NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
have you an update on Ben and his girlfriend?
Not yet, as they are still in self-isolation and I don't have any contact details for them. Thank you for asking, mp, and thanks to you and mnorian, as well as those whom I've previously mentioned, for praying. I'll let you know when I know. :)

Regarding others for whom I've requested prayer: John who had lymphoma told me that, although he still has the condition, it is under control and he seems able to live normally and Heather, who had cancer, has recovered and just needs to go back for regular checks to make sure there is no reoccurrence. Thank you everyone who prayed :) and praise God! :bow:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
have you an update on Ben and his girlfriend?
I saw Ben the other day, when he was walking his dog, and he said that he was fine. Before I could ask about his girlfriend a very loud canine altercation ensued between his and another dog so it was impossible to talk. :D However I've since heard that she is well too and that they are both back at work.
Many thanks to all who have prayed, and praise God! :clap:

Upvote 0
Dec 8, 2011
✟121,316.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Praising God for answered prayer for Peter and also for Ben and his girl friend. Thankful, too, for prayers for D and me. He stresses easily at the slightest problem and it's difficult to be patient with him at such times. He still won't accept speech therapy and his dependence on me varies from day to day. I find the days go quickly and I don't get as much done as I would like. I do thank God for people who have helped and/or encouraged or prayed for me. I spent some time recently hugging myself as I said their names in my mind as a substitute for sharing a hug with them.

D and I have been having some nice times reading from Daily Light and Praying Through the Psalms. the latter is by Eugene Petersen. Recently we have been listening to Lectio 365, a devotional you listen to daily and that has also been helpful and encouraging to listen to. I would definitely recommend it.

Gillian

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Praising God for answered prayer for Peter and also for Ben and his girl friend. Thankful, too, for prayers for D and me. He stresses easily at the slightest problem and it's difficult to be patient with him at such times. He still won't accept speech therapy and his dependence on me varies from day to day. I find the days go quickly and I don't get as much done as I would like. I do thank God for people who have helped and/or encouraged or prayed for me. I spent some time recently hugging myself as I said their names in my mind as a substitute for sharing a hug with them.

D and I have been having some nice times reading from Daily Light and Praying Through the Psalms. the latter is by Eugene Petersen. Recently we have been listening to Lectio 365, a devotional you listen to daily and that has also been helpful and encouraging to listen to. I would definitely recommend it.

Gillian
I have the book 'Praying through the Psalms' it is so good. I read it mostly when I am on the night watch...in other words when I can't sleep. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced

Gillian
Thank you for letting us know Gillian and continued prayers for D and for you. I hope you don't get too worried about not getting everything done, but am glad that you are receiving some help and support. I continue to pray for you both and hope that D will accept speech therapy and that he won't get so stressed, although I can understand that it must be stressful for him. I'm glad that you are getting some devotional times together and that they are really helpful. Thank you for the recommendation.

Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
I would appreciate prayer my friends. A relatively superficial issue has caused some sadness, but that will be fine before too long. However it has touched some other deeper losses which are really painful to bear. Also I really need to hear from the Lord about whether to move house or not. I think I know the answer but I'd like to be sure that it is what the Lord is saying. Many thanks. :)

A few years ago I heard this song. I thought it was beautiful, but so different to my image of God. If the words of the song are true I would love to know that the Lord cares like that. Please would you pray that I have a right understanding of God. Thank you.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I would appreciate prayer my friends. A relatively superficial issue has caused some sadness, but that will be fine before too long. However it has touched some other deeper losses which are really painful to bear. Also I really need to hear from the Lord about whether to move house or not. I think I know the answer but I'd like to be sure that it is what the Lord is saying. Many thanks. :)

A few years ago I heard this song. I thought it was beautiful, but so different to my image of God. If the words of the song are true I would love to know that the Lord cares like that. Please would you pray that I have a right understanding of God. Thank you.

