Montreal, Quebec
✟251,191.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
and if NOT, it IS VERY relevant; and since Christ did NOT return then, it obviously did NOT refer to your time period.
Jesus said the events in Matthew 24 would all occur within a generation.

• Agree
Reactions: Mex5150
Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,191.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This seems so inappropriate when we should be discussing and praying for the situation at hand. Just sayin...
I will refrain from posting further if no one tries to turn this into a bash-the-media thread or posts what I think are incorrect theological interpretations of this tragic event.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,390.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
read the addenda I added to my last post.

Do you think the scholars don't know Jesus did not return?

The prevailing view of scholars, I believe is that the material in Matthew 24 was fulfilled in the first century.

Hey dudes take it to another forum.

A. This is the Catholic forum.
B. You're WAY off topic.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,679,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't have an issue with you posting but this is off topic. Another thread might be interesting though.
I will refrain from posting further if no one tries to turn this into a bash-the-media thread or posts what I think are incorrect theological interpretations of this tragic event.

Upvote 0

JesusLovesOurLady

Slave of the Handmaid of the Lord
Feb 15, 2017
Roman Catholic Diocese of Nelson
✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
In the name of the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit
Amen

Petition: Healing for the injured, mercy for the dead

Virgin most holy, accept my praise; give me strength to fight your foes

Apostle's Creed...

Come Holy Spirit...

Let us pray: O God, Who by the light of the Holy Spirit dost instruct the hearts of the faithful, grant us by the same Spirit to relish what is right and ever rejoice in His consolation, through Jesus Christ, our Lord.
Amen

First Crown: The Crown of Excellence

Our Father...

Hail Mary...

Blessed art thou, O Virgin Mary, who didst bear the Lord, the Creator of the world; thou didst give birth to Him Who made thee, and remainest a Virgin forever.

Rejoice, O Virgin Mary; Rejoice a thousand times!

Hail Mary...

O holy and immaculate Virgin, I know not with what praise to extol thee, since thou didst bear in thy womb the very One Whom the Heavens cannot contain.

Hail Mary...

Thou are all fair, O Virgin Mary, and there is no stain in thee.

Hail Mary...

Thy virtues, O Virgin, surpass the stars in number.

Glory Be...

Second Crown: The Crown of Power

Our Father...

Hail Mary...

Glory be to thee O Empress of the world! Bring us with thee to the joys of Heaven.

Hail Mary...

Glory be to thee, O treasure house of the Lord's graces! Grant us a share in thy riches.

Hail Mary...

Glory be to thee, O Mediatrix between God and man! Through thee may the Almighty be favorable to us.

Hail Mary...

Glory be to thee who destroyest heresies and crushest demons! Be thou our loving guide.

Glory be...

Third Crown: The Crown of Goodness

Our Father...

Hail Mary...

Glory be to thee, O refuge of sinners! Intercede for us with God.

Hail Mary...

Glory be to thee, O Mother of orphans! Render the Almighty favorable to us.

Hail Mary...

Glory be to thee, O joy of the just! Lead us with thee to the joys of Heaven.

Hail Mary...

Glory be to thee who are ever ready to assist us in life and death! Lead us with thee to the kingdom of Heaven!

Glory be...

Let us pray.

Hail, Mary, Daughter of God the Father; Hail, Mary, Mother of God the Son; Hail, Mary, Spouse of the Holy Ghost; Hail, Mary, Temple of the most Holy Trinity; Hail, Mary, my Mistress, my treasure, my joy, Queen of my heart; my Mother, my life, my sweetness, my dearest hope - yea, my heart and my soul!

I am all thine and all that I have is Thine, O Virgin blessed above all things! Let thy soul be in me to magnify the Lord; let thy spirit be in me to rejoice in God. Set thyself, O faithful Virgin, as a seal upon my heart, that in thee and through thee I may be found faithful to God. Receive me, O gracious Virgin, among those whom thou lovest and teachest, whom thou leadest, nourishest and protectest as thy children. Grant that for love of thee I may despise all earthly consolations and ever cling to those of Heaven, until through the Holy Spirit - your faithful Spouse - and through you - His faithful spouse - Jesus Christ your Son be formed in me for the glory of the Father. Amen.

We fly to your patronage,
O Holy Mother of God, despise not our petitions in our necessities, but deliver us from all danger, O ever glorious and blessed Virgin. Amen

O Mary conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee

Queen of Heaven and earth, pray for us!
Our Lady of Sorrows, pray for us!
Saint Gertrude, pray for us!
The Guardian Angel of Britain, pray for us!

In the name of the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit
Amen

• Prayers
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Xeena

Site Supporter
May 10, 2017
North America
✟30,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
more...

