Put Revelation in order

Status
Not open for further replies.

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,108.44
Faith
Messianic
You can see that the unleavened bread was given to represent Yeshua sinless body sacrificed in our place when we deserved to die for our sins. The wine represents His shed blood to cover our sins. The foot washing given to represent how as He has served us so we are to serve one another.

Another interesting thing about the customs of the Jews on the Feast of Unleaven Bread/Passover is the giving of alms to the poor.

In John 13:27-30, we read:
“
As soon as Judas took the bread, Satan entered into him. ‘What you are about to do, do quickly,’ Yeshua told him, but no one at the meal understood why Yeshua said this to him. Since Judas had charge of the money, some thought Yeshua was telling him to buy what was needed for the Feast, or to give something to the poor. As soon as Judas had taken the bread, he went out. And it was night.”

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,108.44
Faith
Messianic
This would make no sense if it were not the Seder meal. One normally would not go out into the streets to give money to the poor on an ordinary night. However, on Passover night the doors of the Temple were opened at midnight (Josephus, Antiquities of the Jews 18:290 and a crowd of poor people gathered to receive alms. Thus it was a custom to give alms to the poor at night on Passover, but night time alms were in no way customary at other times, meaning Yeshua’s direction to Judas would not have been so understood by the apostles if it were given at any time other than Passover evening. The fact that the apostles had this in mind is reinforced by the fact that the other explanation they thought of-- that Judas was being sent out to buy something for the Feast -- is also focused on special customs connected with the Passover (/Unleavened Bread) feast.

The rich man’s tomb was another fulfillment that Yeshua fulfilled. The Prophet Isaiah spoke of the rich man coming and taking Yeshua’ body and burying it in his own tomb
Matthew 27:57-60 When the even was come, there came a rich man of Arimathaea, named Joseph, who also himself was Yeshua’ disciple: 58 He went to Pilate, and begged the body of Yeshua. Then Pilate commanded the body to be delivered. 59 And when Joseph had taken the body, he wrapped it in a clean linen cloth, 60 And laid it in his own new tomb, which he had hewn out in the rock: and he rolled a great stone to the door of the sepulchre, and departed.
Isaiah 53:9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.
Our Lord Yeshua is the unleaven bread, the flesh that died, that we might live. It was during the feast of the unleaven bread that Yeshua was in the tomb. It is interesting that in one Jewish custom they celebrate the first two days of the Feasts of Unleaven Bread as given to the stranger, the gentiles and the third day of celebration for themselves in celebration and observance. Sometimes customs have a way of speaking to the heart because of a broader meaning.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,108.44
Faith
Messianic
Now these people were tremendously afflicted in the land of Egypt. The bread that they ate was called the bread of affliction. The bread that we eat as Christians is also the bread of affliction but it is His being afflicted for us and in our place. That is found in Isaiah chapter fifty-three.
Isaiah 53:4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted
Isaiah 63:9 In all their affliction he was afflicted, and the angel of his presence saved them: in his love and in his pity he redeemed them; and he bare them, and carried them all the days of old.
1 Corinthians 5:8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth
It is clear no one can take part in the Passover memorial unless he or she has committed himself or herself to Yeshua. Have you ever heard the saying, “You are what you eat”? That is why it is unleavened bread and unleavened wine for there is no sin representation to be found in Christ, and there is to be no sin found in us. Partaking today of the communion bread and wine in sincerity and truth, with a consecrated heart to be more like Him, who is our example and our hope of salvation, is our memorial to Christ for what He has done for us.
1 Cor. 10:17 For we being many are one bread, and one body: for we are all partakers of that one bread.
Another flilfiliment requirement was that the bone not be broken. And this was also fhlfilled while Yeshua was dead on the cross.
Ex 12:46 In one house shall it be eaten; thou shalt not carry forth ought of the flesh abroad out of the house; neither shall ye break a bone thereof
Numbers 9:12 They shall leave none of it unto the morning, nor break any bone of it: according to all the ordinances of the passover they shall keep it.
John 19:32 Then came the soldiers, and brake the legs of the first, and of the other which was crucified with him. 33 But when they came to Yeshua, and saw that he was dead already, they brake not his legs:

