Desperate Democrats put Meghan Markle as top choice for 2024 White House run against Trump

atpollard

Jun 18, 2017
Florida
✟116,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I didn't know Megan was interested in holding office....didn't the couple give up the royal life to lead more normal lives?
I thought the Queen was mean. ;)
(or was it Charles? ... who can keep track of the ROYAL DRAMA?)

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟319,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I didn't know Megan was interested in holding office....didn't the couple give up the royal life to lead more normal lives?
I don't think she is. Per someone from the "think tank" that conducted the poll, she's "...argu[ably] test[ing] the waters in various ways and in various senses." Which is politico-speak for "I'm just spitballing here, bro."

The supporting bits are just speculation from biographers and Biden's sister saying that she would "make a good President." She has weighed in on a few political issues in the past couple years, but I agree that it's more than a little bit of a stretch to say that she's angling for a run at the presidency - especially in 2024 - based on that fact alone.

• Informative
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think Markle was put in there to have someone as a none of the above option. Could have been any number of people. I would prefer to have a none of the above option available. I think it would have gotten more votes than Markle.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
  • Haha
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,077.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Today, we can see it looks like something between 55 and 60 percent of the electorate would never vote for trump from here on.
Even if he was able to win a nomination, it's looks like he'd get less than 45% of the total vote in the general.

As being written many places no doubt, Trump is now merely a disadvantage for Republicans.

E.g.: at Fox, Trump can't win anymore, and should move out of the way, etc: Ron DeSantis is the new Republican Party leader

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
How many chicken eggs do you have? You shouldn't count them till they hatch. We ain't even done with this election yet. Not to mention the sad sack o Trump hasn't even announced a run yet either.

With that being said, I'll predict Newsome vs. Desantis for president in 2024 match-up.
Newsome wins easily.

Why would Newsome win easily? What's he running on?

California has enacted a highly divisive curriculum that's caused school boards to be reelected in even San Francisco. They've had multiple lawsuits regarding things like racial discrimination. They've actually defunded police in some areas and crime reforms have caused rampant theft and a lack of police to respond. They've been trying to recall DAs. Homelessness and drug use have always been problems but they're far worse than ever with no relief in sight...and the free benefits extended to illegals are starting to make the average Californian resentful.

Couple that with the fact that the wealthy have been continually fleeing the state, draining the tax base, and I have to wonder why you think he would be competitive let alone do well?

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟212,504.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Today, we can see it looks like something between 55 and 60 percent of the electorate would never vote for trump from here on.
Even if he was able to win a nomination, it's looks like he'd get less than 45% of the total vote in the general.

As being written many places no doubt, Trump is now merely a disadvantage for Republicans.

E.g.: at Fox, Trump can't win anymore, and should move out of the way, etc: Ron DeSantis is the new Republican Party leader
Of the candidates Trump endorsed, 219 just won and 16 lost.

Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why would Newsome win easily? What's he running on?

California has enacted a highly divisive curriculum that's caused school boards to be reelected in even San Francisco. They've had multiple lawsuits regarding things like racial discrimination. They've actually defunded police in some areas and crime reforms have caused rampant theft and a lack of police to respond. They've been trying to recall DAs. Homelessness and drug use have always been problems but they're far worse than ever with no relief in sight...and the free benefits extended to illegals are starting to make the average Californian resentful.

Couple that with the fact that the wealthy have been continually fleeing the state, draining the tax base, and I have to wonder why you think he would be competitive let alone do well?
It's simply a prediction for the future. It is my opinion. Desantis is not well liked outside Florida. And Trump is....well..done.

Newsome seems like a slickster. But I believe he's had his eye on a white house run and has been building a digital campaign to prepare. I just think America would choose him over desanctimonious or whatever haha.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It's simply a prediction for the future. It is my opinion.

These are two things you didn't have to explain....I already knew it was your opinion and a prediction.

Desantis is not well liked outside Florida.

No?

And Trump is....well..done.

This has been said a lot....not sure if true.

Newsome seems like a slickster.

I think huckster is more appropriate.

But I believe he's had his eye on a white house run and has been building a digital campaign to prepare.

It would explain his lack of governance.

