Minnesota
✟215,291.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
That’s not what he said, though. Isn’t bearing false witness a thing for Christians?
It is not my place to judge him. When dealing with politicians, watch what they do, not what they say.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
It is not my place to judge him. When dealing with politicians, watch what they do, not what they say.
Then maybe you should wait until Schumer at least submits an 'open borders' immigration law for consideration before making a thread that misrepresents his position.

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Yep people have let themselves become "woke" enough to believe border control and national security is a bad thing.
Well, no. Most people are fully in support of the DOJ and now special council investigation to why citizen D Trump was hiding and storing stolen government documents including classified documents in his resort. Why, when subpoenaed for them, he continued to refuse to return them, and why his lawyer lied when signing a letter to say that there were no government documents on the property.

National security breaches like this is very much top of mind.

Both parties, both Democratic Party and Republican party support border control.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Both parties, both Democratic Party and Republican party support border control.
I see democrats condemning it far more than supporting it. They use words like fascist, nationalist and xenophobic regarding its existence.

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I see democrats condemning it far more than supporting it. They use words like fascist, nationalist and xenophobic regarding its existence.
Sounds like a mischaracterisation of the Democrats position to me. Do have have specific references to a Democrat suggesting removing of border control? Or just them against specific things, like seperating parents from kids and shipping those kids across the US so that noone can find them - not even their parents.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

"When I took office, I committed to fixing this broken immigration system. And I began by doing what I could to secure our borders. Today, we have more agents and technology deployed to secure our southern border than at any time in our history. And over the past six years, illegal border crossings have been cut by more than half."

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,299.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
"When I took office, I committed to fixing this broken immigration system. And I began by doing what I could to secure our borders. Today, we have more agents and technology deployed to secure our southern border than at any time in our history. And over the past six years, illegal border crossings have been cut by more than half."
I'll bet that if you asked some people in this thread if they thought that comment showed a worthy commitment to border and imigration control they'd need to click the link to see who said it before they'd answer.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sounds like a mischaracterisation of the Democrats position to me. Do have have specific references to a Democrat suggesting removing of border control?
It's more like replacing current border control with something more like a welcome committee offering incentives.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
It's more like replacing current border control with something more like a welcome committee offering incentives.
Do you have specific references to a Democrat suggesting this?

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,674.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Democrat has no more interest fixing the immigration issue then Republican. Republican use immigration and border security as a tool to energize their base, Democrat dangle “comprehensive immigration” to Hispanic voter year after year without any real effort. In 2009 Democrats had 60 votes in Senate but they did absolutely nothing.
This article gives a history of immigration reform.

The biggest "amnesty occurred under Reagan" in 1986 in a bill that traded amnesty for stronger enforcement. The immigrants I know who were admitted under this program now have adult children who are almost all responsible members of society, the people you would like to have as your neighbors and friends.

Other attempts have failed because people who wanted stronger enforcement never felt that the Reagan law kept its promise on enforcement, and they don't believe prospective laws promising enforcement unless they are enforcement only bills.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
No. There’s a crisis! Really this time! Caravans and everything! Fentanyl mules galore, look, look, see, see!

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Considering the Republicans are calling the Democrats lackadaisical, and the Democrats are calling the Republicans draconian, it's pretty obvious who's soft and who's firm on border control.
Maybe we should go with the real actual numbers of encounters with undocumented immigrants, rather than making hasty generalizations about who uses the cooler rhetoric?

Reactions: Fantine
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I'll bet that if you asked some people in this thread if they thought that comment showed a worthy commitment to border and imigration control they'd need to click the link to see who said it before they'd answer.
Pretty sure the fact it is a grammatically correct paragraph would answer the question without needing to source it.

Reactions: Bradskii
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Considering the Republicans are calling the Democrats lackadaisical, and the Democrats are calling the Republicans draconian, it's pretty obvious who's soft and who's firm on border control.
Why would one base their views of reality on the assertions of people trying to score cheap political points?
Seems like a better way would be to look at the details of the various proposals in question ... something which has been notably absent from this thread, perhaps because it would lead to uncomfortable conclusions?

• Optimistic
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0