Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If I believe main stream media, Donald Trump is the worst President we have ever had and Obama was one of the best.

if so, why are their approval ratings so close?

Presidential Approval Ratings -- Donald Trump

The President who was adored by the press who had “not one scintilla” of a scandal had a 45% approval rating nine months before the end of his first term

and the President that has 96%+ negative news coverage, who is (so we are told), a racist, sexist, hater, a third grade reading comprehension, vulgar, has no idea how to run a country and now impeached. Has an approval rating of 44%

how does that happen?

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,449.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
If I believe main stream media, Donald Trump is the worst President we have ever had and Obama was one of the best.

The President who was adored by the press who had “not one scintilla” of a scandal had a 45% approval rating nine months before the end of his first term

and the President that has 96%+ negative news coverage, who is (so we are told), a racist, sexist, hater, a third grade reading comprehension, vulgar, has no idea how to run a country and now impeached. Has an approval rating of 44%

how does that happen?
Double standards.

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

how does that happen?

It's an indicator that people do not have confidence in the media.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
and now impeached. Has an approval rating of 44%
how does that happen?

Pretty easy to understand when one looks
at who Trump will be running against.
M-Bob

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,888.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Of course the thought that everybody loved Obama is a bunch of nonsense!

I think when media highlights the question of approval ratings people should know it really doesn't say much of anything.

You ask a question do you approve of Trump? To whatever number says no means nothing. The real question is would you vote for him in the next election? The media always tend to stay away from that question. I've read from many that don't like him or care for his style but they say YES they'll vote for him for sure.

You can not approve of the man but love his policies. So if there's a thought that one has to make him likeable....that'd be good but not absolutely necessary.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I might point out that President Obama's over all approval ratings for his 8 years in office was 48%.
Presidential Job Approval Center

President Trump's in his 3 years is 40%.
In fact as I understand it he has the lowest approval ratings of all American President's since they started doing these polls.
tulc(just thought that should be pointed out) :wave:

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I might point out that President Obama's over all approval ratings for his 8 years in office was 48%.

In fact as I understand it he has the lowest approval ratings of all American President's since they started doing these polls.

Doesn't really matter because,
Trump has 4 more years to work on that.
M

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

while an interesting question, thank you for your participation. I can’t see its relevance to this point in either president’s careers.

it simply doesn’t change, nor have an appreciable impact on the question in the OP.

if however you would like to compare their two term overall approval, please come back when applicable, thank you

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,888.00
Faith
Non-Denom

Well Tulc if Trump wins the election in November maybe we'll point that out to you. lol :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

how does that happen?
And one more indicator that might be mentioned is the one that asks about the direction of the country (is it getting better or worse).

Under Obama, that indicator was at 28-31% for what seemed to be the longest time, whereas it has been around 38-42% or so under Trump. But this is a much less inflammatory question to ask than "Should he be impeached?" or some of the similar poll questions that we read about.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And one more indicator that might be mentioned is the one that asks about the direction of the country (is it getting better or worse).

Under Obama, that indicator was at 28-31% for what seemed to be the longest time, whereas it has been around 38-42% or so under Trump. But this is a much less inflammatory question to ask than "Should he be impeached?" or some of the similar poll questions that we read about.

combine that with how many minority families are no longer at the poverty level and the lowest unemployment rate in history. Combine that with the opportunity zones the resident has created brining new businesses into the minority communities.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟265,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
combine that with how many minority families are no longer at the poverty level and the lowest unemployment rate in history. Combine that with the opportunity zones the resident has created brining new businesses into the minority communities.

It’s not all rosy for all minorities right now Black Homeownership Drops to All-Time Low

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It’s not all rosy for all minorities right now Black Homeownership Drops to All-Time Low
The decline mainly occurred between 2004 and 2017 and was caused by a number of factors--changes in federal regulations on mortgages which had been demanded by Congressional Democrats and the burden of student loan repayments which, perhaps surprisingly, is reported as hitting the black community as hard as it has affected other races.

• Agree
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
while an interesting question, thank you for your participation. I can’t see its relevance to this point in either president’s careers.

it simply doesn’t change, nor have an appreciable impact on the question in the OP.

if however you would like to compare their two term overall approval, please come back when applicable, thank you
well except his over all average for his first 4 years in office was 48% and so far President Trump's is 40% so I'm thinking that would be relevant to this discussion. Those numbers come from the OP by the way, so while he had a 45% rating at the same time in his administration, his over all rating is 48% while President Trumps is 40%. Which is a pretty big difference. In a separate statistic President Trump definatly has the lead over President Obama: his disapproval ratings are consistently higher then President Obama's were. his lowest rate was 47% and that was after 9 days in office, after that he's reached 50% disapproval only three times in his three years in office. So...he's probably going to take the record in that regard. Presidential Job Approval Center
tulc(thought that was interesting as well) :wave:

Upvote 0