Put Revelation in order

Status
Not open for further replies.

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
There are seven feasts; four in the spring and three in the fall. God gave these feasts, the set feasts or appointed seasons of the Lord to teach us about Christ’s ministry. Christ would come twice, as faithful as the rain in the spring and then later again the rain in the fall; once in the spring and once in the fall. The harvest that Christ is looking forward to is us, from the seeds he planted in our hearts, to the full mature plant bearing fruit of the Spirit.
Hosea 6:3 Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the LORD: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth.
Joel 2:23 Be glad then, ye children of Zion, and rejoice in the LORD your God: for he hath given you the former rain moderately, and he will cause to come down for you the rain, the former rain, and the latter rain in the first month.
Yeshua fulfilled the four spring festivals when He came the first time. The four spring time feasts that He fulfilled are the Passover, the Feast of Unleaven Bread, the Wave Sheaf or First Fruits and the Feasts of Weeks or Pentecost. Let us take a look at these four feasts as see some of the things that the Lord did to fulfill them.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Passover (Exodus 12.5-11; Leviticus 23.5) The slaying of the lamb and Exodus out of Egypt are the symbolic type upon which the feast was first instituted. Historically before Christ, Passover marked the national liberation of the Hebrews from Egyptian slavery. (See Exodus 12:2-11) Passover literally means the lamb. God instructed each family to take an unblemished year-old male lamb into their home on the tenth day of the first month. They were to examine the lamb for four days to see that it was perfect. On the evening of the fourth day, they were to kill the lamb and take some of the lamb’s blood and place it on the two doorposts and the lintel of their house. On this first Passover, the avenging angel of God killed every first born male throughout the land, from Pharaoh, to slave, to camel. The angel of death would pass over those homes which the homeowners believers protected themselves by placing the blood of a lamb on their doorposts and lintels. So are we today to place the blood of the lamb on the doorposts of our heart and mind to protect us from the final plagues that will be meted out in the end of earth’s history.
Isaiah 53:7 He was oppressed and treated harshly, yet he never said a word. He was led as a lamb to the slaughter.
Christ our The Passover Lamb

