US
✟1,101,602.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
President Joseph R. Biden is too old to “effectively serve” another four-year term, according to a new poll.

The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research poll found more than three-quarters of adults surveyed, or 77%, believe Mr. Biden, 80, is too old to run for reelection.

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟909,323.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
President Joseph R. Biden is too old to “effectively serve” another four-year term, according to a new poll.

The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research poll found more than three-quarters of adults surveyed, or 77%, believe Mr. Biden, 80, is too old to run for reelection.

I agree he is too old. Unfortunately it looks like the Republicans will still put Trump forward forcing me to vote for him again.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I think Trump should really go Rouge, and run as an Independent.

I don't know that the Republican Party will get the votes, but if he runs as an Independent, he'll only have to get 1/3 of the votes potentially, which I think he already has regardless, and the Democrat and Republican parties will have to put up their own candidates to run against him, etc, and he could take the whole country down, and that should make him very, very happy, and with almost as much glee as he had on January 6th, and you can't put a price on that, etc.

People have already shown that they are going to vote for him regardless as to who vouches for him, or supports him, or what party he is in, etc, so I think he should do it, as most already worship him as a god and goes by whatever he says as being always 100% true anyway, etc, and with his bullying tactics and abilities, he should be able to crush them both, etc.

It would be an awesome challenge for him, and the danger/risk is the same either way I think, and that's the Democratic party getting most of the votes, etc.

Something to think about anyway.

Can't put a price on the personal satisfaction he would get out of it if he did, and if he won, etc.

And, hey, if he loses he can just claim that there was some kind of crazy conspiracy to steal the election, and take his votes, etc.

God Bless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,101,602.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Unfortunately it looks like the Republicans will still put Trump forward forcing me to vote for him again.

If this is true; and the Democrats can't put forth anyone better than Biden; then I will be forced to hold my nose and vote for Trump.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
"believe Mr. Biden, 80, is too old to run for reelection. More than half, 51%, said former Republican President Donald Trump,"

There is the bias.

The poll also shows a more important finding that the majority of dems and repubs agree that an age limitation for Congress, the Supreme Court and the President. I agree.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I think Trump should really go Rouge, and run as an Independent.

I don't know that the Republican Party will get the votes, but if he runs as an Independent, he'll only have to get 1/3 of the votes potentially, which I think he already has regardless, and the Democrat and Republican parties will have to put up their own candidates to run against him, etc, and he could take the whole country down, and that should make him very, very happy, and with almost as much glee as he had on January 6th, and you can't put a price on that, etc.

People have already shown that they are going to vote for him regardless as to who vouches for him, or supports him, or what party he is in, etc, so I think he should do it, as most already worship him as a god and goes by whatever he says as being always 100% true anyway, etc, and with his bullying tactics and abilities, he should be able to crush them both, etc.

It would be an awesome challenge for him, and the danger/risk is the same either way I think, and that's the Democratic party getting most of the votes, etc.

Something to think about anyway.

Can't put a price on the personal satisfaction he would get out of it if he did, and if he won, etc.

And, hey, if he loses he can just claim that there was some kind of crazy conspiracy to steal the election, and take his votes, etc.

God Bless.
And if Trump can't do this, or isn't up for the challenge, then he'll have to admit that he needs the personal support of a whole heck of a lot of people who really don't like him, and maybe even hate him, or hate his guts, and maybe even secretly want to spit in his face, or spit on him, etc, but that he needs the support and votes of in order to win, which makes him really not any different from any other candidate really, etc, except that a lot of those people publicly showing their eternal loyalty and undying support for him, really, really hate him, and really don't like him, and really hate his guts very much personally as a person, but that will submit if they can get the votes out of him or from him or by him, etc.

God Bless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,589.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What makes this issue tricky is that some people are sharp at 75, and that continues clear into their upper 80's.

Other people start slipping at 75

Others are fine at 75, but then start rapidly slipping over the subsequent 5 years.

Given the stats on the percentage of elderly people it happens to, I think it's time for the country to have a conversation about an upper age limit to compliment the lower age limit we have in place.