I just think America would choose him over desanctimonious or whatever haha.

Yeah....but why? You're say DeSantis isn't well liked outside of Florida, and that may be true, but Newsome doesn't seem very well liked in California.

A run at the big chair going to involve his record....and it's abysmal. I would question if anyone voting for him genuinely wanted things to get better in the US.

Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
These are two things you didn't have to explain....I already knew it was your opinion and a prediction.

No?

This has been said a lot....not sure if true.

I think huckster is more appropriate.

It would explain his lack of governance.

Yeah....but why? You're say DeSantis isn't well liked outside of Florida, and that may be true, but Newsome doesn't seem very well liked in California.

A run at the big chair going to involve his record....and it's abysmal. I would question if anyone voting for him genuinely wanted things to get better in the US.
It's been proven by Trump that the image projected is all that matters now. Newsome seems cool. Desantis has shown us his political gamesmanship with the immigrant debacle and we aren't impressed. We have a couple years left to ponder these topics. It may come down to other nominees altogether. It should be interesting.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,153.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From what I have seen of her, Elizibeth Warren comes across as unpleasant , unlikeable and phony. So I am not surprised she polled poorly. Other than that, I would totally agree with what you have posted.
No, Elizabeth Warren was well respected by both sides of the aisle...until she came out as a consumer advocate. Then stupid stories arose to slime her.

• Agree
Reactions: RocksInMyHead
Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟319,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
From what I have seen of her, Elizibeth Warren comes across as unpleasant , unlikeable and phony. So I am not surprised she polled poorly. Other than that, I would totally agree with what you have posted.
The "unpleasant, unlikable" part seems to mainly stem from her audacity in being both forceful and female. Those are tags often applied to women in positions of power, especially in the US. As for being phony, the only story that seemingly backs that up is the "Cherokee heritage" thing, which was blown way out of proportion, IMO.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It's been proven by Trump that the image projected is all that matters now. Newsome seems cool.

I'll be honest, I don't know what seems cool about him. I only know his record as governor.

Desantis has shown us his political gamesmanship with the immigrant debacle and we aren't impressed.

What debacle? Those illegals volunteered. DeSantis had the receipts. If the illegals want a trip to Martha's Vineyard who am I to judge?

We have a couple years left to ponder these topics. It may come down to other nominees altogether. It should be interesting.

True....it's just....what's the upside to Newsome? DeSantis has succeeded by looking at what California is doing....and then doing the opposite.

Image may be important, but it can't be entirely divorced from reality.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Image may be important, but it can't be entirely divorced from reality.

Believe me I understand the feeling. Especially when Trump actually ran for president that second time and managed to get some votes lol.

• Winner
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Believe me I understand the feeling. Especially when Trump actually ran for president that second time and managed to get some votes lol.

Some?

Biden broke the record for most votes for a single candidate in any election...previously held by Obama when he beat McCain.

You know who else got more votes than Obama?

Trump.

Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You know who else got more votes than Obama?

Trump.

Yessir. And the price of a Big Mac is also more today than it was then. Your point is elusive. Trump and Obama did inspire large turnouts at the polls.

Upvote 0

JSRG

Apr 14, 2019
Midwest
✟160,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Of the candidates Trump endorsed, 219 just won and 16 lost.
An irrelevant statistic. I could "endorse" hundreds of candidates on a blog and be sure to win every single one--just by picking a bunch of people who are in districts they're guaranteed to win.

The races that matter in regards to whether Trump cost Republicans winnable races with his primary endorsements are the ones where he gave a primary endorsement to someone who wasn't necessarily going to win the primary without him and the general election was competitive (or the general election wasn't seen as competitive due to the election area normally strongly favoring Republicans or Democrats, but it ended up coming out the other way).

As far as I can tell, when we examine those cases, things don't look particularly good for Trump. Now, I'm willing to admit maybe I was wrong on that, though--there were some cases where it worked out (J.D. Vance got elected, though it was believed that he had a tougher time of it than another Republican might have), but it seems by and large he went for candidates that lost competitive races. Has anyone done a "compilation" of the results of all of the competitive races where Trump endorsed a candidate and said candidate won the primary as a result?

Upvote 0