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,108.44
Faith
Messianic
First fruits comes in the spring the day after the first weekly Sabbath after the Passover. (Leviticus 23.9-14). The day after the first weekly Sabbath following Passover is also known as the Wave Sheaf Yeshua was resurrected on the Feast of First Fruits. This particular year, the Passover was on Thursday and Yeshua was in the grave for the three days and three nights just as He said He would be.
Matthew 12:4 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale’s belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,108.44
Faith
Messianic
This feast the Jews today do not observe the First Fruits or the Wave Sheaf even though commanded to by God because it deals with the resurrection. Until they are reconciled with the death and resurrection of Yeshua as their Messiah and the fulfillment of this spring time feast, they probably wont. It could easily be because of the death and resurrection of Yeshua and their position that He was not the Messiah they had waited for, they have chosen to not observe it.

It was a spring harvest festival for the people of the land. The deadness of winter is past and the earth is once again putting forth new leaves and blooming. Since this was the beginning of the barley season, the Jews were expected to bring some sheaves of the green barley to the Temple as an offering and in anticipation of a bountiful harvest that fall. Since Yeshua raises people instead of plants, His offering of first fruits to the Father was comprised of resurrected saints as seen in
Matthew 17:52-53.The tombs broke open and the bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life. 53 They came out of the tombs, and after Yeshua’ resurrection they went into the holy city and appeared to many people.
This offering was the fulfillment of the festival, they were the first fruits of the bountiful harvest to come.
Rev. 1:5 And from Yeshua Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings o
f the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
Is He the first begotten of physical death?
Acts 26:22-23 Having therefore obtained help of God, I continue unto this day, witnessing both to small and great, saying none other things than those which the prophets and Moses did say should come:23 That Christ should suffer, and that he should be the first that should rise from the dead, and should shew light unto the people, and to the Gentiles.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,108.44
Faith
Messianic
1 Peter 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in (same word as by the spirit) the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit
Eph. 2:4-6 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, 5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) 6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Yeshua:
We know that those that were resurrected the same time that Yeshua was, are the first fruits of the harvest, a fulfillment of the this ceremonial Sabbath.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,108.44
Faith
Messianic
Feast of Pentecost is considered a summer harvest of the land celebration. (Leviticus 23.15-22) You can read about the first Pentecost in Exodus 32:28.
Exodus32:26 Then Moses stood in the gate of the camp, and said, Who is on the LORD’s side? let him come unto me. And all the sons of Levi gathered themselves together unto him. 27 And he said unto them, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side, and go in and out from gate to gate throughout the camp, and slay every man his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his neighbour. 28 And the children of Levi did according to the word of Moses: and there fell of the people that day about three thousand men.
Isn’t it amazing that three thousand people died in the first Pentecost and when Peter got up and preached on the day of Pentecost, three thousand people were born again?
Acts 2:1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place 2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. 3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. 4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance. 5 And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven. 6 Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.
Acts 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
The upper room experience was a fulfillment of the feast Pentecost.
John 14:15-17 If ye love me, keep my commandments. 16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,108.44
Faith
Messianic
Did you notice the detail that all the spring type feasts were fulfilled by the first coming of Yeshua Christ. These feasts that had significant fulfillment with the first coming of Yeshua also point to the future fulfillment of the fall feasts for His Second Coming. We are to appear before the Lord they God in the place and appointed time that He chooses. You are not to appear empty. May this study full you up with the knowledge that the fall feasts are significant in the last days of earth’s history and our lives.
Deut. 16:16 Three times in a year shall all thy males appear before the LORD thy God in the place which he shall choose; in the Feasts of unleavened bread, and in the Feasts of weeks, and in the Feasts of tabernacles: and they shall not appear before the LORD empty:
Lev. 23:1-4 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 2 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, Concerning the Feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, even these are my Feasts. 3 Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the Sabbath of rest, an holy convocation; ye shall do no work therein: it is the Sabbath of the LORD in all your dwellings. 4 These are the Feasts of the LORD, even holy convocations, which ye shall proclaim in their seasons.
The ceremonial feasts are there for a reason, this is more than just an old testament and an old covenant. God always has deeper meaning to everything He does. The new covenant of Yeshua was a fulfillment of the spring time feasts. Since it was fulfilled in a reality in the life of Christ, let us take a closer look at the fall feasts that God has given us.