Out of all the sacrificial services, the Passover is so well known and remembered as the sacrifice of Yeshua our Passover Lamb. The Passover Lamb was the first sacrifice that Israel, as a nation, was commanded to make. Against the drama unfolding in Exodus, the Passover sacrifice strikes an indelible impression on the mind of the reader as significant as it was in Egypt it was more significant in Jerusalem.
Exodus 12:43 And God said unto Moses and Aaron, This is the ordinance of the Passover: There shall no stranger eat thereof: 44. But every man’s servant that is bought for money, when thou hast circumcised him, then shall he eat thereof. 45. A foreigner and an hired servant shall not eat thereof.
We are Yeshua’s servants He has purchased us with His blood. Through His Sacrifice our hearts are to be circumcised so we can receive His Commandments.
1 Corinthians 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 20 For ye are bought with a price:
therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.
1 Corinthians 7:22 For he that is called in the Lord, being a servant, is the Lord’s freeman: likewise also he that is called, being free, is Christ’s servant. 23 Ye are bought with a price; be not ye the servants of men.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.
In that story of the night in Egypt, the stakes were very high. Death is coming to the land of Egypt. Even the Israelites will not be spared as the LORD comes to strike the firstborn of man and beast. It is a judgment from heaven, a terror in the night. No merits for innocence and guilt. Faith and creed were irrelevant. The righteous will perish with the wicked. Previous plagues had shown favoritism, sparing the Jews in the midst of Egypt. The tenth plague, however, was completely impartial. Just as in life itself, death knows no boundaries, the tenth plague will strike Egyptian and Jewish homes alike.
Exodus 12:29 And it came to pass, that at midnight the LORD smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive that was in the dungeon; and all the firstborn of cattle. 30 And Pharaoh rose up in the night, he, and all his servants, and all the Egyptians; and there was a great cry in Egypt; for there was not a house where there was not one dead.
Only those who are within homes marked by the blood of a lamb will be spared. Had the Egyptians imitated the ritual slaughter of the Passover lamb, marking their homes with the blood in like manner, they too would have been spared. The only criteria for salvation is the blood on the doorway. The Passover and the blood are a type of Christ’s redeeming work. What does God see? He sees the blood of the lamb symbolic of His only begotten Son: as it is said, ‘God will see for himself the lamb .‘ Genesis 22:8 The blood of the Passover lamb symbolizes God’s only begotten Son. The blood of Yeshua serves in the atoning work of covering our sins. God remembers the sacrifice when he sees the lamb’s blood, and in merit of Yeshua’s willing sacrifice, he then spares that house from wrath.
Corinthians 5:7 Christ, our Passover Lamb, has been sacrificed for us.
Yeshua was to completely fulfilled the Passover events with exact timing. John saw Yeshua coming toward him and recognized right away this was promised sacrifice and said,
John 1:29 Behold There is the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!
At Yeshua’s Appointed Time, the feast of Passover was met with the fulfillment. It was not on any other time, date, month, year, just the appointed time found in the feast of the Passover. Why this Passover? Many speculate it may have to do with the Jubilee cycle.
Lev 23:4,5 These are the appointed times of the LORD, holy convocations which you shall proclaim at the times appointed for them. In the first month, on the fourteenth day of the month at twilight is the LORD’s Passover.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Moed is the Hebrew word for appointed time, often translated as festival, but actually means appointment. Passover and The Feast of Unleavened Bread are moedim or appointed times. They are the LORD’s appointed times for doing business with man. The idea of Passover as an appointed time is expressed by the words of Yeshua as he prepares to meet his own appointed time in Jerusalem. In Mathew 26:17,18, Yeshua calls this particular Passover my appointed time. Yeshua has identified the appointed time of the not only the Passover but also the Festival of Unleavened Bread as his appointed time for fulfillment. Thirty three years Yeshua lived and walked on the earth. But that year, he says that the Passover is His appointed time.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
In Colossians 2:16-17, Paul gives the festivals, new moons and Sabbaths prophetic value by saying they were shadows of things to come. The appointed times in the ceremonial feasts are shadows of things to come. This particular verse in Col 2:16-17 has not been clearly studied and understood today as it must have been commonly understood in Paul’s day. Paul saw no need to explain the messianic and prophetic interpretations to be found in the festivals. He was raised on these festivals and probably thought they were commonly understood and they probably were for their point and time.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Jewish traditions have always taught that redemption from Egypt foreshadowed the great and final redemption brought about through the Messiah. Jewish commentators regarded Moses as a type of the Messiah coming. The Passover meal is full of Messianic allusions and prophetic expectations. There is even a Jewish tradition of setting a chair at the table for Elijah, the heralder of the Christ.

Paul never explained and probably never felt the need to explain or defend his words, because his interpretation of Christ as Passover Lamb was from years of keeping the feasts. In the first century, believers regarded the Passover sacrifice of a lamb as finding a type of Messianic satisfaction in the death of Yeshua. We today have no problem with Yeshua as the Passover lamb but have lost the prophetic value of what it truly means in the light of prophetic fulfillment.

There is an appointed place for all this to occur. Yeshua knew this particular Feast of Unleaven Bread was his appointed time. Yeshua had been keeping all the feasts through out His entire life, studying it since He was old enough to understand and yet this particular year, this particular Passover, Feast of Unleaven Bread, First Fruit or Feast of Weeks and Penecost were in His mind as the appointed time. What was it about this particular spring time feasts that Yeshua knew were going to be prophetic reality? What did Yeshua know about these feasts and their timing, that He knew it was His appointed time? What did Yeshua see in the Spring Feasts that lead Him to fulfill them the way that He did and not the way that the people of that time had hoped?

