Questions about the Sabbath of the LORD thy God, this subject is interesting don't you think so?

HeartenedHeart

Apr 2, 2019
Pacific
Visit site
✟11,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Questions about the Sabbath of the LORD thy God, this subject is interesting don't you think so?

Here is an excellent video series on this subject, that I have been watching, that Youtube recommended to me:

The playlist is 36 videos long, but each is appropriately titled, if anyone desires to go to a specific topic, and most can stand alone, though some recommend other videos prior within them. Here are the video titles (and please note, I do not agree with every statement made in these videos and so if any desire to automatically equate me with said presenter and their words, arguments, please do not do so, nor do I agree with every source material used therein (as for instance, the so-called book of Jasher is referenced in certain instances, which I understand to be nothing but mystic writings masquerading as what the scripture actually refer to, the book of the upright or righteous), and these may be used as springboards for conversation/discussion:

201 - A Response to Dale Ratzlaff, Facing the Critics
202 - No Evening and Morning, No Word Sabbath
203 - No Commandment for Adm to Keep the Sabbath Rest in Genesis
204 - No Sabbath Commandment in the New Testament
205 - Jesus is my Sabbath
206 - Sunday, the First day of the Week in the Bible
207 - Sunday, the Lord's Day and the Early Church Fathers
208 - Early Church Fathers Say Sunday is the Lord's Day
209 - History of the Sabbath, 1st to the 15th Century
210 - History of the Sabbath, 16th to the 19th Century
211 - History of the Sabbath, 20th and 21st Century
212 - Testimony of the Churches
213 - The True Lord's Day Part 1
214 - The True Lord's Day Part 2
215 - Not Under the Law but Under Grace Romans 6:14
216 - Christ is the End of the Law Romans 10:4
217 - Jesus Broke the Sabbath John 5:18
218 - Jesus Fulfilled the Law Matthew 5:17
219 - We Should Keep Every Day Holy Romans 14:5
220 - We Only Need To Keep Two Commandments Matthew 22:37-40
221 - Ten Commandments Written On Stone 2 Corinthians 3:1-18
222 - A Man was Stoned to Death for Picking Up Sticks On The Sabbath
223 - Justified by the Law You are Fallen from Grace Galatians 5:4
224 - Fulfill the Law of Christ Galatians 6:2
225 - Time Has Been Lost We Don't Know When The Sabbath Day Is Part 1
226 - Time Has Been Lost Days, Weeks, Months, And Years Part 2
227 - Words of First Usage Part 3
228 - Words of First Usage Part 4
229 - Where Did The Word Sabbath Come From
230 - Words Of First Usage Where Did The Word Sabbath Come From
231 - Lunar Sabbaths
232 - Calendar Changes And The Sabbath
233 - The International Date Line
234 - One Day In Seven Part 1
235 - One Day In Seven Theory Part 2
236 - New Sabbath in Greek - Matthew 28:1
If any video is referred to, please be specific, and if possible, cite the time index of that video, or videos, with quotation where possible, so that I may check the accuracy to respond.

The videos do not have to be watched, but if not considered, please state this.

I found this series to be most enlightening, and I am still going through some of it in detail.

So to begin this thread, my leading questions:

God the Father having created the world by Jesus Christ, in 6 days and so rested the 7th day, blessing and sanctifying it, was that 7th day in Genesis 2:1-3 made for Adam, and all mankind in him?

Is Jesus the second 'man', the last 'Adam' according to the scripture?

Ken Rank

Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God the Father having created the world by Jesus Christ, in 6 days and so rested the 7th day, blessing and sanctifying it, was that 7th day in Genesis 2:1-3 made for Adam, and all mankind in him?

Going through the titles I don't have a desire to watch. I could teach his positions because I held them for some time. There is a lack of context in much of his conclusions, and respectfully, I could take apart each video he has made. But I won't because it doesn't matter. We are not saved by doctrine and works, we are saved by a God who extends mercy to a people who can't get it right without Him. That aside...

Pertaining to the question above, Genesis 1 is an overview, Genesis 2 gets more specific. Yes, God made the world in 6 days and rested on the 7th, but I ask you, was God tired? Think about it, an all powerful eternal God has to "rest" after working 6 days? I can't imagine how and/or why. Rather than being tired, I think God rested on the 7th day as an EXAMPLE for all to follow. By the way, as far as the word "Sabbath" not appearing early in Genesis... that simply isn't true. Your video guy just doesn't know Hebrew at all.

The first man Adam was created without sin, was tempted, and gave into temptation... the result was a process that leads to death. The second Adam was Yeshua, Jesus, who was born without sin, was tempted, but didn't give in to his temptation and died perfect. Since the grave was not made for perfection, it could not hold him and he rose from the dead, now with the authority over death and hell. The first Adam's sin led to death, and second Adam's perfection leads to life.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

He did not break Shabbat. And BTW, the 2 you list in Matthew 22:37-40 are originally found in Deuteronomy 6:5 and Leviticus 19:18

• Agree
Reactions: DarylFawcett
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟713,703.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Here is an excellent video series on this subject, that I have been watching, that Youtube recommended to me:

The playlist is 36 videos long, but each is appropriately titled, if anyone desires to go to a specific topic, and most can stand alone, though some recommend other videos prior within them. Here are the video titles (and please note, I do not agree with every statement made in these videos and so if any desire to automatically equate me with said presenter and their words, arguments, please do not do so, nor do I agree with every source material used therein (as for instance, the so-called book of Jasher is referenced in certain instances, which I understand to be nothing but mystic writings masquerading as what the scripture actually refer to, the book of the upright or righteous), and these may be used as springboards for conversation/discussion:

231 - Lunar Sabbaths
If any video is referred to, please be specific, and if possible, cite the time index of that video, or videos, with quotation where possible, so that I may check the accuracy to respond.

I found this series to be most enlightening, and I am still going through some of it in detail.

