Desperate Democrats put Meghan Markle as top choice for 2024 White House run against Trump

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, Elizabeth Warren was well respected by both sides of the aisle...until she came out as a consumer advocate. Then stupid stories arose to slime her.

What stupid stories are you referring to? I was speaking only of her public persona and the ridiculous things I have heard coming out of her own mouth.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The "unpleasant, unlikable" part seems to mainly stem from her audacity in being both forceful and female. Those are tags often applied to women in positions of power, especially in the US. As for being phony, the only story that seemingly backs that up is the "Cherokee heritage" thing, which was blown way out of proportion, IMO.

I think I am probably a bit better at judging why I might find someone unpleasant and unlikeable than you are. I certainly would not be arrogant enough to claim I could tell you why you think what you think about another person. Actually, I don't find Warren to be forceful or particularly feminine. More like a whiny girl child than a mature forceful woman. Having known my share of forceful females I would consider it offensive to them to ever consider placing Warren among their ranks. Unlike Warren their life is not centered around constantly pointing fingers at others and blaming them for all the ills of society or whining about how unfair everything is.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Fauxahontas stories.

I only know one such story not several. That she falsely claimed to be Native American and as a result was celebrated as being the first Native American to achieve some position. A politician lying is hardly unique and not the reason I believe she comes off as phony. She seems to simply have certain talking points that she does not stray from no matter what the subject or what question she might be asked. I never get the impression she actually thinks about the things she is a saying but just repeats her spiel robotically.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I only know one such story not several.
Repeated ad nauseam, over the years.

That she falsely claimed to be Native American and as a result was celebrated as being the first Native American to achieve some position. A politician lying is hardly unique and not the reason I believe she comes off as phony. She seems to simply have certain talking points that she does not stray from no matter what the subject or what question she might be asked. I never get the impression she actually thinks about the things she is a saying but just repeats her spiel robotically.
Except that she wasn't lying or celebrated as the first. She was mistaken because she believed the family lore. She didn't use it for personal gain or recognition and rescinded it when she became aware that the family story was bunk. She is used to being a university lecturer which you might find off-putting, but I like her clarity.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Repeated ad nauseam, over the years.

Except that she wasn't lying or celebrated as the first. She was mistaken because she believed the family lore. She didn't use it for personal gain or recognition and rescinded it when she became aware that the family story was bunk. She is used to being a university lecturer which you might find off-putting, but I like her clarity.

Speaking of repeating things ad nauseum, Warren repeating her favorite talking points ad nauseum does not equal clarity. It signals a lack of depth of thought.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Speaking of repeating things ad nauseum, Warren repeating her favorite talking points ad nauseum does not equal clarity. It signals a lack of depth of thought.
Sure repetition doesn’t equal clarity but neither does it diminish it. I am not sure why you think her shallow, but she does know her stuff.

Upvote 0

Juan777

Jun 20, 2022
Toronto
✟20,153.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Meghan Markle is the top choice among Democrats for a 2024 White House run, new polling shows. Exclusive polling for Express.co.uk by the Washington-based Democracy Institute of likely Democratic voters found 64 percent say the party should opt for a female candidate at the next presidential election in two years.
Desperate Democrats put Meghan as top choice for 2024 White House run

That makes sense. If she cant be Queen consort in her lifetime, she can be President instead. She would sure show the Royals and they will have to reinstate her royal duties then as she earns their respect as President ofnUSA.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That she falsely claimed to be Native American and as a result was celebrated as being the first Native American to achieve some position.
Who celebrated that? It's nonsense.

Ben Nighthorse Campbell.
Campbell began his political career in 1982 becoming a state legislator in the state of Colorado. In 1987 he moved to the U.S. House of Representatives and then in 1992 became a senator from Colorado. He was reelected in 1998.
Notable Native Americans: Ben Nighthorse Campbell - American Indian Education Foundation

And he's not the only one long before Warren.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As far as Merkle being the Dem. candidate, I'm thinking that it's Reps. that like to put up Hollywood people as candidates?
The Democrats didn't put Markle up for candidate, the stupid poll offered a limited list and said, "Choose one".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums