Poll results: half of American voters would be embarrassed to have Trump as president

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟557,405.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I stopped reading when I saw you resort to scatological name-calling. This is supposed to be somewhat serious and adult discussion...and that's not. :wave:
There is nothing "serious" or "adult" about a Donald Trump conversation. :wave:

Upvote 0

Black Dog

Sep 20, 2015
✟4,870.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I stopped reading when I saw you resort to scatological name-calling. This is supposed to be somewhat serious and adult discussion...and that's not. :wave:
LOL, I don't blame you for avoiding reality, it doesn't paint a pretty picture as far as Trump is concerned.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Trump it would seem is also playing to people's prejudice and fear going the route many dictators take with the premise of"only I can keep you safe so you better vote for me or the bad men will be able to get you."
Nope. I'm not aware that Trump's ever made the claim that he was the only one.

A large segment of the population has been begging though for Washington to rein in its spending, outrageous adventurism and insane border laxity. Trump simply stepped up to the plate and offered to do so. That's why he has the support he has.

Reactions: Ajax 777
Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
What I don't get is most people agree that lobbyists and special interests control far too much of the political process in America. So here comes a candidate who can't be bought by those special interests with widespread support among moderates and independents (if you believe Trump's support comes from the Tea Party wing, you're wrong; they're in love with Cruz)... which is apparently the cue to attack him.

The American voter says he wants change. But he never fails to vote for candidates guaranteed to never deliver on it. It gets to the point where the only logical conclusion is a loss of all respect for the American voter.

Frankly I'm happy that Trump is doing as well as he is. So far the media and hipster liberals with their vitriolic attacks and cutesy Facebook memes haven't been able to put a dent in his support like they can with every other candidate, which is clearly driving them crazy. I'm enjoying the spectacle, myself.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
That's something that's bugged me also. I'm referring to what you said about the voter saying he wants change but then voting for the same old crowd.

I believe they want change and need change, but when it comes time to vote, it seems as though they always succumb to the lame argument that the most experienced candidate should be voted in...as though that's NOT going to put a person into the White House who's been part of the problem rather than part of the solution! Arrrrgh!

Reactions: NightHawkeye
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟557,405.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
That's something that's bugged me also. I'm referring to what you said about the voter saying he wants change but then voting for the same old crowd.

I believe they want change and need change, but when it comes time to vote, it seems as though they always succumb to the lame argument that the most experienced candidate should be voted in...as though that's NOT going to put a person into the White House who's been part of the problem rather than part of the solution! Arrrrgh!
Agreed.

That's why Bernie has my vote! :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Agreed.

That's why Bernie has my vote! :oldthumbsup:
You think that Bernie, who's been in elective office almost the whole of his life, is not part of the establishment?

Why do you think that he, who is nominally not a Democrat, didn't face the slightest difficulty in running for president as a Democrat?

There's hardly anything about him that's actually atypical of today's Democrat Party, and that's a leading reason why he's doing relatively well in the polls.

Reactions: NightHawkeye
Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Nope. I'm not aware that Trump's ever made the claim that he was the only one.

A large segment of the population has been begging though for Washington to rein in its spending, outrageous adventurism and insane border laxity. Trump simply stepped up to the plate and offered to do so. That's why he has the support he has.

I still think it's preying on people's fears and prejudice that is driving his success. Not just making promises he can't keep. That's more of a run of the mill political strategy that they all use

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟557,405.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You don't think that Bernie, who's been in elective office almost the whole of his life, is not part of the establishment, despite the mileage he gets out of making people think he's some sort of outsider?
No. He is not part of the establishment, he clearly speaks out against the establishment and if the alternative is Trump, I choose just about anybody. He's not just resorting to one liners and catch phrases and scare tactics either. Bernie has actual plans and proposals for the problems we face. He has been pointing out these problems in our country for quite some time now but nobody ever listened. Well now, people are starting to listen and they can see he is certainly a man of integrity and honesty who is truly passionate about what he says. Unlike Hillary who changes her politics to match the country (and her rivals), Bernie has had the same ideas since he started his political career. He has the beat on this country's political future. He is immensely popular with millenials like myself all across the country which is a huge voting block on the national stage.