We are warned.

2 Timothy 4

3For the time will come when men will not tolerate sound doctrine, but with itching ears they will gather around themselves teachers to suit their own desires. 4So they will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.

enlightening?

give (someone) greater knowledge and understanding about a subject or situation.

Best if one diligently studies Gods Word for themselves obtaining knowledge learned from His words.

Acts 17

11Now the Bereans were more noble-minded than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if these teachings were true.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
He did not break Shabbat. And BTW, the 2 you list in Matthew 22:37-40 are originally found in Deuteronomy 6:5 and Leviticus 19:18
Agreed... he did not break the Sabbath. Messiah did not sin, breaking the Sabbath is a commandment, and breaking commandments is a sin. Beyond that, all one has to do is read all the verses dealing with the Sabbath IN THE BIBLE and one can learn... quickly... that messiah broke MAN MADE ADDITIONS to God's commandments, and not God's commandments. Picking an eating, for example, doesn't break Sabbath.. picking and selling on the Sabbath does!

Upvote 0

HeartenedHeart

Apr 2, 2019
Pacific
Visit site
✟11,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The video is not about Jesus breaking the sabbath. It proves the opposite.

I think you and bro. Ken Rank have a misunderstanding about the videos. :)

Consider the first video. :)

Upvote 0

HeartenedHeart

Apr 2, 2019
Pacific
Visit site
✟11,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Agreed... he did not break the Sabbath. Messiah did not sin, breaking the Sabbath is a commandment, and breaking commandments is a sin. Beyond that, all one has to do is read all the verses dealing with the Sabbath IN THE BIBLE and one can learn... quickly... that messiah broke MAN MADE ADDITIONS to God's commandments, and not God's commandments. Picking an eating, for example, doesn't break Sabbath.. picking and selling on the Sabbath does!
You sound just like the person in the videos. :) I think you have a misunderstanding about the nature of the videos. :) Please consider the first one, or any title.

The author of the videos agrees with your stated position.

Reactions: Ken Rank
Upvote 0

The Righterzpen

Jesus is my Shield in any Desert or Storm
Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,006.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

231 - Lunar Sabbaths

I watched the entire 1st video as well as some of video 206.

The issue raised about Tillman from the reformation calling "Sunday keepers" "the mark of the beast"; does not justify the teaching of a latter church when they are both wrong. Many traditions have teachings that are unscriptural. Just because the error predated a certain denominational teaching; does not make that error suddenly truth.

Use of the word "sabbath"?
I have one notation about the Greek used in the New Testament that no 7th day sabbath keeper has ever adequately addressed.

The notation is about the use of the word "sabbaton". In video 206:12:39 the speaker asks the question about "Is there anything in this verse that talks about a new testament sabbath?" The answer to that question is yes! It is implied in the Greek that uses the word "sabbaton" for "first day of the week".

Now 7th day sabbath keepers will not deny that the word "sabbaton" is used in all these passages that refer to "1st day of the week"; Their explanation is "Well it doesn't mean sabbath". Yet, their explanation does not hold up to the scrutiny of the entire Scripture.

We are told by the Scripture how to study the Scripture. We are to compare it to itself. (Isaiah 28:9-10, 1 Corinthians 2:13)

Back in the beginning of video 206, the speaker quotes Genesis 1:5. He says this is the first place "1st day of the week" is used in Scripture. All the rest of the references are all New Testament.

Now look at the Hebrew. This first day of creation is designated as "number one day". Hebrew has a separate word for "day" than it uses for "sabbath". Often when Hebrew is referring to days other than the sabbath, it will say "on the day after the sabbath...."

Yet in the New Testament you do see similar construct of language "3 days before the Passover..." "6 days before the Passover...." We also see "day before the sabbath..." used in both Old and New Testaments.

Now the New Testament has a very interesting addition to this phenomena of "day after", "two days before", "day before" etc. In those 8 places in the New Testament where the commentator in the video cites "first day of the week"; it is the word "sabbaton".

Now, other interesting note of this word - it's plural.

"At the end of the sabbaths as it began to dawn toward the first of the sabbaths came Mary Magdalene......"

NOTE IT DOES NOT SAY: "At the end of the sabbaths as it began to dawn toward the day after the sabbath....." (which the Greek does use that construct in other contexts).

So, did those penning the New Testament scripture, under inspiration of the Holy Spirit change the "sabbath" to Sunday? Yes, by comparison of the language used in the New Testament, apparently they did!

Now did preachers / apostles go into the synagogues on Saturdays to preach Christ. (Acts 13:14-41)

Verse 14 = "sabbath" (plural) Starting with verse 42 - the gentiles are requesting of Paul and company to come preach to them "on the next sabbath" (singular). Is this a reference to the next day (Sunday)? That would seem to be the case since it is already established in the New Testament that the church was meeting on Sundays. (Acts 20:7, 1 Corinthians 16:2)

So, there is where the portions of the videos that I've watched have fallen apart.

Reactions: klutedavid
Upvote 0

HeartenedHeart

Apr 2, 2019
Pacific
Visit site
✟11,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
LOL, I was just going to say the same thing!
I smile, for I recognize the words of Jesus who said,

Jhn. 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

1 Sam. 16:7 "... for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart."

Pro. 18:13 He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him.

You ought to give at least the first video a chance. :) You will be pleasantly surpised I think, to have misjudged the content, but that is OK, for God is merciful to us in our often rather rash conclusions. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Righterzpen

Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,006.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Did Jesus "technically" break the sabbath? (John 5)

Your answer will depend on whether or not healing someone is considered "work". If that is considered "work" than technically he broke the sabbath; (of which Jesus actually admits to).

Jesus says:
And therefore did the Jews persecute Jesus, and sought to slay him, because he had done these things on the sabbath day.

17 But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work. (Right here Jesus conveys that what he did was a "work".)