Such a beautiful song that reveals the heart of our wonderful Lord.
May our God pour out his blessings and give you direction and his peace in Jesus precious name in Jesus precious name.

Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
Such a beautiful song that reveals the heart of our wonderful Lord.
May our God pour out his blessings and give you direction and his peace in Jesus precious name in Jesus precious name.
Thank you very much mp. :) It is a lovely song, from the Gaither Vocal Band's 2009 Reunion: my favourite of all their DVDs.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
I would like to ask for prayer for my son. He is not feeling well. He is exhausted. I feel very concerned. Please lift him to the Father above, in Christ. Thank you.
Sorry it's several days late, but praying for your son Sage50, that the Lord will deal with the underlying condition, whatever it is, and that your son will soon be better if he is still unwell and tired. How is he doing now? Praying for you to have the Lord's peace in the situation.

Thank you for praying for me too Sage50 (post 2088 above). :)

• Winner
Reactions: Sage50
Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
Thank you to all who have prayed for me. I am fairly sure that it is not the Lord's will for me to move house and I'm both relieved and happy about that.

I have a prayer request for a 94-year old lady called Ruth, who has had a stroke. I don't know whether or not she is saved although she has a belief in God. Please would you pray for her to be saved (if not already) and to go to be with the Lord, peacefully and easily, or to be healed according to His will. Many thanks my friends.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
I have a prayer request for a 94-year old lady called Ruth, who has had a stroke. I don't know whether or not she is saved although she has a belief in God. Please would you pray for her to be saved (if not already) and to go to be with the Lord, peacefully and easily, or to be healed according to His will. Many thanks my friends.
I have just heard that Ruth passed away on Friday. Prayers for her family would be welcome. I know one of her grandsons and have prayed with him from time to time, although he is not a Christian (yet). Please would you pray for his salvation too. Many thanks.

Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
Thank you very much, mp, for your prayers for Ruth's family and for her grandson's salvation. :)

Friends please would you pray for my cousin, Ann, who is not saved and in her 80s. We only talk on the phone occasionally and I will be ringing her on Good Friday, so if you see this in time please will you pray for the phone call - that it goes the way the Lord wants it to. She hates all talk of God, so I need the Holy Spirit's guidance to know what to say whether it's everyday chat or more specifically about the Lord. Many thanks.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Thank you very much, mp, for your prayers for Ruth's family and for her grandson's salvation. :)

Friends please would you pray for my cousin, Ann, who is not saved and in her 80s. We only talk on the phone occasionally and I will be ringing her on Good Friday, so if you see this in time please will you pray for the phone call - that it goes the way the Lord wants it to. She hates all talk of God, so I need the Holy Spirit's guidance to know what to say whether it's everyday chat or more specifically about the Lord. Many thanks.
I pray for your phone call today, for the Lord's rich blessing and guidance in your conversations with Ann. She will feel the love and care, God bless. :praying:

• Friendly
Reactions: rebornfree
Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
I pray for your phone call today, for the Lord's rich blessing and guidance in your conversations with Ann. She will feel the love and care, God bless. :praying:
Thank you so much mp. :) The phone call went very well. It was mainly about family things, but I did say that I was doing a Good Friday Service at home. She wants to come up to see me (she lives about 100 miles away) when it's safe Covid-wise to do so, which I'm thrilled about. Maybe then she'll come to appreciate Christianity, although I pray that she will meet Christians local to her, whom she really likes and will see what their faith means to them.

Upvote 0
Dec 8, 2011
✟121,316.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Glad to hear that phone call went well, reborn. I have a prayer request. The charity shop where I was volunteering pre-covid is hoping to reopen and the manageress messaged me to see what I thought about rejoining them, bearing in mind my husband having had a stroke in the meantime. I would love to go back with them as I really enjoyed my one morning a week volunteering there, but my circumstances have changed such a lot. I'd appreciate prayer for clear guidance. The shop supports ministries in Mozambique and reaches out to our town here.

Thanks!

Gillian

Upvote 0