✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hello all,

I am in serious need of prayers. I haven't been to church in a few months...I started having panic attacks again, depression and I feel like I'm getting stong psychic attacks when I drive to work and drive home. Very bad attacks when I get home and when it gets dark. Im in a bad position because I can't receive communication as I was a catechumin and left the RC church. I am feeling horrible with dread all the time. Please please pray for me.
Lord have mercy - prayers for you!

I know it's a busy time, but have you asked if the priest can visit you?

• Friendly
Reactions: PittBullMom
Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hello all,

I am in serious need of prayers. I haven't been to church in a few months...I started having panic attacks again, depression and I feel like I'm getting stong psychic attacks when I drive to work and drive home. Very bad attacks when I get home and when it gets dark. Im in a bad position because I can't receive communication as I was a catechumin and left the RC church. I am feeling horrible with dread all the time. Please please pray for me.

prayers for you!

• Friendly
Upvote 0

PittBullMom

Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2017
USA
✟86,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Lord have mercy - prayers for you!

I know it's a busy time, but have you asked if the priest can visit you?

The last time I was there the priest had stopped answering my emails, we hadn't set up anymore meetings. He's by himself. No deacons or anything and it was very busy at the time. Had a bishop visit from Kenya, etc. Im going to send him another email, then call. I was being polite, trying not to nag and be patient but someone told me to be more pushy this time

• Winner
Reactions: ArmyMatt
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The last time I was there the priest had stopped answering my emails, we hadn't set up anymore meetings. He's by himself. No deacons or anything and it was very busy at the time. Had a bishop visit from Kenya, etc. Im going to send him another email, then call. I was being polite, trying not to nag and be patient but someone told me to be more pushy this time
I can't know the best way to approach it, but I hope he is able to help you soon. Prayers for you and for him.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I did finally hear back from him. I sent an email, No answer....then text and Finally got an Appt for tomorrow. Thank God. Thanks For All The Prayers.
Glad for this. Continued prayers!

• Friendly
Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
prayers for the repose of the soul of Mitred Archpriest John Nehrebecki. he is one who truly labored for the Church, establishing around 10 parishes, teaching at seminary, serving as dean of his deanery, etc.

memory eternal!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RobNJ

So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish!
Aug 22, 2004
✟166,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Memory Eternal!

I remember my first Pascha, the week after my Chrismation.... Fr. John, in his early 80's, having memorized the 15 or 20 languages the Paschal Greeting listed, in the program... Incense in one hand, triple candle holder,in the other... running up, and down the aisles like a 20 year old. Calling out "Christ is Risen", in ANY one of the language listed. I gave up, and just answered in English.

Upvote 0

AMM

A Beggar
Site Supporter
May 2, 2017
Virginia
✟329,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
My girlfriend (an inquirer, we both know our relationship won't progress until she enters the catechumenate/we are chrismated - God willing!) was recently diagnosed with severe endometriosis, as well as general infertility, the meds they put her on (birth control) weren't helping so they gave her an IUD today, it was kind of sudden and she's been really distraught about it all day. I've also been having a hard time with this. So prayers for peace and guidance would be good.

"O Lord, I am a sinful man, and I do not understand as I should. But give me understanding, O Merciful One, as to how I should proceed!" -Silouan the Athonite

Upvote 0

LizaMarie

Jan 17, 2015
✟142,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Please I ask for urgent prayers for a former Sunday School student of mine, she is in her early 30's now, and a single Mom of 2 boys. The oldest is a special needs child, in a wheelchair with Cerebral palsy and HBE) and needs constant care.(HBE is a brain disorder I may not be spelling it right)
The youngest is a healthy 9 year old until he was diagnosed with lymphoma the Monday after Easter.
He had been ill for a few weeks. Now he is in the hospital undergoing chemo and has contracted an infection. She has a strong faith in God and is trusting in the Lord but I don't know how much more she can take. She has a good family around her. I have been praying I wish there was more I could do.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SaintCody777

The young, curious Berean
Jan 11, 2018
Miami, Florida
✟53,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I got a little bug. Even though I finished my college exams the day before I fell sick, I felt miserable yesterday. I threw up several times and I had chills. I feel a bit better today, but now I got the cough.
Also pray for my mom, she is about to go through colonoscopy on Monday and she is very worried.

• Prayers
Reactions: ~Anastasia~
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
My girlfriend (an inquirer, we both know our relationship won't progress until she enters the catechumenate/we are chrismated - God willing!) was recently diagnosed with severe endometriosis, as well as general infertility, the meds they put her on (birth control) weren't helping so they gave her an IUD today, it was kind of sudden and she's been really distraught about it all day. I've also been having a hard time with this. So prayers for peace and guidance would be good.

"O Lord, I am a sinful man, and I do not understand as I should. But give me understanding, O Merciful One, as to how I should proceed!" -Silouan the Athonite
Prayers- my apologies, had missed this thread for a few days.

Upvote 0