18 Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

• Winner
Reactions: klutedavid
Upvote 0

HeartenedHeart

Apr 2, 2019
Pacific
Visit site
✟11,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Pertaining to the question above, Genesis 1 is an overview, Genesis 2 gets more specific.
Truly, but this was never in question in anything stated, nor implied. :)

Yes, God made the world in 6 days and rested on the 7th, but I ask you, was God tired?
Rest is not about tiredness. It is about cessation. God was through speaking the world, and all that is in it, into existence. He said, 'It is finished' and said no more about creating, just as was like done at Calvary.

Think about it
I have. Thank you for the reminder.

an all powerful eternal God has to "rest" after working 6 days?
"Has to" is not in view. Did do so, is. God rested, even if most misunderstand what that means. The matter is not about God being tired, which is really a 'tired' question. It distracts from the real points being raised here, and therefore, if we could move from this un-related question?

Isa. 40:28 Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.

The texts of scripture do not contradict themselves (Jhn. 10:35), and thus this text is in harmony with God's character in Genesis 2.

Please re-read Genesis 1. God is 'speaking'. What did God say about creating in the 7th Day? Nothing, for God 'rested', that is ceased from creation/speaking.

I can't imagine how and/or why.
No need to. It is a false path to travel, a road of vain imaginings. In fact, it is something a Muslim would use as an argument.

Rather than being tired, I think God rested on the 7th day as an EXAMPLE for all to follow.
Truly, but more than this, it is part of His perfect character, for God does nothing that He is not in character, for in considering the Sabbath of the LORD, it demonstrates his Omnipotence, Omniscience and Omnipresence, for instance:

1. God is relational, God to man, and man to man, an at-one-ing God.
2. God is purposeful, God gives purpose, of work and rest.
3. God is Creator and Redeemer, and concerns Himself in love to that which is created, thus He is Life
4. God is an Author and Finisher, Alpha and Omega, Beginning and the ending, First and the last
5. God is Holy, and the Sanctifier and the one who Blesses
6. God is above nature, greater than creation
7. God is the example for all creation, in that He worked and in that He rested
8. God is selfless, being the giver, for it was given as a gift
9. God is logical, mathematical, orderly, consistent, star systems, planets, orbits, days, years, cycles, etc
10. God is no respecter of persons
11. God is worthy to be worshipped, loved, etc
12. God is the owner and sustainer
13. God is all about family, cohesive love
14. God is intelligent and wise, thus "remember" [a word, re-member, to bring back together as one]
15. God is fore-thinking

By the way, as far as the word "Sabbath" not appearing early in Genesis... that simply isn't true.
I agree with you, and thus you have pre-maturely advanced upon me a position which is not presently mine own. :) It's OK, I understand that in this age, men read fast, but a piece of advice? Take some time to more slowly go over that which is shared with you from others. :)

Sabbath is in Genesis 2, as Exo. 20:8-11 say so, as well as Mar. 2:27.

Your video guy just doesn't know Hebrew at all.
This is a premature conclusion, for one who did not take the time to consider the video materials. :) It's OK, though, for you have another chance. :)

The first man Adam was created without sin
Agreed.

was tempted, and gave into temptation...
Agreed.

the result was a process that leads to death.
Agreed, Rom. 6:23; Gen. 2:17.

The second Adam was Yeshua, Jesus, who was born without sin, was tempted, but didn't give in to his temptation and died perfect.
Amen, for Jesus is the Amen of His Father. :)

Since the grave was not made for perfection, it could not hold him
Interesting thought. Thanks for that.

and he rose from the dead, now with the authority over death and hell.
Truly, Amen and Amen. :)

The first Adam's sin led to death, and second Adam's perfection leads to life.
It surely does, and this life (how to live) is found in the example of Jesus Himself as John the Baptist stated, John 1:29,36.

Upvote 0

HeartenedHeart

Apr 2, 2019
Pacific
Visit site
✟11,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I watched the entire 1st video as well as some of video 206.
Ok, well done.

The issue raised about Tillman from the reformation calling "Sunday keepers" "the mark of the beast"; does not justify the teaching of a latter church when they are both wrong.
The point raised by the author of the video material, was not that raising such information proved his point, only that it demonstrates that the teaching existed before himself by a few hundred years.

The author of the videos, does not justify any of his teachings, that I saw, by such external evidences, but by scriptural ones. Again, the point raised by the author was not to prove his doctrine from the external source, only to demonstrate that the teaching existed before himself.

I see that you are classed as "reformed". May I ask reformed to what? The reformation itself taught the same thing, even by Philip Melanchthon on Dan. 7:25 (spelling original):

"... But what meaneth the aungell to saye: He shall s•arle or destroye ye hyghe sayn∣tis? verely els but that with his false doctryne capciouse othes articles / & in∣terrogacions he shall fraudelently de∣ceyue and trappe the simple innocents and shed their blode tyrannously. Also he shall arrogantly take vpon him & thin∣ke to change the state of tymes and la∣wes. He weneth to change ye tyme which with swerde and fyer thinketh to shorten the lyfe of man and to preuent and disa∣point gods infallible eternall and immu∣table prouidēce wherby he hath prefiyed euery manis tyme & houre of deth which as noman can differre or prolong it / so cā∣ne noman shorten nor preuent it / except men will make God an ignorant persone and so consequently no god at all. He chā∣geth the tymes and lawes that any of the (118-119) sixe worke dayes commanded of god will make them vnholy and idle dayes when he lyste / or of their owne holy dayes abo∣lisshed / make* worke dayes agen / & when they changed ye Saterday into Sondaye / of eting dayes fasting dayes / of mery and glad dayes to marye in / they can make so∣rowfull dayes forbiddinge maryages. They haue changed gods lawes and tur∣ned them into their owne tradiciōs to be kept aboue Gods preceptis. And as for their owne lawes they will change & bre∣ke them when they lyste. And this powr shal anticrist haue whether it be for long or shorte tyme. For so miche sowneth the Hebrew phrase / which is for a tyme / a lyt∣le whyle / & half a tyme / signifyinge that Anticryst shall make lawes to stande as long and as shorte tyme as he listeth and the tymes will he order / sett and change at his owne plesur. But is it not onely ye office of god to chang tymes and lawes? Here is therfore the prophecye fulfylled of him. Euen to exalt himselfe aboue all thing that god is called. This text. But the hyghe saynts he shall tangle trappe & destroye and arrogantly thinke to chan∣ge the tymes and lawes &c. is of diuerse lerned men diuersely translated. ..." - The exposicion of Daniel the prophete gathered oute of Philip Melanchton, Iohan Ecolampadius, Chonrade Pellicane [and] out of Iohan Draconite. [et] c. By George Ioye. A prophecye diligently to be noted of al emprowrs [and] kinges in these laste dayes