Why do you think that he, who is nominally not a Democrat, didn't face the slightest difficulty in running for president as a Democrat?
Because he represents the ideas the many Democrats have already stood for before he came along. He truly is a liberal compared to both Hillary and especially Obama. He clearly has integrity whereas Hillary does not. There are so many reasons why he would be popular with Democrats. Really, the only knock against him is probably his age.

There's hardly anything about him that's actually atypical of today's Democrat Party, and that's a leading reason why he's doing relatively well in the polls.
That still doesn't make him an "establishment" candidate. The establishment, as I understand it, isn't our government itself but the corporate interests that control it. Bernie Sanders is a direct threat to that establishment and they have clearly and blatantly tried to silence his message by limiting airtime on networks and scheduling debates to odd times to reduce viewership.

Hillary is only going to continue the path we've been down even before Obama.

Reactions: RedPonyDriver
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I still think it's preying on people's fears and prejudice that is driving his success. Not just making promises he can't keep. That's more of a run of the mill political strategy that they all use
What's called "preying on fear" is what you (or anyone) says when he wants to paint it as insincere. You'll notice that it's not said that Obama preys on the people's fears when he talks as though the world is going to be incinerated by exhaust gasses by mid-century? Oh, no. That's not "preying on fear," even though it's a manufactured fear rather than a genuine threat to the country.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
What's called "preying on fear" is what you (or anyone) says when he wants to paint it as insincere. You'll notice that it's not said that Obama preys on the people's fears when he talks as though the world is going to be incinerated by exhaust gasses by mid-century? Oh, no. That's not "preying on fear," even though it's a manufactured fear rather than a genuine threat to the country.

When did President Obama say "the world is going to be incinerated by exhaust gasses by mid-century?" I think that's either an exaggeration or a mistake. He HAS laid out legitimate concerns about the welfare of our planet due to the way we treat it. For some reason right wing politics seem to want to ignore the facts about global climate change. Why I don't know other than regulating CO2 emissions forces people to change their lifestyle and moving away from oil and coal will cost those industries money

Upvote 0

BrriKerr

Dec 15, 2015
UK
✟603.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I don't understand how he has managed to stay up in the polls all this time. I makes me worry about the American voter and the future of the country.
Only now you're thinking about that??? what about when Palin was in line to be the VP? and all of the nut cases who get elected into office from the nut case states? people who were unable to separate fact from fiction.

America is the same to the rest of the world as the Pole's are in American jokes, if they want to show crazy, overboard or just plain stupid they point at the US.

Upvote 0

BrriKerr

Dec 15, 2015
UK
✟603.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
And half of Americans are embarrassed of the current President.
Yes the ignorant half who know no better, the losers, also known as the republicans, the crazy people who with a democratic president in power would like nothing better than to see America fail at everything it does and would work towards making that happen, the crazies who are dragging the US down.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RedPonyDriver

Professional Pot Stirrer
Oct 18, 2014
USA
✟76,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Democrat
I have many friends and family that live overseas. They truly think that Trump is insane and the rest of the GOP field isn't much better. The US is looked upon as a disaster. If a GOP candidate is elected POTUS next year, I will be leaving the country. Fortunately I have enough family overseas to be sponsored for a visa.

Upvote 0

BrriKerr

Dec 15, 2015
UK
✟603.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I have many friends and family that live overseas. They truly think that Trump is insane and the rest of the GOP field isn't much better. The US is looked upon as a disaster. If a GOP candidate is elected POTUS next year, I will be leaving the country. Fortunately I have enough family overseas to be sponsored for a visa.
Wise move, for the first time in your life you will know what real freedom is all about.

Reactions: RedPonyDriver
Upvote 0

nightflight

Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Your dreams.
✟30,570.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes the ignorant half who know no better, the losers, also known as the republicans, the crazy people who with a democratic president in power would like nothing better than to see America fail at everything it does and would work towards making that happen, the crazies who are dragging the US down.

Would you like us to go away?

Upvote 0