarian

+17
    United States
    Protestant
    Married
    US-Libertarian

"Eat it second time" is not a desperate definition for cud.
    You make no headway with that effort.

15. Bungle_Bear

Bungle_Bear Whoot!

+2,394
    Agnostic
    Married
    "The writers"? Are you saying Genesis was not written by God? There are several members here who would take you to task over that insinuation ;)

16. Thee Librarian

+17
    United States
    Protestant
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    The consensus and tradition is that the writer of Genesis was Moses who was the editor of a number of source materials he gathered. Not that consensus or tradition has any effect on the historical events.

17. Kylie

Kylie Defeater of Illogic

+3,737
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    And it's tradition in my family to believe that the cake tin we bake birthday cakes in was forged from a meteorite that fell in the Himalayas and was formed into a cake pan by blind Tibetan monks before it found it's way to the K-mart store where we bought it in the 1980s.

18. Kylie

Kylie Defeater of Illogic

+3,737
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    Because pigs will fly before some people accept a well-reasoned argument. :p

19. Thee Librarian

+17
    United States
    Protestant
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    When my mother in law died, my wife and here sister argued over a similar crystal salad bowl and they haven't spoken since. If you want it, make sure your name is on the bottom.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
  20. Thee Librarian

+17
    United States
    Protestant
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Exodus 17:14
    “Then the Lord said to Moses, ‘Write this on a scroll as something to be remembered and make sure that Joshua hears it . . .’”

Exodus 24:3-4
    “When Moses went and told the people all the Lord’s words and laws, they responded with one voice, ‘Everything the Lord has said we will do.’ Moses then wrote down everything the Lord had said.”

Numbers 33:2
    “At the Lord’s command Moses recorded [wrote down] the stages in their journey.”

Deuteronomy 31:24
    “After Moses finished writing in a book the words of this law from beginning to end .

Joshua 1:7-8a
    “Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips . . .”

2 Chronicles 25:4
    “Yet he did not put their children to death, but acted in accordance with what is written in the Law, in the Book of Moses, where the Lord commanded . . .”

Nehemiah 13:1
    “On that day the Book of Moses was read aloud in the hearing of the people .

Mark 7:10
    For Moses said, ‘Honor your father and mother,’ and ‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death

John 7:19
    "Has not Moses given you the Law? Yet not one of you keeps it. Why are you trying to kill Me?"

Deuteronomy 33:4
    the law that Moses gave us, the possession of the congregation of Jacob.