Many traditions have teachings that are unscriptural.
I can agree with you here, but with a caveat, in that, simply saying something is error, or unscriptural does not demonstrate it be so, does it? Should I merely take your word over the evidence?

Just because the error predated a certain denominational teaching; does not make that error suddenly truth.
The point of the author, was simply to demonstrate its pre-dating himself, not that the material proved its accuracy.

Again, simply saying it is error without demonstration is a fault on its own.

Use of the word "sabbath"?
I have one notation about the Greek used in the New Testament that no 7th day sabbath keeper has ever adequately addressed.
I would be willing to consider it, and address it.

The notation is about the use of the word "sabbaton". In video 206:12:39 the speaker asks the question about "Is there anything in this verse that talks about a new testament sabbath?" The answer to that question is yes! It is implied in the Greek that uses the word "sabbaton" for "first day of the week".
I went back to 206:12:39 and did not see the quote which you give. Would you be able to double check your reference so that I may be on the same page and understand which specific verse you/author are referring to? I want to be able to speak with you about your point more accurately.

Now 7th day sabbath keepers will not deny that the word "sabbaton" is used in all these passages that refer to "1st day of the week";
Ultimately, in the NT, it is 'sabbatwn' (N-GPN) (not 'sabbaton') in each text, except in Mar. 16:9 ('sabbatou') (N-GSN):

Matthew 28:1(a) - (Koine Greek) οψε δε σαββατων (Transliterated) oye de sabbatwn

Matthew 28:1(b) - (Koine Greek) εις μιαν σαββατων (Transliterated) eiV mian sabbatwn

Mark 16:2 - (Koine Greek) και λιαν πρωι της μιας σαββατων (Transliterated) kai lian prwi ths mias sabbatwn

Mark 16:9 - (Koine Greek) αναστας δε πρωι πρωτη σαββατου (Transliterated) anastas de prwi prwth sabbatou

Luke 24:1 - (Koine Greek) τη δε μια των σαββατων (Transliterated) th de mia twn sabbatwn

John 20:1 - (Koine Greek) τη δε μια των σαββατων (Transliterated) th de mia twn sabbatwn

John 20:19 - (Koine Greek) τη μια των σαββατων (Transliterated) th mia twn sabbatwn

Acts 20:7 - (Koine Greek) εν δε τη μια των σαββατων (Transliterated) en de th mia twn sabbatwn

1 Corinthians 16:2 - (Koine Greek) κατα μιαν σαββατων (Transliterated) kata mian sabbatwn

Their explanation is "Well it doesn't mean sabbath".
Who states this? I have never heard such say that, and those who I have spoken with acknowledge outrightly that in each text is a direct reference to the Sabbath of the LORD, since each text, basically says, in of the first of the Sabbaths, in first Sabbaths, etc which is the Hebrew way of saying into the first day towards the culmination of the week, being the 7th day Sabbath, since all days of the week are found in the 4th commandment, as the Sabbath is the encapsulation of the whole of the creation.

Yet, their explanation does not hold up to the scrutiny of the entire Scripture.
Please be specific. Reference directly with citation to whom you are referring to, with quotation. As, again, I know of no one who says what you have said that they say. I cannot merely take your word for it at this point, since I have no background to determine present statements like that from you.

We are told by the Scripture how to study the Scripture. We are to compare it to itself. (Isaiah 28:9-10, 1 Corinthians 2:13)
Yes, that is the point of the author of the videos.

Back in the beginning of video 206, the speaker quotes Genesis 1:5. He says this is the first place "1st day of the week" is used in Scripture. All the rest of the references are all New Testament.
It is the first day, "one" day, which defined the day itself, being divided by light and darkness.

Now look at the Hebrew.
I have. What does this point have to do with the previous statements made by yourself?

This first day of creation is designated as "number one day".
Yes. What is your point?

Hebrew has a separate word for "day" than it uses for "sabbath".
Not in question, for 'yowm' is not the word 'sabbath'. But looking throughout scripture, we see that the sabbath is also a specific 'yowm', even the 7th yowm, see Gen, 2:1-3; Exo. 20:8-11 and so on.

Often when Hebrew is referring to days other than the sabbath, it will say "on the day after the sabbath...."

Yet in the New Testament you do see similar construct of language "3 days before the Passover..." "6 days before the Passover...." We also see "day before the sabbath..." used in both Old and New Testaments.
Yes the day before the sabbath is called preparation day, and in Greek pro-sabbaton. What is your point in relationship to the authors video?

Now the New Testament has a very interesting addition to this phenomena of "day after", "two days before", "day before" etc. In those 8 places in the New Testament where the commentator in the video cites "first day of the week"; it is the word "sabbaton".
Actually, No, it is (mostly, except in instance of Mar. 16:9) 'sabbatwn'.

Now, other interesting note of this word - it's plural.
This is because the Jews counted days between sabbaths, since the sabbath was the culmination of each week, from "sabbath to sabbath" (two sabbaths, plural), see Isa. 66:22-23.