Upvote 0

HisdaughterJen

Mar 8, 2007
this side of eternity
✟18,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We know that those that were resurrected the same time that Yeshua was, are the first fruits of the harvest, a fulfillment of the this ceremonial Sabbath.

Ok...so they with Christ are the "grain" offering, the first firstfruits offering of the field...and the second firstfruits offering which is the bread of the field comes sometime later...which is the church, correct?

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,108.44
Faith
Messianic
Feast of Trumpets is the First day of the seventh month and start of the civil year.(Leviticus 23.23-25) Hebrew name is Rosh HaShanah which literally means head of the year on the Jewish Calendar it falls around September or October depending on the year. It is Tishri 1 of the Jewish month and first day of the year on the Jewish civil calendar. The Jews have two calendars, one which they call the sacred calendar and the other that they call the civil. They believe that since God never abrogated the old calendar when He gave them the new calendar they are to have two calendars. This is why Joel says that Christ will come in the first month, both for the first coming and for the second, both in the spring and in the fall.

Interesting that you find seven trumpets in Revelation and not many people have made any connection with the Feast of Trumpets. It would take understanding of the Feast of Trumpets throughout scripture and prophecy of old and new testament prophets to glean concepts and understand the significance of the Feast of Trumpets. The Feast of Trumpets are about remembrances, a memorial, but the Bible does not tell us what we are supposed to remember!

Neither the name of the festival or the meaning of the festival are made explicitly clear in the Bible. The symbolism of this festival is something of a mystery, a sort of Bible riddle begging to be solved. The Bible grants us only two sparse verses to explain the festival:
Leviticus 23:23,24 In the seventh month, on first day of the month, it will be for you a sabbath, a trumpet blast memorial, a sacred assembly. 24 All regular work you shall not do, and you shall cause to be brought near to the LORD an offering made by fire.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,108.44
Faith
Messianic
Ok...so they with Christ are the "grain" offering, the first firstfruits offering of the field...and the second firstfruits offering which is the bread of the field comes sometime later...which is the church, correct?
I know of no second first fruit offering. In the sequence of the feasts, there is only one first fruits... In the harvest feasts.. there is a fall harvest that is tied to the feast of tabernacles which is the last one..

Upvote 0

HisdaughterJen

Mar 8, 2007
this side of eternity
✟18,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Did you notice the detail that all the spring type feasts were fulfilled by the first coming of Yeshua Christ. These feasts that had significant fulfillment with the first coming of Yeshua also point to the future fulfillment of the fall feasts for His Second Coming. We are to appear before the Lord they God in the place and appointed time that He chooses. You are not to appear empty. May this study full you up with the knowledge that the fall feasts are significant in the last days of earth’s history and our lives.

The ceremonial feasts are there for a reason, this is more than just an old testament and an old covenant. God always has deeper meaning to everything He does. The new covenant of Yeshua was a fulfillment of the spring time feasts. Since it was fulfilled in a reality in the life of Christ, let us take a closer look at the fall feasts that God has given us.

Yes...and do you suppose that the 7 sealed scroll (possibly two-sided according to Zech) has four seals on side one and three seals on side two that were/are opened in the same manner...

4 when Christ ascended and 3 more as He is about to come...

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,108.44
Faith
Messianic
This memorial is yet to have an event to memorialize it. We have yet to fulfill this event. By faith we are to keep it. By faith, we are to understand it. So let us begin with the offering made by fire. To be tried in the fires, the cleansing spoken of, is to have a purification effect which will be total and complete just as it is in Yeshua. We are the offering, the sacrificing of our sins in the flesh, that we may live the spiritual life with Yeshua. The sacred assembly will be those who are looking forward to the fulfillment of the Feasts of Trumpets.
Zechariah 13:9 And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God.
1 Peter 1:7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Yeshua Christ:
Revelation 3:18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

Upvote 0

HisdaughterJen

Mar 8, 2007
this side of eternity
✟18,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I know of no second first fruit offering. In the sequence of the feasts, there is only one first fruits... In the harvest feasts.. there is a fall harvest that is tied to the feast of tabernacles which is the last one..

