Desperate Democrats put Meghan Markle as top choice for 2024 White House run against Trump

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟214,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Meghan Markle is the top choice among Democrats for a 2024 White House run, new polling shows. Exclusive polling for Express.co.uk by the Washington-based Democracy Institute of likely Democratic voters found 64 percent say the party should opt for a female candidate at the next presidential election in two years.
Desperate Democrats put Meghan as top choice for 2024 White House run

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,671,195.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
The "Democracy Institute" think tank that conducted the poll looks like a joke.

But at least they can get Sputnik to cover their stories pushing Meghan Markle for president.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,296.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
So I looked at an earlier poll by the same people. They literally present a list of people and ask which one would they prefer. Nobody is suggesting Megan Markle but rather saying if they had to choose one of the names presented it would be her. That's different then what the OP and article imply.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟214,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
So I looked at an earlier poll by the same people. They literally present a list of people and ask which one would they prefer. Nobody is suggesting Megan Markle but rather saying if they had to choose one of the names presented it would be her. That's different then what the OP and article imply.
I think Hillary and Kamala are missing the likeability factor. Megan could keep a staff without people quitting all of the time.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,671,195.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think Hillary and Kamala are missing the likeability factor. Megan could keep a staff without people quitting all of the time.
You have not heard about Meghan Markle. She had long time royal staff quitting left and right before she got married. Bullied staff, etc. I’m not a fan of hers.

Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How many chicken eggs do you have? You shouldn't count them till they hatch. We ain't even done with this election yet. Not to mention the sad sack o Trump hasn't even announced a run yet either.

With that being said, I'll predict Newsome vs. Desantis for president in 2024 match-up.
Newsome wins easily.

Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟100,594.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Meghan Markle is the top choice among Democrats for a 2024 White House run, new polling shows. Exclusive polling for Express.co.uk by the Washington-based Democracy Institute of likely Democratic voters found 64 percent say the party should opt for a female candidate at the next presidential election in two years.
Desperate Democrats put Meghan as top choice for 2024 White House run

Good choice in my opinion. If no Democrats are reject it should any Republicans object to it? One shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟214,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
How many chicken eggs do you have? You shouldn't count them till they hatch. We ain't even done with this election yet. Not to mention the sad sack o Trump hasn't even announced a run yet either.

With that being said, I'll predict Newsome vs. Desantis for president in 2024 match-up.
Newsome wins easily.
President Trump will be announcing his run for the presidency on November 15th at Mara-a-Lago.

Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
President Trump will be announcing his run for the presidency on November 15th at Mara-a-Lago.
Sure he will. He'll probably announce then that he will have another announcement in a few weeks. He does understand his marks. And he loves the cash y'all keep donating. Keep it up. Those lawyers don't work for free hahaha!

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Let hope not. Trump isn't a good choice at all, Meghan Markle sounds like a better choice.

• Haha
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,149,907.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Sure he will. He'll probably announce then that he will have another announcement in a few weeks. He does understand his marks. And he loves the cash y'all keep donating. Keep it up. Those lawyers don't work for free hahaha!
Yep. The reason that Boris pulled out of the running to be PM a second time, was the financial consequences of losing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,928.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Third party candidates have never been particularly successful. I'd think his odds would be even worse given the two other times he's failed to get elected in the recent past. But good on him for not giving up.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Which tells us much more about the quality of the other alternatives than it does about the people that chose Markle.

Upvote 0

atpollard

Jun 18, 2017
Florida
✟116,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps it is time to reconsider this whole "President" thing and hold a Constititional Convention in 2024 to appoint Harry and Megan Monarchs of the American Kingdom ... the UK isn't using them and Canada might throw in and toss Trudeau. :)

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Which tells us much more about the quality of the other alternatives than it does about the people that chose Markle.
It's telling about the options that the poll provided - most of which are completely unrealistic. The other choices were:

Hillary Clinton - lost the primary to Obama in 2008, lost the general to Trump in 2016, widely hated, will be 77 in 2024. Not a realistic option.

AOC - arguably the most left-wing politician in national office. Not a realistic option.

Elizabeth Warren - lost the primary to Biden (and several others), will be 75 in 2024. Marginally realistic option. Honestly, I'm somewhat surprised that she polled so low, but that could easily be down to small sample size

Kamala Harris - lost the primary to Biden (and several others), not particularly liked by her own party due to her history, not doing a stellar job as VP. The only realistic candidate presented, but still unlikely given her lack of popularity

Against that competition, it's not particularly surprising that a young, attractive woman with no real political baggage and that Americans in general view pretty favorably due to her acting career and our strange obsession with the British Royal Family would come out on top.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's telling about the options that the poll provided - most of which are completely unrealistic. The other choices were:

Hillary Clinton - lost the primary to Obama in 2008, lost the general to Trump in 2016, widely hated, will be 77 in 2024. Not a realistic option.

AOC - arguably the most left-wing politician in national office. Not a realistic option.

Elizabeth Warren - lost the primary to Biden (and several others), will be 75 in 2024. Marginally realistic option. Honestly, I'm somewhat surprised that she polled so low, but that could easily be down to small sample size

Kamala Harris - lost the primary to Biden (and several others), not particularly liked by her own party due to her history, not doing a stellar job as VP. The only realistic candidate presented, but still unlikely given her lack of popularity

Against that competition, it's not particularly surprising that a young, attractive woman with no real political baggage and that Americans in general view pretty favorably due to her acting career and our strange obsession with the British Royal Family would come out on top.

From what I have seen of her, Elizibeth Warren comes across as unpleasant , unlikeable and phony. So I am not surprised she polled poorly. Other than that, I would totally agree with what you have posted.

Upvote 0