Possible Terror at concert in Britain, explosions heard

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
I had nightmares lastnight. Continued prayers for all affected. Something has to be done. This is just becoming more commonplace. :(

I don't tink we understand the mindset of a person planting a bomb packed with nails at a concert that was mostly young teens that tears them into shreds.

The Psychologist that was involved overseeing te enhanced interrogations stated that after spending countless hours interviewing them thattey actually feel they are doing what is right in their eyes.

• Informative
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,669,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I definitely have a hard time wrapping my mind around that sort of thing!
I don't tink we understand the mindset of a person planting a bomb packed with nails at a concert that was mostly young teens that tears them into shreds.

The Psychologist that was involved overseeing te enhanced interrogations stated that after spending countless hours interviewing them thattey actually feel they are doing what is right in their eyes.

Upvote 0

Humble Servant of Christ

Humble Mustanger
Aug 12, 2016
Illinois
✟27,038.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
DAfhQDgXsAAvQCX.jpg
If the MCB was serious, it would have been spending the past several years rooting out its radical imans and turning in british muslims who fought for ISIS abroad. Words are cheap but the lives of the innocents is priceless.

• Agree
Reactions: Mex5150
Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I heard about that...that was so crazy.
I don't like Donald Trump but one good thing he's doing is not letting terrorist in. Europe needs to get it together, its okay to care for refugees but you can't let everyone in. Everyone has to be examined and vetted-- especially due to the rise of terror attacks. Especially in Europe.
Well...yes and no. Remember that in the USA every single day an average of 41 people are shot and killed. The number of mass killings in the USA greatly overshadows events that are normally labelled as a terrorist act.
We are not even halfway through 2017 yet there have been 24060 shooting incidents resulting in 5895 deaths in the USA.

gun violence.png

We deploy tremendous resources into terrorist prevention and response world wide (as we should).... but with the largest threat in the USA being from non-terrorist violence, it could be argued that the same level of preventiveness for that issue doesn't exist (or isnt working).

Upvote 0

Colin

Senior Veteran
Jun 9, 2010
✟122,403.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK - SNP
Well...yes and no. Remember that in the USA every single day an average of 41 people are shot and killed. The number of mass killings in the USA greatly overshadows events that are normally labelled as a terrorist act.
We are not even halfway through 2017 yet there have been 24060 shooting incidents resulting in 5895 deaths in the USA.

View attachment 197458

We deploy tremendous resources into terrorist prevention and response world wide (as we should).... but with the largest threat in the USA being from non-terrorist violence, it could be argued that the same level of preventiveness for that issue doesn't exist (or isnt working).
Thank you for that horrifying information , and some Americans try to lecture us over here on our politics about responding to violence .

Reactions: Anhelyna
Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,297,430.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
With sorrow - I have to ask now :-

would all posters please be aware that this was originally intended as a news article.

Please be aware that there are still young children missing , young people missing , adults missing - and there is no information as yet about them.

There are people who have died and as yet are unidentified.

There are many people in Hospital - some with life threatening injuries and many will also have life changing injuries .

This is NOT the time for people to tell other people how to handle the situation , how to prevent it happening again etc etc . To my knowledge no country has yet solved this problem.

Anhelyna - Senior Ambassador Member

Upvote 0

anjelica

May 14, 2015
✟91,105.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I just saw a heartbreaking post on Facebook. A mum looking for her children. Still not found them. A mobile number was given out on Facebook for anyone who has any infirmation to contact. Heartbreaking. At this moment, let's just pray for all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

section9+1

Mar 12, 2017
US
✟81,403.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There was a time not long ago when England was ruled by men. It had a giant empire and if you messed with England you courted destruction. I know those days are gone, but look at it now. A dinky island that cannot even secure its borders. Bombs are going off in England and the country is unable to prevent it. All you have to do is just look at what has happened. The rest of Europe is the same story. Not saying let's bring back imperialism, but whatever those countries are doing, they are inviting their own suicide. The US isn't that far along, but if we follow their example, I guarantee we are heading for big trouble.

Reactions: megabuff
Upvote 0

section9+1

Mar 12, 2017
US
✟81,403.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The reason this problem has not been solved is because it has not been faced. Say a prayer and it will all go away. I am saddened by what happened, but now is the time to deal with these issues. If we don't, we'd better start finding basements to pray in because it will be too dangerous anywhere else.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
There was a time not long ago when England was ruled by men. It had a giant empire and if you messed with England you courted destruction. I know those days are gone, but look at it now. A dinky island that cannot even secure its borders. Bombs are going off in England and the country is unable to prevent it. All you have to do is just look at what has happened. The rest of Europe is the same story. Not saying let's bring back imperialism, but whatever those countries are doing, they are inviting their own suicide. The US isn't that far along, but if we follow their example, I guarantee we are heading for big trouble.
How did you interpret @Anhelyna 's post?

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,669,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They still have not determined all who was in the concert venue?
I just saw a heartbreaking post on Facebook. A mum looking for her children. Still not found them. A mobile number was given out on Facebook for anyone who has any infirmation to contact. Heartbreaking. At this moment, let's just pray for all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,669,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It was my fault angelica. I was wondering if they have identified all who were injured and killed in the venue. I asked because you said you saw where there are still people missing?
I did it again. I meant MICHIE. Sorry

Upvote 0