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
In Exodus chapter 12, are the instructions for the celebration of Passover. The children of Israel were to choose a lamb for the Passover sacrifice on the 10th day of the 1st month, 4 days before the actual slaughtering was to be done.
John 12:1, 13-16 Then Yeshua six days before the Passover came to Bethany, where Lazarus was, which had been dead, whom he raised from the dead. 12 On the next day much people that were come to the feast, when they heard that Yeshua was coming to Jerusalem, 13 Took branches of palm trees, and went forth to meet him, and cried, Hosanna: Blessed is the King of Israel that cometh in the name of the Lord. 14 And Yeshua, when he had found a young ass, sat thereon; as it is written, 15 Fear not, daughter of Sion: behold, thy King cometh, sitting on an ass’s colt. 16 These things understood not his disciples at the first: but when Yeshua was glorified, then remembered they that these things were written of him, and that they had done these things unto him

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
In the chronology of the time calculations that Yeshua made His made His famous entry back into Jerusalem on the donkey, it was the time for Israel to choose their Lamb of God.
Zechariah 9:9 Rejoice greatly, 0 daughter of Zion; shout, 0 daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass
Matthew 21:1 And when they drew nigh unto Jerusalem, and were come to Bethphage, unto the mount of Olives, then sent Yeshua two disciples, 2 Saying unto them, Go into the village over against you, and straightway ye shall find an ass tied, and a colt with her: loose them, and bring them unto me. 3 And if any man say ought unto you, ye shall say, The Lord hath need of them; and straightway he will send them. 4 All this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, 5 Tell ye the daughter of Sion, Behold, thy King cometh unto thee, meek, and sitting upon an ass, and a colt the foal of an ass. 6 And the disciples went, and did as Yeshua commanded them, 7 And brought the ass, and the colt, and put on them their clothes, and they set him thereon. 8 And a very great multitude spread their garments in the way; others cut down branches from the trees, and strawed them in the way. 9 And the multitudes that went before, and that followed, cried, saying, Hosanna to the son of David: Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord; Hosanna in the highest. 10 And when he was come into Jerusalem, all the city was moved, saying, Who is this? 11 And the multitude said, This is Yeshua the prophet of Nazareth of Galilee. 12 And Yeshua went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves, 13 And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves. 14 And the blind and the lame came to him in the temple; and he healed them. 15 And when the chief priests and scribes saw the wonderful things that he did, and the children crying in the temple, and saying, Hosanna to the son of David; they were sore displeased, 16 And said unto him, Hearest thou what these say? And Yeshua saith unto them, Yea; have ye never read, Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings thou hast perfected praise?

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
They were claiming him to be the long awaited Christ with their shouting. God instructed the people to purchase an unblemished lamb. The people chose Yeshua as their Messiah. Unwittingly, they chose Yeshua as their Passover lamb on the day the lambs were to be chosen.

Blemish check was an important aspect in the Passover lamb choosing. Levitical instructions are that the lamb must be checked for blemishes as only a perfect, spotless and unblemished lamb would suffice for the Passover Lamb. At this time, Yeshua goes to the Temple to teach. While there, he is approached by the Pharisees, the Saducees, and various other groups, each with different and difficult questions, trying to trap him in his words.