Hmmm...I'm thinking of Lev 23 (I think) where there is a grain offering and then 50 days later a grain/bread offering from the harvest.

Lev 23:16Count off fifty days up to the day after the seventh Sabbath, and then present an offering of new grain to the Lord.
Lev 23:17From wherever you live, bring two loaves made of two-tenths of an ephah of fine flour, baked with yeast, as a wave offering of firstfruits to the Lord.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,108.44
Faith
Messianic
In Yeshua’s ministry you will find there the promise that He will cleanse His temple twice. At the start when you first gave your heart to Yeshua and received the baptism of the Holy Spirit which is the first cleansing. So your first cleansing of your temple by Yeshua through the Holy Spirit starts your journey with Him. At the end, with what is called the latter rain there will be a greater baptism called the Baptism of Fire. In order to understand the third baptism which is of fire, you need to understand that God is a consuming fire. Sin is consumed, and if the sinner is still entangled in the sin, he too will be consumed.
Deuteronomy 4:24 For the LORD thy God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God.
Deuteronomy 9:3 Understand therefore this day, that the LORD thy God is he which goeth over before thee; as a consuming fire he shall destroy them, and he shall bring them down before thy face: so shalt thou drive them out, and destroy them quickly, as the LORD hath said unto thee.
In that day, when the Lord returns, if you are not prepared to stand before God, the consuming fire, then
Psalm 68:2 As smoke is driven away, so drive them away: as wax melteth before the fire, so let the wicked perish at the presence of God.
If you are prepared to stand before God, washed by the blood of the Lamb, baptized by the Holy Spirit, living the new life found in Christ, prepared by His Word for this day because you have been baptized with fire, you will be changed from mortal to immortal to live with the Lord for all eternity when He returns to gather you home.
Psalm 102:26 They shall perish, but thou shalt endure: yea, all of them shall wax old like a garment; as a vesture shalt thou change them, and they shall be changed:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,108.44
Faith
Messianic
It should be the hope of all believers to be able to stand in that day and say “this is my God, and I shall dwell with Him forever in the devouring fire.” As the next verse of Isaiah 33 indicates, it takes the upright, believing saint to walk in the devouring fire with God.
Isaiah 33:15 He that walketh righteously, and speaketh uprightly; he that despiseth the gain of oppressions, that shaketh his hands from holding of bribes, that stoppeth his ears from hearing of blood, and shutteth his eyes from seeing evil;

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,108.44
Faith
Messianic
We need to prepare ourselves to meet the Lord when he returns. We need to understand that God is real and a consuming fire. Since God has not been presented in this light, it is important that you gain a imagery of reality that has not been approached by but a few writers like Paul.
Hebrews 12:29 For our God is a consuming fire.
Ps 66:12 A fire goeth before him, and burneth up his enemies round about.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,108.44
Faith
Messianic
We shall be glad and rejoice for when we see this big ball of fire at His Coming, we will not see it as the world see it. It will not be the day of His Wrath but the Day of Our Redemption for us. It is the same fire, but for those who have been told to be afraid of the eternal fire, it is danmation they see. For those that are looking for a God who is a consuming fire, they see redemption and salvation. Like Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, they will not be burned up. They will be able to live in the midst of the fire with God.
Daniel 3:25 He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God. We will dwell in the midst of the fire forever with our God. That is why there is no need for the light of the sun or moon in the New Heaven and New Earth, for God is our light.
Rev 21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,108.44
Faith
Messianic
We have that beautiful promise that it will not burn us up.
I
saiah 43:2 When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned, neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.
The importance of baptism by fire is the final preparation to meet God and it is found in the work of the Holy Spirit in greater measure than that which was in the first baptism which is known as the early rain. The early rain is just a sample of the cleansing by fire done seven times in all of us before the Second Coming. Like Yeshua said:
Luke 12:49 I am come to send fire on the earth, and what will I, if it be already kindled?
1 Peter 1:7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Yeshua Christ:
Sins are consumed by fire and all the wicked that are attached to their sins are also consumed by fire. It will not be any different for the sinner as it is for Lucifer.
Ezekiel 28:18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.
Many have tried to explain the unquenchable fire, but looking at it in the light that our God is a consuming fire, it will change the way that you see what Yeshua was talking about.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.