"At the end of the sabbaths as it began to dawn toward the first of the sabbaths came Mary Magdalene......"
In Matthew 28:1(a and b) It is a technical plurality, no denying that, and neither does the author of the video say otherwise. It is simply how the Hebrew mind works in regards time. Simply re-writing to English plural would confuse English speakers.

That is a misrepresentation, and is a gross misuse of koine Greek and a misunderstanding of Hebrew language, and when compared with the other 3 Gospel writers and Acts, etc, the meaning is perfectly clear. Jesus was resurrected not on any sabbath, but upon 'the first day of the week' (Eng. trans).

Jews to this day, say

NOTE IT DOES NOT SAY: "At the end of the sabbaths as it began to dawn toward the day after the sabbath....." (which the Greek does use that construct in other contexts).
Here is Matthew 28:1, GNT TR:

οψε δε σαββατων τη επιφωσκουση εις μιαν σαββατων ηλθεν μαρια η μαγδαληνη και η αλλη μαρια θεωρησαι τον ταφον

the phrase 'οψε δε σαββατων' literally means to at the close of the day (being sabbath in this instance). That sabbath is specifically mentioned in Luke 23:54,56. There were two sabbaths, the 7th day of the 4th commandment and the festal one (unleavened bread) that took place that year.

the phrase 'εις μιαν σαββατων' means first towards sabbath/s, again see Isa. 66:23. There were only two sabbaths that week, the 7th day and the festal, upon the same day, and the day Jesus rose is the day of Firstfruits, Lev. 23:9-14, which we know for certain from 1 Cor. 15:20,23, which is not a sabbath. The only other two sabbaths were the following week, ending the week, the 7th day, and the final festal sabbath of the feast of unleavened bread. The day Jesus arose was not a sabbath, 7th day, nor festal, according to history recorded in scripture, neither in type, neither in prophecy.

the word 'επιφωσκουση' is literally to dawn toward, grow light and so forth.

It does not read the way you desire, which does not fit context, neither how Greek or Hebrew relate the days of the week to us in scripture.

So, did those penning the New Testament scripture, under inspiration of the Holy Spirit change the "sabbath" to Sunday?
Not at all. Now you claim the Holy Ghost changed the sabbath to 'Sunday' (a name which appears nowhere in scripture)? Have ye never read:

Jhn. 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Isa. 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Psa. 119:142 Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and thy law is the truth.

Psa. 119:151 Thou art near, O LORD; and all thy commandments are truth.

The Holy Ghost doesn't make up His own rules, but goes by what is written already, even as it is written:

1 Jn. 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Yes, by comparison of the language used in the New Testament, apparently they did!
Show me where you compared any scripture, with any scripture at all, instead of merely stating it from your own heart.

Now did preachers / apostles go into the synagogues on Saturdays to preach Christ. (Acts 13:14-41)
The Bible never speaks of "Saturdays" either. It always speaks of the Sabbath of the LORD.

Tell me what Paul, etc did, that Jesus didn't already do in Luke 4:14-19. Preaching upon sabbath doesn't change the sabbath, as preaching is done on any and every day:

Act. 5:42 And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ.

They did so in fulfillment of Isa. 56:1-8, Amos 9, etc., even upon the sabbath day, just as Jesus did before them.

Verse 14 = "sabbath" (plural)
Already addressed this above, see Isa. 66:23.

Starting with verse 42 - the gentiles are requesting of Paul and company to come preach to them "on the next sabbath" (singular).
Yes, that is because that is when the majority of persons gather, as the sabbath of the LORD is an Holy Convocation, though Jews and Gentiles met on many days of the week, which is different than the commandment to rest. Simply gathering together is not necessarily sabbath keeping.

Is this a reference to the next day (Sunday)?
Eisegesis. No, it is plain English (or koine Greek, either) that they had gathered on the 7th day the Sabbath (Acts 13:14,27 (every sabbath)), and see Acts 13:42,44, which is the following 7th day, not the first day of the week, which was a common working day (Eze. 46:1; Exo. 20:9). Acts 13:40 is directly citing Isa. 29:14, which is in the context of the Law of God, and the 7th day and those which turned the word of God upside down to suit their own rebellion.

That would seem to be the case since it is already established in the New Testament that the church was meeting on Sundays. (Acts 20:7, 1 Corinthians 16:2)
Acts 20:7 and 1 Corinthians 16:2, are addressed directly in video 206.

Acts 20:7, says nothing about a weekly event, at all, and was even a meeting at night, to bid farwell to Paul. The koine Greek, again demonstrates that the first day is nothing but a numerical number in relationship to the 7th day the Sabbath, see previous koine Greek above. 1 Corinthians 16:2, again, does not mention anything about gathering together, and was only a temporary special collection of goods for the saints in Jerusalem, which by the way was destroyed in AD 70. That collection ceased, if not before, then. 1 Cor. 16:2 clearly states to collect ones offering privately at home, not in a gathering and Paul would come to collect it from them.

So, there is where the portions of the videos that I've watched have fallen apart.
The issue so far is that presently you have only considered 'portions', which is not the way scripture asks you to test something. If you would perhaps consider the other portions, you might find your present position already addressed therein in some detail.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Righterzpen

Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,006.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Ok, well done.

The point raised by the author of the video material, was not that raising such information proved his point, only that it demonstrates that the teaching existed before himself by a few hundred years.

The author of the videos, does not justify any of his teachings, that I saw, by such external evidences, but by scriptural ones. Again, the point raised by the author was not to prove his doctrine from the external source, only to demonstrate that the teaching existed before himself.