I found three authoritative checks made on this Lamb of God...
Matt 22:15 Then went the Pharisees, and took counsel how they might entangle him in his talk.16 And they sent out unto him their disciples with the Herodians, saying, Master, we know that thou art true, and teachest the way of God in truth, neither carest thou for any man: for thou regardest not the person of men. 17 Tell us therefore, What thinkest thou? Is it lawful to give tribute unto Caesar, or not? 18 But Yeshua perceived their wickedness, and said, Why tempt ye me, ye hypocrites? 19 Shew me the tribute money. And they brought unto him a penny. 20 And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription?21 They say unto him, Caesar’s. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar’s; and unto God the things that are God’s. 22 When they had heard these words, they marvelled, and left him, and went their way.
And this one done by the Sadducees....
Matt 22:23 The same day came to him the Sadducees, which say that there is no resurrection, and asked him, 24 Saying, Master, Moses said, If a man die, having no children, his brother shall marry his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother. 25 Now there were with us seven brethren: and the first, when he had married a wife, deceased, and, having no issue, left his wife unto his brother:26 Likewise the second also, and the third, unto the seventh. 27 And last of all the woman died also.28 Therefore in the resurrection whose wife shall she be of the seven? for they all had her. 29 Yeshua answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God. 30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven. 31 But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying, 32 I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living. 33 And when the multitude heard this, they were astonished at his doctrine.
And even the legal aspect were check out....
Matt 22:3 5 Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying, 36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law? 37 Yeshua said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets. 41 While the Pharisees were gathered together, Yeshua asked them, 42 Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The son of David. 43 He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying, 44 The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool? 45 If David then call him Lord, how is he his son? 46 And no man was able to answer him a word, neither durst any man from that day forth ask him any more questions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
yeah... are you familiar on how Yeshua fulfilled the spring feasts... because if you are not then we should continue there and understand that God was in the details of fulfilling the spring feasts and in like manner will fulfill the fall feasts.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Yeshua eats with His disciples at the Last Supper knowing that He will be the Passover Lamb the next morning and fulfilling this event. He will be buried at the time that they will be eating the flesh of the Passover lamb. They will be thinking about the last supper as they partake of the Passover lamb. It will all come together for them, how tradition meets reality in Christ. When the proper time for the Passover arrives the following evening, Yeshua will already be buried, and so with that in mind, He has tried to prepare His disciples for what is soon to come to pass.
Matthew 12:40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale’s belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
Appointed sacrifice time would be fulfilled with matching Passover lamb sacrifice in the temple and Yeshua dying on the cross. It is the third hour, 9:00 AM when he is on the cross crucified
Mark 15:25 And it was the third hour, and they crucified him.
Pilgrims bringing up their lambs for the Passover slaughter, starting with the High Priest offering the his lamb as the first Passover Lamb. While this slaughter is about to occur, it would not be surprising that God rents the curtain signifying that the Lamb of God has been offered and this service has now been fulfilled by the Son of God upon the cross. Yeshua had then been hanging on the cross for six hours when He died. The very hour at which the Passover lambs were to be slain in the temple. Yeshua, the lamb, died. The curtain is rent.
Matthew 27:51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
This probably caused consternation and turmoil for those that witnessed this phenomena. For such a thing to happen, must have caused many of them wondering what was the cause of this supernatural event. And then afterwards wondering what did it all mean. Those with hardened hearts, moved swiftly to stifle the truth and enquiring minds. After the Passover was over, during the next day in which they were to make preparation for the up coming weekly sabbath, the religious leaders when to the political leaders and asked for assistance in blocking any further events that would point to the one that they crucified being the One. The day following the Passover was not the Sabbath but the preparation day for the weekly Sabbath. Yeshua was in the grave from Passover til First Fruits or Sunday which would be three days.
Matthew 27:62 Now the next day, that followed the day of the preparation, the chief priests and Pharisees came together unto Pilate, 63 Saying, Sir, we remember that that deceiver said, while he was yet alive, After three days I will rise again. 64 Command therefore that the sepulchre be made sure until the third day, lest his disciples come by night, and steal him away, and say unto the people, He is risen from the dead: so the last error shall be worse than the first. 65 Pilate said unto them, Ye have a watch: go your way, make it as sure as ye can. 66 So they went, and made the sepulchre sure, sealing the stone, and setting a watch.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Quick review of what was fulfilled. They were to examine the lamb for four days to make sure it was without blemish and Yeshua was examined for four days in the Temple. On the fourteenth, the lamb was to be slain at 3 p.m. and the blood spread on the lintel and Yeshua was crucified on Passover and died at 3 p.m. Yeshua became our Passover Lamb that day. Yeshua also fulfilled the Passover spring time feast.

Since Nisan 10 was a Sunday that year and four days later was the Passover sacrificed, Yeshua was actually crucified on Thursday. Centuries later as the church separated itself from its Jewish roots and began to develop it’s own celebrations, the Church fathers looked at the Scriptures and read where Yeshua had to be taken down from the cross before sundown because the following day was a Sabbath. They thought that it meant the following day was Saturday, therefore, Yeshua had to have been crucified on Friday. That is where we get Good Friday. What they failed to realize is that the day after Passover which is the Feast on Unleavened Bread, was declared by God to be a Sabbath (the High Sabbath which John 19:3 1 talks about) regardless of which day of the week it actually fell on.
John 19:3 1 The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, (for that sabbath day was an high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away.
Check out the 30 AD Calendar at the time of the Passover

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
It could also mean that this was a special sabbath, not only a ceremonial sabbath, but an overlapping sabbath ( Jubilee). Yeshua had to have some prophetic indication that this particular year was of value prophetically. The idea that this might also have been a Jubilee comes from the text in which reads that the prisoners were set free. Jubilee is a time to set prisoners, slaves and people were freed from old debts.
Psalm 142:7 Bring my soul out of prison, that I may praise thy name: the righteous shall compass me about; for thou shalt deal bountifully with me.
Isaiah 42:7 To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.
The Lord was setting a lot of people free by the salvation offered that day upon the cross. The controversy over the Jubilees lies in the reading of scripture that Yeshua did at the start of His ministry when He read out of Isaiah stopping short of reading the complete verse and then telling everyone that today it is being fulfilled in their ears. This is a Jubilee prophecy.
Luke 4:17 And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written, 18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, 19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord. 20 And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.21 And he began to say unto them, This day is this
scripture fulfilled in your ears.
The full proclamation in Isaiah included one more line which Yeshua did not quote. That is because this prophecy will again have a fuller fulfillment in the last days.
Isaiah 61:1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; 2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;
Yeshua has freed the minds of men, the day that they come to the cross for salvation, truly repentant of their sins are granted the saving grace of God. There is a second fulfillment of the prophecy when it will become the day of vengeance of our God.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Feast of Unleaven Bread is found in Leviticus 23.6 and the Jewish Calendar date is Nisan 15-21. The somberness of this memorial dictates that only those who have committed themselves to Yeshua through baptism and the laying on of hands to receive the Holy Spirit should partake in this service. We find the restriction of those who are only allowed to participate in this occasion in Exodus:
Exodus 12:43 And God said unto Moses and Aaron, This is the ordinance of the Passover: There shall no stranger eat thereof: 44. But every man’s servant that is bought for money, when thou hast circumcised him, then shall he eat thereof. 45. A foreigner and an hired servant shall not eat thereof.
1 Corinthians 7:18 Is any man called being circumcised? Let him not become uncircumcised. Is any called in uncircumcision? Let him not be circumcised. 19. Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.
Jeremiah 4:4 Circumcise yourselves to the LORD, and take away the foreskins of your heart, ye men of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem: lest my fury come forth like fire, and burn that none can quench it, because of the evil of your doings.Romans 4:8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin. 9 Cometh this blessedness then upon the circumcision only, or upon the uncircumcision also? for we say that faith was reckoned to Abraham for righteousness. 10 How was it then reckoned? when he was in circumcision, or in uncircumcision? Not in circumcision, but in uncircumcision. 11 And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also: 12 And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised. 13 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith. 14 For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect: 15 Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression. 16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all, 17 (As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were. 18 Who against hope believed in hope, that he might become the father of many nations, according to that which was spoken, So shall thy seed be. 19 And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sarah’s womb: 20 He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief butwas strong in faith, giving glory to God; 21 And being fuiiy persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform. 22 And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness. 23 Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him; 24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Yeshua our Lord from the dead; 25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.
Hebrew 2:14”That through death, He destroyed him who has the power of death”.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Leaven is to be cast out. Levitical instructions are that before the Festival begins, all leaven must be cast out of the homes of the Israelites. Today, this regulation is still observed. Before the day of Passover, those that follow the Levitical teachings will spend a lot of time cleaning their home. They will be trying to remove every trace of leaven including any breadcrumbs from under the refrigerator, cabinets and shelves, in the sofa cushions and anywhere else they can think of that bread and its crumbs may be found from the home. Anything defined as leaven is removed before the Feast of Unleaven Bread starts.

