Visit site
✟435,470.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Am in a mild state of shock, having learned that my mother, a life-long trinitarian Christian for most of her life in her seventies, and who had been for the past year or two inquiring into Orthodoxy, took my daughter to visit a mosque (uncritically) to hear Islamic teaching and she (my mother) has expressed the eclectic idea of looking for truth frm various sources, rather than seeking THE Truth. I’d ask for prayers for her, and for my daughter, who has turned away from faith.

It reveals a gap between me and my mother that I hadn’t known existed, and could be REALLY divisive in the family. My mother has been an anchor for me as a permanent exile from my homeland, as well as just being my mother. I am seriously depressed. No names in public, sorry. Any prayers appreciated.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Am in a mild state of shock, having learned that my mother, a life-long trinitarian Christian for most of her life in her seventies, and who had been for the past year or two inquiring into Orthodoxy, took my daughter to visit a mosque (uncritically) to hear Islamic teaching and she (my mother) has expressed the eclectic idea of looking for truth frm various sources, rather than seeking THE Truth. I’d ask for prayers for her, and for my daughter, who has turned away from faith.

It reveals a gap between me and my mother that I hadn’t known existed, and could be REALLY divisive in the family. My mother has been an anchor for me as a permanent exile from my homeland, as well as just being my mother. I am seriously depressed. No names in public, sorry. Any prayers appreciated.

Lord have mercy!

• Agree
Reactions: DavidFirth
Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Please pray for rain for southern British Columbia. So many fires. Visibility is less than a hundred feet right now where I live from the smoke, my lungs hurt, eyes burn, and there are many many people suffering far worse. Lord have mercy.

holy prophet Elijah pray to God for us!

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Please pray for rain for southern British Columbia. So many fires. Visibility is less than a hundred feet right now where I live from the smoke, my lungs hurt, eyes burn, and there are many many people suffering far worse. Lord have mercy.
Lord have mercy ... prayers for the fires to be dealt with!

• Agree
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

Ah Rus, so sorry to hear of this.

Prayers for all of you.

How soon does your daughter return home?

Upvote 0

rusmeister

A Russified American Orthodox Chestertonian
Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟435,470.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Ah Rus, so sorry to hear of this.

Prayers for all of you.

How soon does your daughter return home?
Thank you!
I drove to Moscow and brought her home yesterday. All is well.

I’ll talk to my mom again when things have cooled down a little more.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Thank you!

I'm so glad you have your daughter back with you. What a shock that must have been! Continued prayers.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Thank you!

indeed, thank God you have your daughter back. may cool heads prevail

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Virgil the Roman

Young Fogey & Monarchist-Distributist . . .
Jan 14, 2006
Kentucky
✟64,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I abjure, retract, recant, and otherwise beg pardon and forgiveness of all whom I've scandalised or given any and all offense unto. I firmly adhere unto the Blessed Trinity, Holy Writ, God-breathed Divine Tradition, and Christ's One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church. God save us!+

Forgive me.+:liturgy:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Today, I've officially been made a catechumen. This is a small stepping stone. Yet, a milestone; it is the furthest I've ever come down the path towards Jesus and His Body, the Holy Orthodox Catholic Church. As always: Please kindly pray for my own poor and unworthy soul. :)
Glory to God!!!

Prayers for you. :)

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Today, I've officially been made a catechumen. This is but a small stepping stone. Yet, a milestone; it is the furthest I've ever come down the path towards Jesus and His One Body, the Holy Orthodox Catholic Church. As always: Please kindly pray for my own poor and unworthy soul. :)

glory to God!

Upvote 0