I see that you are classed as "reformed". May I ask reformed to what? The reformation itself taught the same thing, even by Philip Melanchthon on Dan. 7:25 (spelling original):

"... But what meaneth the aungell to saye: He shall s•arle or destroye ye hyghe sayn∣tis? verely els but that with his false doctryne capciouse othes articles / & in∣terrogacions he shall fraudelently de∣ceyue and trappe the simple innocents and shed their blode tyrannously. Also he shall arrogantly take vpon him & thin∣ke to change the state of tymes and la∣wes. He weneth to change ye tyme which with swerde and fyer thinketh to shorten the lyfe of man and to preuent and disa∣point gods infallible eternall and immu∣table prouidēce wherby he hath prefiyed euery manis tyme & houre of deth which as noman can differre or prolong it / so cā∣ne noman shorten nor preuent it / except men will make God an ignorant persone and so consequently no god at all. He chā∣geth the tymes and lawes that any of the (118-119) sixe worke dayes commanded of god will make them vnholy and idle dayes when he lyste / or of their owne holy dayes abo∣lisshed / make* worke dayes agen / & when they changed ye Saterday into Sondaye / of eting dayes fasting dayes / of mery and glad dayes to marye in / they can make so∣rowfull dayes forbiddinge maryages. They haue changed gods lawes and tur∣ned them into their owne tradiciōs to be kept aboue Gods preceptis. And as for their owne lawes they will change & bre∣ke them when they lyste. And this powr shal anticrist haue whether it be for long or shorte tyme. For so miche sowneth the Hebrew phrase / which is for a tyme / a lyt∣le whyle / & half a tyme / signifyinge that Anticryst shall make lawes to stande as long and as shorte tyme as he listeth and the tymes will he order / sett and change at his owne plesur. But is it not onely ye office of god to chang tymes and lawes? Here is therfore the prophecye fulfylled of him. Euen to exalt himselfe aboue all thing that god is called. This text. But the hyghe saynts he shall tangle trappe & destroye and arrogantly thinke to chan∣ge the tymes and lawes &c. is of diuerse lerned men diuersely translated. ..." - The exposicion of Daniel the prophete gathered oute of Philip Melanchton, Iohan Ecolampadius, Chonrade Pellicane [and] out of Iohan Draconite. [et] c. By George Ioye. A prophecye diligently to be noted of al emprowrs [and] kinges in these laste dayes

I can agree with you here, but with a caveat, in that, simply saying something is error, or unscriptural does not demonstrate it be so, does it? Should I merely take your word over the evidence?

The point of the author, was simply to demonstrate its pre-dating himself, not that the material proved its accuracy.

Again, simply saying it is error without demonstration is a fault on its own.

I would be willing to consider it, and address it.

I went back to 206:12:39 and did not see the quote which you give. Would you be able to double check your reference so that I may be on the same page and understand which specific verse you/author are referring to? I want to be able to speak with you about your point more accurately.

Ultimately, in the NT, it is 'sabbatwn' (N-GPN) (not 'sabbaton') in each text, except in Mar. 16:9 ('sabbatou') (N-GSN):

Matthew 28:1(a) - (Koine Greek) οψε δε σαββατων (Transliterated) oye de sabbatwn

Matthew 28:1(b) - (Koine Greek) εις μιαν σαββατων (Transliterated) eiV mian sabbatwn

Mark 16:2 - (Koine Greek) και λιαν πρωι της μιας σαββατων (Transliterated) kai lian prwi ths mias sabbatwn

Mark 16:9 - (Koine Greek) αναστας δε πρωι πρωτη σαββατου (Transliterated) anastas de prwi prwth sabbatou

Luke 24:1 - (Koine Greek) τη δε μια των σαββατων (Transliterated) th de mia twn sabbatwn

John 20:1 - (Koine Greek) τη δε μια των σαββατων (Transliterated) th de mia twn sabbatwn

John 20:19 - (Koine Greek) τη μια των σαββατων (Transliterated) th mia twn sabbatwn

Acts 20:7 - (Koine Greek) εν δε τη μια των σαββατων (Transliterated) en de th mia twn sabbatwn

1 Corinthians 16:2 - (Koine Greek) κατα μιαν σαββατων (Transliterated) kata mian sabbatwn

Who states this? I have never heard such say that, and those who I have spoken with acknowledge outrightly that in each text is a direct reference to the Sabbath of the LORD, since each text, basically says, in of the first of the Sabbaths, in first Sabbaths, etc which is the Hebrew way of saying into the first day towards the culmination of the week, being the 7th day Sabbath, since all days of the week are found in the 4th commandment, as the Sabbath is the encapsulation of the whole of the creation.

Please be specific. Reference directly with citation to whom you are referring to, with quotation. As, again, I know of no one who says what you have said that they say. I cannot merely take your word for it at this point, since I have no background to determine present statements like that from you.

Yes, that is the point of the author of the videos.

It is the first day, "one" day, which defined the day itself, being divided by light and darkness.

I have. What does this point have to do with the previous statements made by yourself?

Yes. What is your point?

Not in question, for 'yowm' is not the word 'sabbath'. But looking throughout scripture, we see that the sabbath is also a specific 'yowm', even the 7th yowm, see Gen, 2:1-3; Exo. 20:8-11 and so on.

Yes the day before the sabbath is called preparation day, and in Greek pro-sabbaton. What is your point in relationship to the authors video?

Actually, No, it is (mostly, except in instance of Mar. 16:9) 'sabbatwn'.

This is because the Jews counted days between sabbaths, since the sabbath was the culmination of each week, from "sabbath to sabbath" (two sabbaths, plural), see Isa. 66:22-23.

In Matthew 28:1(a and b) It is a technical plurality, no denying that, and neither does the author of the video say otherwise. It is simply how the Hebrew mind works in regards time. Simply re-writing to English plural would confuse English speakers.

That is a misrepresentation, and is a gross misuse of koine Greek and a misunderstanding of Hebrew language, and when compared with the other 3 Gospel writers and Acts, etc, the meaning is perfectly clear. Jesus was resurrected not on any sabbath, but upon 'the first day of the week' (Eng. trans).