Some may view that as "ageist", but for certain key positions, it's pragmatic for elevated age to be a consideration.

When hiring someone for a 4-year position:

If you're 70, you have a 12% chance of dying in the next 5 years.

If you're 80, that jumps to close to a 1/3 chance. By mid-80's, it's a 2/3 chance.

Given the nature and tenure of the position, those odds, combined with the 40% chance of people in their mid-upper 70's developing cognitive decline in the next 5 years, I think makes a pretty strong case for setting an upper limit of 70.

To put that in perspective, such a rule would've only impacted 2 presidents: Donald Trump and Joe Biden. Literally every other president has been under 70 when they took office. (In fact, after Biden's time as president, that'll make only 4 who've even been over 70 when leaving office)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"When asked about the first word that comes to mind when they think of each candidate, 26% of all adults cited Biden’s age and 15% mentioned words associated with being slow and confused, while only 1% and 3% did so for Trump, respectively. For Trump, nearly a quarter mentioned words associated with corruption, crime, lying, or untrustworthiness, while only 8% mentioned those traits for Biden."

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
If this is true; and the Democrats can't put forth anyone better than Biden; then I will be forced to hold my nose and vote for Trump.
I bet 99% of us here would vote our normal party preference no matter what.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟909,323.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I have a hard time imagining you voting for anyone else the Democrats would put forward.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,589.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
"When asked about the first word that comes to mind when they think of each candidate, 26% of all adults cited Biden’s age and 15% mentioned words associated with being slow and confused, while only 1% and 3% did so for Trump, respectively. For Trump, nearly a quarter mentioned words associated with corruption, crime, lying, or untrustworthiness, while only 8% mentioned those traits for Biden."

I wonder how much of that's driven by people not wanting to give an inch to the other side so they answer in a way that "supports the home team"...but without going so far as to answer in a way that cuts against their own side.

All of those seem conspicuously low.

The notion that 74% of people honestly look at Biden and say "yeah, he's as sharp as ever...not a thing wrong with his mental clarity" is a dubious proposition. Likewise for 75% of people claiming they honestly feel there's no corruption/honesty concerns regarding Trump.

But I think neither side wants to risk answering in a way that conceded the fact that the other side has a point in a hyper polarized environment.

Most democrats aren't going to admit that they'd be concerned about Biden forgetting to turn the stove off.
Most republicans aren't going to admit that they wouldn't trust Trump within 10 feet of their daughters.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,101,602.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I bet 99% of us here would vote our normal party preference no matter what.
In a tight race, 1% or less can decide the race. Independents compose more than 1% of voters.

As this Administration is setting us on the fast track for WWIII; I seriously question Biden's continued ability to perform as CiC.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,101,602.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I have a hard time imagining you voting for anyone else the Democrats would put forward.
Then you don't know me very well at all. I've voted for numerous Democrats. Perhaps you're projecting your own partisanship.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟909,323.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Then you don't know me very well at all. I've voted for numerous Democrats. Perhaps you're projecting your own partisanship.
I wouldn't know you from Adam. I just know what I see you post here. Were the Democrats running for federal government or more local? My first time voting I voted for Bush 1. I served under him as well.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I agree he is too old. Unfortunately it looks like the Republicans will still put Trump forward forcing me to vote for him again.
Republican (moderate) here. Trump is too old....among other things...

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Shouldn't people be allowed to enjoy life in retirement once life gets towards the end, regardless if they are still mentally sharp or not? I think this should apply to politicians as well. People in their 80s+ deserve a break. And no, I'm not talking about only Biden here. This applies to both ends.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟909,323.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Republican (moderate) here. Trump is too old....among other things...
He is. I was really hoping for two different candidates. Nikki Haley vs Pete Buttigieg would of been interesting.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,101,602.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I wouldn't know you from Adam. I just know what I see you post here. Were the Democrats running for federal government or more local? My first time voting I voted for Bush 1. I served under him as well.
Both. I voted for Clinton for his first term. Man was I duped!

Upvote 0