Prayer requests post here!

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Xenophon

Jul 16, 2020
Smithfield
✟17,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I'm at the edge of throwing my baptismal cross at my priest and renouncing/denouncing everyone, including/especially the bishop, for following or requiring the covid regulations.

My anger is everlasting and never wanes and anyone who wears a mask, I spit upon in my heart.

Upvote 0

Xenophon

Jul 16, 2020
Smithfield
✟17,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Lord have mercy!

what good would that do?

No good at all.

I am suffering greatly, especially now as when I go to liturgy the presence of distortions (masks, camera, roped off pews - these are all demonic) that should not be there [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]es me off and it is a great struggle for me to remain calm and focus on the liturgy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,176,913.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I'm at the edge of throwing my baptismal cross at my priest and renouncing/denouncing everyone, including/especially the bishop, for following or requiring the covid regulations.

My anger is everlasting and never wanes and anyone who wears a mask, I spit upon in my heart.
Christians patiently endured far worse during the period where emperors enforced iconoclasm in the Church. This too will pass.

Consider too what Christ patiently endures everytime each of us comes to receive Him in Holy Communion. As much as we try to prepare ourselves we all fall far short, yet Christ willingly enters into the filthy temples of our souls and bodies.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Xenophon

Jul 16, 2020
Smithfield
✟17,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Christians patiently endured far worse during the period where emperors enforced iconoclasm in the Church. This too will pass

But to join into the body of this demon? How can so many do so? I admit my failing to anger, but this?

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,176,913.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
But to join into the body of this demon? How can so many do so? I admit my failing to anger, but this?
As my edited post says, Christ does this regularly with each of us.

Do not be angry at your brethren any more than you would be angry at some poor man you found beaten and robbed in an alleyway. Be angry at the one who has mugged your brethren and show mercy to your brethren. They are dazed and confused by what is happening and need prayer and compassion. They will not benefit at all from your misplaced anger. They are not your enemy, the demons are, so take your fight to them.

Something people don't realise about a holy place like Mount Athos is that the place is crawling with demons. They are there because the monks are engaging them in battle, and because so many demons are occupied there, there are far fewer demons out in the world to trouble the rest of us. If we make it our struggle to become like Christ then we will free others from being mugged by the demons because they will be too busy trying to mug us.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,462,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
No good at all.

I am suffering greatly, especially now as when I go to liturgy the presence of distortions (masks, camera, roped off pews - these are all demonic) that should not be there [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]es me off and it is a great struggle for me to remain calm and focus on the liturgy.

forgive me, but it sounds like your focus is on everything else and not on Christ. which is what the enemy wants.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,462,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

the Church isn't the body of this demon. it's the Body of Christ which is always attacked by demons.

Upvote 0