Jews to this day, say

Here is Matthew 28:1, GNT TR:

οψε δε σαββατων τη επιφωσκουση εις μιαν σαββατων ηλθεν μαρια η μαγδαληνη και η αλλη μαρια θεωρησαι τον ταφον

the phrase 'οψε δε σαββατων' literally means to at the close of the day (being sabbath in this instance). That sabbath is specifically mentioned in Luke 23:54,56. There were two sabbaths, the 7th day of the 4th commandment and the festal one (unleavened bread) that took place that year.

the phrase 'εις μιαν σαββατων' means first towards sabbath/s, again see Isa. 66:23. There were only two sabbaths that week, the 7th day and the festal, upon the same day, and the day Jesus rose is the day of Firstfruits, Lev. 23:9-14, which we know for certain from 1 Cor. 15:20,23, which is not a sabbath. The only other two sabbaths were the following week, ending the week, the 7th day, and the final festal sabbath of the feast of unleavened bread. The day Jesus arose was not a sabbath, 7th day, nor festal, according to history recorded in scripture, neither in type, neither in prophecy.

the word 'επιφωσκουση' is literally to dawn toward, grow light and so forth.

It does not read the way you desire, which does not fit context, neither how Greek or Hebrew relate the days of the week to us in scripture.

Not at all. Now you claim the Holy Ghost changed the sabbath to 'Sunday' (a name which appears nowhere in scripture)? Have ye never read:

Jhn. 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Isa. 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Psa. 119:142 Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and thy law is the truth.

Psa. 119:151 Thou art near, O LORD; and all thy commandments are truth.

The Holy Ghost doesn't make up His own rules, but goes by what is written already, even as it is written:

1 Jn. 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Show me where you compared any scripture, with any scripture at all, instead of merely stating it from your own heart.

The Bible never speaks of "Saturdays" either. It always speaks of the Sabbath of the LORD.

Tell me what Paul, etc did, that Jesus didn't already do in Luke 4:14-19. Preaching upon sabbath doesn't change the sabbath, as preaching is done on any and every day:

Act. 5:42 And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ.

They did so in fulfillment of Isa. 56:1-8, Amos 9, etc., even upon the sabbath day, just as Jesus did before them.

Already addressed this above, see Isa. 66:23.

Yes, that is because that is when the majority of persons gather, as the sabbath of the LORD is an Holy Convocation, though Jews and Gentiles met on many days of the week, which is different than the commandment to rest. Simply gathering together is not necessarily sabbath keeping.

Eisegesis. No, it is plain English (or koine Greek, either) that they had gathered on the 7th day the Sabbath (Acts 13:14,27 (every sabbath)), and see Acts 13:42,44, which is the following 7th day, not the first day of the week, which was a common working day (Eze. 46:1; Exo. 20:9). Acts 13:40 is directly citing Isa. 29:14, which is in the context of the Law of God, and the 7th day and those which turned the word of God upside down to suit their own rebellion.

Acts 20:7 and 1 Corinthians 16:2, are addressed directly in video 206.

Acts 20:7, says nothing about a weekly event, at all, and was even a meeting at night, to bid farwell to Paul. The koine Greek, again demonstrates that the first day is nothing but a numerical number in relationship to the 7th day the Sabbath, see previous koine Greek above. 1 Corinthians 16:2, again, does not mention anything about gathering together, and was only a temporary special collection of goods for the saints in Jerusalem, which by the way was destroyed in AD 70. That collection ceased, if not before, then. 1 Cor. 16:2 clearly states to collect ones offering privately at home, not in a gathering and Paul would come to collect it from them.

The issue so far is that presently you have only considered 'portions', which is not the way scripture asks you to test something. If you would perhaps consider the other portions, you might find your present position already addressed therein in some detail.

I was pretty clear as to what I pointed out and if you don't believe it - that's not my problem. (Nor does it negate the fact the Greek still used the word "sabbath" to apply to the "first day of the week".) (PS you gave the same arguments they all give. You have not explained why the writers of the New Testament did not use different language to "avoid confusion" of all "us" you deem to be wrong when God certainly could have used different language to "avoid confusing all the rest of us".)

That was the point I was making!

And by the way "feast of first fruits" which is Pentecost came 50 days post resurrection. Jesus did not rise from the dead on Pentecost.

Apparently you posted your "question" here with a preconceived agenda, of which you will not be swayed from; no matter how much Scripture I point you to. So, have a nice night.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I was pretty clear as to what I pointed out and if you don't believe it - that's not my problem. (Nor does it negate the fact the Greek still used the word "sabbath" to apply to the "first day of the week".) (PS you gave the same arguments they all give. You have not explained why the writers of the New Testament did not use different language to "avoid confusion" of all "us" you deem to be wrong when God certainly could have used different language to "avoid confusing all the rest of us".)

That was the point I was making!

And by the way "feast of first fruits" which is Pentecost came 50 days post resurrection. Jesus did not rise from the dead on Pentecost.

Actually it is your problem. You are the one confused. The first day of the week (Yom Rishon...our Sunday) is NOT called the Shabbat. Also, HH never said He rose on Shavuot (Pentecost). He rose on the first fruits of the barley harvest. The day the wave sheaf is offered.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ken Rank

Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You sound just like the person in the videos. :) I think you have a misunderstanding about the nature of the videos. :) Please consider the first one, or any title.

The author of the videos agrees with your stated position.
And I should know better than to judge by titles. :) A mentor of mine, who was known for pretty creative titles, once wrote an article and somebody wrote a 4 page rebuttal. My friend got about half into the first page when he realized the guy didn't read his article, he was arguing against the title. :) What he "thought" it meant, and what it meant, weren't the same.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Rest is not about tiredness. It is about cessation. God was through speaking the world, and all that is in it, into existence. He said, 'It is finished' and said no more about creating, just as was like done at Calvary.

