• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Questions about the Sabbath of the LORD thy God, this subject is interesting don't you think so?

Discussion in 'Sabbath and The Law' started by HeartenedHeart, Apr 3, 2019.

1. HeartenedHeart

HeartenedHeart Member

+75
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Not at all. Do you need me to explain it takes two persons, one to give and the other to receive? for a gift is never forced?

2. LittleLambofJesus

LittleLambofJesus PESKY DEVIL! GIT! l SAID GIT! Supporter

+28,098
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    I have a question.
    Was the Passover considered a sabbath? Note Matthew 24:20:

Matthew 24, Mark 13 and Luke's Temple/Jerusalem Discourses harmonized

Matthew 24:20
    and pray ye that your flight may not be in winter nor on a sabbath
    Mark 13:18
    and pray ye that your flight may not be in winter

That is when the Roman army sieged Jerusalem........

The Destruction of Jerusalem - George Peter Holford, 1805AD

The day on which Titus encompassed Jerusalem, was the feast of the Passover; and it is deserving of the very particular attention of the reader, that this was the anniversary of that memorable period in which the Jews crucified their Messiah ! At this season multitudes came up from all the surrounding country, and from distant parts, to keep the festival. How suitable and how kind, then, was the prophetic admonition of our LORD, and how clearly he into futurity when he said "Let not them that are in the countries enter into Jerusalem." Luke xxi. 21......

The vial of divine wrath, which had been so long pouring out upon this devoted city was now emptying, and JERUSALEM, once "a praise in all the earth," and the subject of a thousand prophecies, deprived of' the staff of life, wrapt in flames, and bleeding on every side sunk into utter ruin and desolation.
    This memorable siege terminated on the eighth day of the ninth month, A. D. 70 : its duration was nearly five months, the Romans having invested the city on the fourteenth day of the fourth month, preceeding.

3. ace of hearts

ace of hearts Well-Known Member

+1,145
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Exactly who might I be calling us in my question? It would help if you quoted the whole sentence. As it stands you've taken me out of context.

4. ace of hearts

+1,145
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Thirty-five pages of threads takes a while to comb through. I hope these will do? Most of the quotes are properly cited for you.

No one is saved who is a transgressor of the law of God, which is the foundation of his government in heaven and in earth. {RH June 17, 1890, par. 8}

It means eternal salvation to keep the Sabbath holy unto the Lord. God says: "Them that honor Me I will honor." 1 Samuel 2:30. {6T 356.4}

But if we turn aside from the fourth commandment, so positively given by God, to adopt the inventions of Satan, voiced and acted by men under his control, we cannot be saved. We cannot with safety receive his traditions and subtleties as truth. {RH, July 6, 1897 par. 4}

No one who disregards the fourth commandment, after becoming enlightened in regard to the claims of the Sabbath, can be held guiltless in the sight of God. {RH, July 6, 1897 par. 14}

All will be judged according to the light that has shone upon them. If they have light upon the Sabbath, they cannot be saved in rejecting that light.{HS 234.3}

As persons become convinced from the Scriptures that the claims of the fourth commandment are still binding, the question is often raised, Is it necessary in order to secure salvation that we keep the Sabbath? This is a question of grave importance. If the light has shone from the word of God, if the message has been presented to men, as it was to Pharaoh, and they refuse to heed that message, if they reject the light, they refuse to obey God, and cannot be saved in their disobedience. {RH, January 5, 1886 par. 2}

I can dig up more for you if you like for support of MPO. The above quotes are proof the SDA church teaches obligation to the law specifically the 7th day sabbath to possess salvation.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. ace of hearts

+1,145
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Like I said the video started out with a personal attack. You just backed this up with you post. You might not get to reply because I think you're on vacation.

6. ace of hearts

+1,145
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    No God the Father will look at Jesus, not me when it comes to salvation. Your statement above clearly indicates you believe I will be judged on the basis of the law. I refer you to the words of Jesus -

JN 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

According to this I've already passed the judgment.

7. ace of hearts

+1,145
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    What does Jeremiah say in 31:31-33? Doesn't it require and old covenant? Isn't this identified both in Jeremiah and Deuteronomy?

No error on my part.

8. ace of hearts

+1,145
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Not true in the case of Israel and the covenant made with them in the desert after departure from Egypt.

9. Ken Rank

Ken Rank Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,065
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Yes and no. Here is the problem...

"Passover" (pesach in Hebrew) is the lamb itself, the sacrificial victim. And because the pesach was killed on the 14th day of the Hebrew month of Nisan (Exd. 12:6, Lev. 23:5), the entire day is known as "Passover." When the lambs were all finally killed (around the same time and on the same day Jesus was killed) people would take home the dead offered lamb and roast it. They would eat it after dark which to a Hebrew, marked the next day (the 15th). That marks the beginning of the week of Unleavened Bread (ULB).

But, because the Passover Lamb was eaten on the first night of ULB, the entire week became known as Passover. You'll see things sold, "Kosher for Passover" which means there is no leaven in whatever it is... yet, Passover was technically just the 14th.

So even in the NT, we see the week of ULB referred to as Passover, we see "Passover" referred to as a High Sabbath, and so forth. These are just cultural things that made it into the NT.

EDIT.... but the day itself, the 14th... is not a Sabbath. John 19:31 should make that clear @LittleLambofJesus

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. Matthew ten Verseight

Matthew ten Verseight Messenger with a Message from Jesus

+44
    United States
    Protestant
    Private
    Excellent series, and they added one more since this conversation was begun.

11. BobRyan

BobRyan Junior Member

+2,929
    United States
    SDA
    Married
    Yes I do.

Ex 20:10 "The seventh day IS Sabbath of the LORD (YHWH)"

Is 66:23 "from Sabbath to Sabbath shall all mankind come before Me to worship" - for all eternity AFTER the cross in the New Earth.

Is 56:6-8 Sabbath blessing specifically given to gentiles
    Acts 13, 17, 18 gentiles in Sabbath after Sabbath worship services to hear gospel preaching.