Minnesota
✟215,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer made some startling admissions last week about his immigration views: “We have a population that is not reproducing on its own with the same level that it used to. The only way we’re going to have a great future in America is if we welcome and embrace immigrants, the Dreamers and all of them, because our ultimate goal is to help the Dreamers but to get a path to citizenship for all 11 million or however many undocumented there are here.”

The honesty was breathtaking. For so long, Schumer (D-NY) and his party have danced around the truth: They want to legalize anyone coming over our border for any reason.
Nancy says are nation needs them to pick the crops. Jill Biden compares Hispanics to San Antonio tacos. So this admissions should not come as a surprise, I think even a lot of Democrats realized that the Biden administration was lying when they said the border was safe and secure. But what of the cost of the Democrat policy? The deaths, the rapes of women and children, the fentanyl, and the damage to our national security?

• Informative
Reactions: HARK!

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,012.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer made some startling admissions last week about his immigration views: “We have a population that is not reproducing on its own with the same level that it used to. The only way we’re going to have a great future in America is if we welcome and embrace immigrants, the Dreamers and all of them, because our ultimate goal is to help the Dreamers but to get a path to citizenship for all 11 million or however many undocumented there are here.”

The honesty was breathtaking. For so long, Schumer (D-NY) and his party have danced around the truth: They want to legalize anyone coming over our border for any reason.
Nancy says are nation needs them to pick the crops. Jill Biden compares Hispanics to San Antonio tacos. So this admissions should not come as a surprise, I think even a lot of Democrats realized that the Biden administration was lying when they said the border was safe and secure. But what of the cost of the Democrat policy? The deaths, the rapes of women and children, the fentanyl, and the damage to our national security?

What's a "real immigration law"?

It certainly sounds like Schumer is willing to go forward with a Dreamers/DACA bill while the Dems still control the House.

Is it unreal because it is not comprehensive? (It would be a real law, and it won't be comprehensive in the current term.)

Is it unreal because it doesn't do what you want it to do? (If not, what should a comprehensive immigration law do?)

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,281.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Bit what about the rapes of women and children, the fentanyl, and the damage to our national security?
Simple. You stated that Schumer's honesty was breathtaking. That's why he couldn't talk about the rapes of women and children the fentanyl and the damage to our national security, because those things aren't true. They are dog whistles invented to frighten voters into voting for conservative extremists.

For the most part Norwegians and Danes will never have any interest in coming to the United States to live. Sure they have high taxes where they live, but they have no medical expenses. Their children can go to college without phone crushing expenses and never ending student loans. There aren't any guns. It must be like heaven. You do realize there won't be any guns in heaven.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,677.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I love all the sensationalist click-bait words and phrases: "finally admits", "startling admissions", "breathtaking". Missing are: "stunning", "humiliates", "amazing", "unhinged" and an oldie, "epic failure"

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,126.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
  • Haha
Reactions: Fantine
Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
They want to legalize anyone coming over our border for any reason.
That’s not what he said, though. Isn’t bearing false witness a thing for Christians?

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
More new people equals more new votes. That's why they're given the red carpet treatment.
I dunno, man. If the conservative policies are inclusive and citizen-centric that improve’s everyone’s quality of life, why would legal immigrants not vote GOP?

You seem to be jumping to the conclusion that legal immigrants would automatically not against the GOP.

Which is confusing because I’ve been told on many occasions that conservative policies are in fact better for American citizens.

Reactions: comana
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I dunno, man. If the conservative policies are inclusive and citizen-centric that improve’s everyone’s quality of life, why would legal immigrants not vote GOP?

You seem to be jumping to the conclusion that legal immigrants would automatically not against the GOP.

Which is confusing because I’ve been told on many occasions that conservative policies are in fact better for American citizens.
The promise of relaxed to no immigration laws and lots of freebies to reside in the US.

Reactions: stevil
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Most Americans support:
- Legal immigration
- Granting Dreams legal status
- Creating a path for citizenship for the 11 Million+ people living in this country without status
- Border security
All of that would have been possible in 2013 were it not for Republicans refusal to pass the 2013 Comprehensive Immigration Bill.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I love all the sensationalist click-bait words and phrases: "finally admits", "startling admissions", "breathtaking". Missing are: "stunning", "humiliates", "amazing", "unhinged" and an oldie, "epic failure"

It's amazing how many people fall for it....

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
The promise of relaxed to no immigration laws and lots of freebies to reside in the US.
So the conservative position is exclusionary and punitive? Crikey. No wonder the GOP did so badly this midterm; even inspite of sleepy ‘neurodegeneracy’ Biden at the helm.

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So the conservative position is exclusionary and punitive? Crikey. No wonder the GOP did so badly this midterm; even inspite of sleepy ‘neurodegeneracy’ Biden
Yep people have let themselves become "woke" enough to believe border control and national security is a bad thing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I define it on a case by case basis.
That’s not how definitions work. I don’t think that what you think of as woke makes sense because your definition of woke changes based on how you feel at any given time.

I could be wrong however.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That’s not how definitions work. I don’t think that what you think of as woke makes sense because your definition of woke changes based on how you feel at any given time.

I could be wrong however.
Stick to the topic please.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,281.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Friendly reminder that wanting a less exclusionary, draconian immigration law does not mean that Schumer or the Democrats do not want an immigration law. They just want an immigration law that no Republican would ever sign on to. If there were no filibuster they could sign one tomorrow.

• Optimistic
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0