It is during these days of casting out the leaven that Yeshua enters the Temple and casts out the moneychangers. In so doing Yeshua kept the command of cleansing the home by cleansing his Father’s house. Are we like Christ, cleansing our own minds and hearts from those things that separate us from the Lord, those things that leaven the Word of God? For our Lord Yeshua is the Unleaven Bread in our lives.
Matthew 21:12 And Yeshua went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves,

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
The Lord’s Supper

The Biblical day begins at sunset. If we follow John’s chronology, Yeshua and his disciples were settling into the upper room for his Last Supper as the Jerusalem sunset marked the beginning of the 14th day of the first month. In Exodus 12, the Israelites are commanded to kill the Passover Lamb on the 14th day of the 1st month. Yeshua was breaking bread and drinking the wine and introducing the disciples to the Lord’s supper on the evening of the fourteenth day of the month which is a fulfillment of that appointed time. At the beginning of the meal, three pieces of matzoth, an unleavened bread was placed in a bag with three compartments. Then, the piece of matzoth in the middle compartment, where you can see God the Son portrayed, is taken out and broken into two pieces, just like Yeshua is “broken” for us, and hidden. At the Last Supper, while Yeshua is preforming this pageantry He tells them that it is His body broken for them. Later before sundown and the start of another day Yeshua was buried. It was on the latter part of the first day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread that all this takes place.
Exodus 12:5 Your lamb shall be without blemish, a male of the first year: ye shall take it out from the sheep, or from the goats: 6 And ye shall keep it up until the fourteenth day of the same month: and the whole assembly of the congregation of Israel shall kill it in the evening. 7 And they shall take of the blood, and strike it on the two side posts and on the upper door post of the houses,wherein they shall eat it. 8 And they shall eat the flesh in that night, roast with fire, and unleavened bread; and with bitter herbs they shall eat it. 9 Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof. 10 And ye shall let nothing of it remain until the morning; and that which remaineth of it until the morning ye shall burn with fire. 11 And thus shall ye eat it; with your loins girded, your shoes on your feet, and your staff in your hand; and ye shall eat it in haste: it is the LORD’s Passover.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Passover is the first feast and on the Jewish calendar around March or April depending on the year in the month they call Nisan. Nisan is the first month of the Jewish religious calendar. Exodus 12-14 tells the story of the first Passover.
Exodus 12:5-6 Your lamb shall be without blemish, a male of the first year: ye shall take it out from the sheep, or from the goats: 6 And ye shall keep it up until the fourteenth day of the same month: and the whole assembly of the congregation of Israel shall kill it in the evening.

In the first century, a lamb was chosen by the high priest outside of Jerusalem on the tenth of Nisan. Then the priest would lead this lamb into the city while crowds of worshippers lined the streets waving palm branches and singing Psalm 118, “Blessed is He that comes in the name of the Lord.”

Since Yeshua is the our unleaven bread and His blood our memorial of the Passover lamb we no longer have to kill a lamb for this memorial. He is our eternal sacrifice (John 1:29). Yeshua institute new symbols for this most somber occasion.
Matthew 26:26: And as they were eating, Yeshua took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is My body. 27. And He took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it; 28. For this is My blood of the New Testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
Luke 22:17: And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and said, Take this, and divide it among yourselves: 18. For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come. 19. And He took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is My body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of Me. 20. Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in My blood, which is shed for you.
John 13:3 Yeshua knowing that the FATHER had given all things into His hands, and that He was come from God, and went to God; 4. He riseth from supper, and laid aside His garments; and took a towel, and girded Himself. 5. After that He poureth water into a basin, and began to wash the disciples’ feet, and to wipe them with the towel wherewith He was girded. 12. So after He had washed their feet, and had taken His garments, and was set down again, He said unto them, Know ye what I have done to you? 13. Ye call Me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am. 14. If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another’s feet. 15. For I have given you an example that ye should do as I have done to you.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.