The explosion also comes on the fourth anniversary of the death of a British Army soldier, Fusilier Lee Rigby, who was publicly executed by Islamic terrorists.

No terror groups, including ISIS, have made a claim of responsibility for the incident. But ISIS supporters have been “celebrating” the incident on social media.

At least 20 dead in Manchester Arena explosions | Daily Mail Online

Posted on twitter hours before the attack :(

40AE6C3200000578-4531940-A_Twitter_account_which_was_unverified_posted_this_hours_before_-m-122_1495508460131.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lben

Dec 27, 2010
Ashtabula, OH
✟21,731.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
When the news downplays it that says to me - moslems on a jihad did it. yet another 'terror' attack... or violent jihadist attack. Keywords to look for... 'not a terrorist attack' and/or 'done by a mentally ill person(s)', that means a violent jihadist attack.
Absolutely. It's what they do. 19 dead, 59 injured, countless others missing. Sick.

Upvote 0

Humble me Lord

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2017
The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
They are reporting that security may have kept the bomber from entering the stadium, I would bet he was too cheap to buy an actual ticket. Like the Trade Center bomber who went to get the security deposit back on the rental truck he blew up.

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
That being said, for the repose of the souls of the deceased ones I pray.
Also I pray for them at home grieving in this very moment, holy Mary comfort and save us!
Amen.

• Agree
Reactions: eastcoast_bsc
Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,298,429.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Statement just now on the BBC update

<<Twenty-two people, including children, are now known to have been killed in a suspected terror attack at Manchester Arena.

Another 59 were injured.

The blast happened around 22:35 BST on Monday at the end of a pop concert by the US singer Ariana Grande.

Greater Manchester Police said the lone male attacker, who died in the blast, was carrying an improvised explosive device which he detonated.

Relatives are using social media to hunt for missing loved ones.>>

Earlier it also said <<
Ian Hopkins, chief constable of Greater Manchester Police, says it is the most horrific incident they have faced in Greater Manchester.

He says more than 400 armed officers were deployed last night to the incident.>>

As we here, would expect - the people of Manchester are offering accommodation and refuge .

Lord have mercy on all those involved in this tragedy - the dead and injured , those who helped in any way , the families of the dead and injured , the families of those who are still unaccounted for and the people of Manchester .

May they all receive comfort and support

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Robert Richborough

May 5, 2017
Manchester
✟47,835.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Statement just now on the BBC update

<<Twenty-two people, including children, are now known to have been killed in a suspected terror attack at Manchester Arena.

Another 59 were injured.

The blast happened around 22:35 BST on Monday at the end of a pop concert by the US singer Ariana Grande.

Greater Manchester Police said the lone male attacker, who died in the blast, was carrying an improvised explosive device which he detonated.

Relatives are using social media to hunt for missing loved ones.>>

Earlier it also said <<
Ian Hopkins, chief constable of Greater Manchester Police, says it is the most horrific incident they have faced in Greater Manchester.

He says more than 400 armed officers were deployed last night to the incident.>>

As we here, would expect - the people of Manchester are offering accommodation and refuge .

Lord have mercy on all those involved in this tragedy - the dead and injured , those who helped in any way , the families of the dead and injured , the families of those who are still unaccounted for and the people of Manchester .

May they all receive comfort and support

I'm really proud of how my hometown are standing together in this dark time, I'm not there currently, but hotels and businesses have been offering shelter for the night, there are still some chaos going on though, suspicious events the news hasn't reported on yet according to my relatives.

• Agree
Reactions: eastcoast_bsc
Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,298,429.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
There's bound to be a lot of stuff going on there that we won't hear about.

It's time's like this , unfortunately , that you realise just how good British folk are at supporting each other in times of need

Upvote 0

Colin

Senior Veteran
Jun 9, 2010
✟122,403.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK - SNP
I am no stranger to Manchester .

I lived there for three years and later studied at a college in Manchester for three years .

Mancunians have lived through some hard times .

Their city was badly blitzed by the Germans in WW2 .

In 1996 an IRA bomb destroyed the city centre when Irish Republican terrorists exploded the biggest bomb in Great Britain since WW2 , 212 people being injured , but miraculously no fatalities .

Now last night's bomb .

Mancunians will not be cowed by this , just as they have not been cowed in the past .

May those who have died find eternal rest .

May those who are injured find healing .

May people of violence find the way to repentance .

God bless Manchester and its citizens .

Upvote 0

Robert Richborough

May 5, 2017
Manchester
✟47,835.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The "Telegraph" is reporting that a 29 year old man has been arrested in connection with the Manvhester tragedy. Sorry I haven't got a link - it just came up on my iPhone.

Yeah, ISIS have already claimed responsibility.
- this was posted on twitter before the attack then deleted apparently.

upload_2017-5-23_12-8-46.png

Upvote 0