I agree, words have more than one meaning. He ceased, and when I "rest" on Shabbat I am ceasing from the work I do on the other 6 days. But the point remains, did He have to stop? No, but He did and I submit it was to act a model to follow. God teaches this way, sometimes. Remember the 3 men with Abraham? Two we find out are angels, the other is referred to as Yod Hay Vav Hay (YHVH or as rendered in our bibles, LORD). God was one of those "men" and He sent the angels to Sodom to find out what all those cries of sin were about. Didn't He already know? Isn't He God? Yes... but He was again, giving an example to follow. He sent "two" to verify the facts, and we learn we are also to have more than one witness to verify a set of facts.

So I would contend, simply, that God rested or ceased and in doing so revealed how He desires His creation to act as well. If I am wrong I am wrong... won't be the first time nor the last. :)

Upvote 0

The Righterzpen

Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,006.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Actually it is your problem. You are the one confused. The first day of the week (Yom Rishon...our Sunday) is NOT called the Shabbat. Also, HH never said He rose on Shavuot (Pentecost). He rose on the first fruits of the barley harvest. The day the wave sheaf is offered.

Congratulations you caught my mistake; the barely harvest was the 1st Sunday after Passover. YET - The Jews did not celebrate the "feast of first fruits" until Pentecost. So yes, technically "the feast of first fruits" was Pentecost. I was not "confused" when I said Jesus did not rise from the dead on Pentecost!

Yet what is translated "first day of the week" is the word "sabbaths" in the Greek.

Ὀψὲ δὲ σαββάτων τῇ ἐπιφωσκούσῃ εἰς μίαν σαββάτων ἦλθεν Μαρία
After then sabbaths it being dawn into first sabbaths came Mary

ἡ Μαγδαληνὴ καὶ ἡ ἄλλη Μαριὰ θεωρῆσαι τὸν τάφον
the Magdalene and the other Mary to see the tomb.

Note - the two underlined words are the same word. Both words are "genitive neuter plural" "sabbaths". It's very clear that these passages refer to the "first day of the week" (which we know is Sunday) as a "sabbath".

It is NOT "oh they are referring to the next Saturday". The text does not say that! If the text said that - it would be written this way:

Ὀψὲ δὲ σαββάτων τῇ ἐπιφωσκούσῃ εἰς ἐπαύριον ἥτις ἐστὶν μετὰ
After then sabbaths it being dawn into next day which is after

τὴν σαββάτων ἦλθεν Μαρία ἡ Μαγδαληνὴ καὶ ἡ ἄλλη Μαριὰ θεωρῆσαι
the sabbaths came Mary the Magdalene and the other Mary to see

τὸν τάφον
the tomb.

It's not written this second way though! It's written the first way. It's written the first way for a distinct reason. That reason being that the new set of "sabbaths" commenced Sunday with the resurrection! And why a new set of "sabbaths"? Because the Old Testament was fulfilled in Christ!

Sorry, but I'm not the one who's "confused" about this.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Congratulations you caught my mistake; the barely harvest was the 1st Sunday after Passover. YET - The Jews did not celebrate the "feast of first fruits" until Pentecost. So yes, technically "the feast of first fruits" was Pentecost. I was not "confused" when I said Jesus did not rise from the dead on Pentecost!

Yet what is translated "first day of the week" is the word "sabbaths" in the Greek.

Ὀψὲ δὲ σαββάτων τῇ ἐπιφωσκούσῃ εἰς μίαν σαββάτων ἦλθεν Μαρία
After then sabbaths it being dawn into first sabbaths came Mary

ἡ Μαγδαληνὴ καὶ ἡ ἄλλη Μαριὰ θεωρῆσαι τὸν τάφον
the Magdalene and the other Mary to see the tomb.

Note - the two underlined words are the same word. Both words are "genitive neuter plural" "sabbaths". It's very clear that these passages refer to the "first day of the week" (which we know is Sunday) as a "sabbath".

It is NOT "oh they are referring to the next Saturday". The text does not say that! If the text said that - it would be written this way:

Ὀψὲ δὲ σαββάτων τῇ ἐπιφωσκούσῃ εἰς ἐπαύριον ἥτις ἐστὶν μετὰ
After then sabbaths it being dawn into next day which is after

τὴν σαββάτων ἦλθεν Μαρία ἡ Μαγδαληνὴ καὶ ἡ ἄλλη Μαριὰ θεωρῆσαι
the sabbaths came Mary the Magdalene and the other Mary to see

τὸν τάφον
the tomb.

It's not written this second way though! It's written the first way. It's written the first way for a distinct reason. That reason being that the new set of "sabbaths" commenced Sunday with the resurrection! And why a new set of "sabbaths"? Because the Old Testament was fulfilled in Christ!

Sorry, but I'm not the one who's "confused" about this.
Actually, you are (respectfully). "The first of the Sabbaths" is referring to the beginning of the count of Sabbaths until Shavuot (Pentecost). The weekly Sabbath ended, and the count of 7 Sabbaths + 1 day begins and that is why Matthew 28:1 is written that way. Don't reconcile 1st century Jewish thought to your 21st century Western mindset... reconcile your 21st Western mindset to 1st century Jewish thought. The Scripture become much clearer when you do.

Upvote 0

The Righterzpen

Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,006.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
So I would contend, simply, that God rested or ceased and in doing so revealed how He desires His creation to act as well. If I am wrong I am wrong... won't be the first time nor the last.

Yet the creation does not "rest" and neither does God. This is why Jesus said "My Father works hitherto and I work." John 5:17 The sabbath was "made for man" (i.e. the son of man) for the flesh to "rest" after the crucifixion. This is why He's "lord of the sabbath". The ultimate "rest" will be the new heavens and new earth. There will be no more "labor". There will be no more labor because there is no sin and no death.

For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. Hebrews 4:3

Jesus was the lamb "slain from the foundation of the world". Revelation 13:8

Before God ever commenced any of this it was already a "done deal".

The 7th day was symbolic. It was a shadow of things to come.

Upvote 0