MuidSaoirse

Sep 11, 2008
Australia
✟15,195.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No because the whole constructs of Western societies have been built on the belief of race (a myth - there are only diverse cultures) and ensuring cultural imperialism reigns supreme.
Tokenism abounds but underneath all the babble of liberty, equity and equality flows the river of pus aka white supremacy. It amuses me in a wry way when people go o look at this... I mean a quite look at the jail stats, the disadvantaged stats will tell you what is going on.... There remains a pecking order of humanity and it be that is the most toxic poison underpinning all injustices

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RealDealNeverstop

Is Prayer Your First or Last Action?
Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I've been saying I think obama will win because the McCain ticket is a repeat of the bush admin neocon/CR liberalism/authoritarianism but in looking closer it is possible racism will win. What got me thinking about it was Mel King's 1983 Mayoral race for Boston. The polls showed he would win or at least come very close but after he lost many Voters admitted once they got to the ballot box they voted for the white guy because they didn't think enough fellow voters were going to actually vote for King. Ironic eh?

King is the real founder of the Rainbow Coalition but don't look for any credit given to him on Jesse Jacksons RC website. That freaking sell out is a ghost that walked with Dr. King and an embarrassment to Civil Rights. My point is even a supposed african american civil rights' leader doesn't give credit where it is due to another civil rights activist.

Upvote 0

ArnautDaniel

Veteran
Aug 28, 2006
The Village
✟22,153.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The polls showed he would win or at least come very close but after he lost many Voters admitted once they got to the ballot box they voted for the white guy because they didn't think enough fellow voters were going to actually vote for King. Ironic eh?

It is an interesting piece of human psychology that people so want to be part of the winning side that they will vote for the person they think is going to win rather than the person they agree with.

This of course relates to our elections in other ways with respect to time zones, where Western voters start voting for the person that appears to be winning simply because they appear to be winning.

Upvote 0

RacismIsBad

Mar 17, 2007
✟3,260.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am not surprised, race is not a matter of left-right, Democrat-Republican, it is a matter of country and the fact that racism still exists in this country. I have seen some of the most liberal people espouse rather racist inclinations and conservatives that truly accept everyone and vice-versa. But racism and how it is expressed is definitely regional. I see more overt racism in the south, while places like the northeast show it in a different way. Talking to friends from the midwest it is expressed in a different way there also.

Upvote 0

RealDealNeverstop

Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I am not surprised, race is not a matter of left-right, Democrat-Republican, it is a matter of country and the fact that racism still exists in this country. I have seen some of the most liberal people espouse rather racist inclinations and conservatives that truly accept everyone and vice-versa. But racism and how it is expressed is definitely regional. I see more overt racism in the south, while places like the northeast show it in a different way. Talking to friends from the midwest it is expressed in a different way there also.

That is true but one unspoken point about the OP is the Dem party panders to minorities specifically due to race. Things like housing projects were created to engender and perpetuate government dependence. Trading tax dollars for votes always rocks the boat.

Reactions: DieHappy
Upvote 0

TheNewWorldMan

phased plasma rifle in 40-watt range
Jan 2, 2007
✟28,775.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
No because the whole constructs of Western societies have been built on the belief of race (a myth - there are only diverse cultures) and ensuring cultural imperialism reigns supreme.
Tokenism abounds but underneath all the babble of liberty, equity and equality flows the river of pus aka white supremacy. It amuses me in a wry way when people go o look at this... I mean a quite look at the jail stats, the disadvantaged stats will tell you what is going on.... There remains a pecking order of humanity and it be that is the most toxic poison underpinning all injustices

Racism is pretty much the original bug in the American political program. It began with the "3/5ths of a person" abomination and spread virally from there.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Racism is pretty much the original bug in the American political program. It began with the "3/5ths of a person" abomination and spread virally from there.
The 3/5 compromise was for the benefit of the slaves so you should find a starting point somewhere else

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TheNewWorldMan

phased plasma rifle in 40-watt range
Jan 2, 2007
✟28,775.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
The 3/5 compromise was for the benefit of the slaves so you should find a starting point somewhere else

Oh...so being considered 3/5ths of a human being based on skin color is acceptable to you?

How about we consider incorrigible Republican partisans to only be 3/5ths of a human being? Would you be down for it...no, since it would be YOUR ox getting gored.

Upvote 0

RealDealNeverstop

Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Guess the point about Mel King was overlooked or something. Plus, is it possible they said they were going to vote for obama so they wouldn't look like complete racists? (I don't believe that percentage will come to fruition)

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have tenants of black (American and African), latino (Mexico), asian (Thailand, China, Taiwan, Hmong), middle eastern (Palestine, Turkey) heritage. We like each other and get along well, but at the end of the day I prefer the company of white folks like myself. So call me racist.

owg

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh...so being considered 3/5ths of a human being based on skin color is acceptable to you?

How about we consider incorrigible Republican partisans to only be 3/5ths of a human being? Would you be down for it...no, since it would be YOUR ox getting gored.
Well let's look at the whole picture. The number of Representatives a State sends to the House is based on population. If the slave states counted their slaves as whole persons, would they send fewer or more Representatives to Congress? Those who said more, please move to the front of the class. Unfortunately, whether they were counted as whole or 3/5 persons, slaves could not vote so counting them as whole persons would have put more power in the hands of slave states and thus slave owners. Frankly, slaves would have been better off to have been counted as nonpersons at that time

Upvote 0

JoyJuice

Senior Veteran
Aug 8, 2006
✟20,965.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Others
Well let's look at the whole picture. The number of Representatives a State sends to the House is based on population. If the slave states counted their slaves as whole persons, would they send fewer or more Representatives to Congress? Those who said more, please move to the front of the class. Unfortunately, whether they were counted as whole or 3/5 persons, slaves could not vote so counting them as whole persons would have put more power in the hands of slave states and thus slave owners. Frankly, slaves would have been better off to have been counted as nonpersons at that time
Sound off the National Alert System...Mach is actually correct. :o :)

The new found power of one to one persons would have retarded free and equal rights.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The race issue may well be a factor is some states. Obama could easily lose the nationwide popular vote, but he's still gonna win California, New York, Mass, Illinois and several other traditionally blue states. That's at least 150 or so solid electoral votes. Is McCain even campaigning in these states? But the swing states that Hillary won are the real battleground. I've said it all along...six states are the key: Ohio, Michigan, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Virgina, and Wisconsin. Whoever can win 4 of these states will be elected.

Upvote 0

RealDealNeverstop

Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I have tenants of black (American and African), latino (Mexico), asian (Thailand, China, Taiwan, Hmong), middle eastern (Palestine, Turkey) heritage. We like each other and get along well, but at the end of the day I prefer the company of white folks like myself. So call me racist.

owg

How does this relate to the op?

Upvote 0

RealDealNeverstop

Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The race issue may well be a factor is some states. Obama could easily lose the nationwide popular vote, but he's still gonna win California, New York, Mass, Illinois and several other traditionally blue states. That's at least 150 or so solid electoral votes. Is McCain even campaigning in these states? But the swing states that Hillary won are the real battleground. I've said it all along...six states are the key: Ohio, Michigan, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Virgina, and Wisconsin. Whoever can win 4 of these states will be elected.

Why so sure he will win those states?

Upvote 0

Panzerkamfwagen

Es braust unser Panzer im Sturmwind dahin.
May 19, 2015
✟19,002.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

Washington and New Jersey are in play.

Upvote 0